• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/16 - 7/22

CANLI

Juwanna Peezadis said:
All these are released this week? Is there anything else?

There's no way Subarashiki Kono Sekai will beat MP8.

Yeah, the top4 titles are being released today (tomorrow for it's a wonderful world)

Square Enix is making more promotions for this game than FF XII DS (http://www.jeux-france.com/news21110_it-s-a-wonderful-world-a-shibuya.html)
This game will a have a final LTD >600k. I don't know. We will see. It's just a prediction.

I don't think MP8 can deserve the first place in the top10 Media Create too.
Next week will be really interesting concerning sales numbers.

DS hardware can surpass the 150k too.

Linkup

Next week's MC thread is going to be fun.

ITA84 said:
27. [NDS]Mega Man ZX Advent

It's tracking behind its predecessor... That's so disappointing.
I guess it's because there's stronger competition now.

I can just hope for a sequel despite these numbers.

Don't worry, Star Force has a sequel coming.

*walks around corner, starts laughing

On the bright side there is a new megaman in the works for the consoles. Probably see it at TGS, can't remember where I heard it though.

Lobster

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
wow, you really have to like some spins when they think Wii version of JPPY did better than the PS2 version :lol

Well sure it didn't sell as much as the Ps2 version but thats because of the userbase. We can only wait for the final LTD sales of the game to compare the two.

Terrell

CANLI said:
Yeah, the top4 titles are being released today (tomorrow for it's a wonderful world)

Square Enix is making more promotions for this game than FF XII DS (http://www.jeux-france.com/news21110_it-s-a-wonderful-world-a-shibuya.html)
This game will a have a final LTD >600k. I don't know. We will see. It's just a prediction.

I don't think MP8 can deserve the first place in the top10 Media Create too.
Next week will be really interesting concerning sales numbers.

DS hardware can surpass the 150k too.
Those promo posters need to be made into desktops... stat!

ethelred

Lobster said:
Well sure it didn't sell as much as the Ps2 version but thats because of the userbase. We can only wait for the final LTD sales of the game to compare the two.

Monorojo is that you?! Welcome back we missed you so!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I don't see S-E shipping more IaWW than they did DQS, I think 330k would be too high. I think it'll sell closer to 150k in the first week, then again I think most of CANLI's predictions are off anyway.

Lobster said:
July 2000 - JPPY 7 PS2 - 142,152 (first week)

And there were a N64 and PS editions that year too, both did better first week too than Wii.

I already said in the other thread that the Wii version has slighty improved on GC editions numbers, but its not anywhere near PS2 editions numbers yet. Probably will when yearly sequels continue hitting but not yet.

Lobster

Banned
ethelred said:
Monorojo is that you?! Welcome back we missed you so!

hug.gif

I don't know what a Monorojo is though :(

cvxfreak

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

And there were a N64 and PS editions that year too, both did better first week too than Wii.

I already said in the other thread that the Wii version has slighty improved on GC editions numbers, but its not anywhere near PS2 editions numbers yet. Probably will when yearly sequels continue hitting but not yet.

I expect Wii to rise and PS2 to fall next year, as the Wii continues to hit its stride and the PS2 ages.

It's interesting how they branded the Wii version. Instead of 14, they put Wii instead. How will they go about next year?

test_account

XP-39C²
I agree with jimbo, pretty boring MC week. Not too much to get excisted about or any suprises in my opinion, but its always cool to check the charts tho. Next week is going to be more exciting :)

Predictions

First Day
Wii Mario Party 8 - 100k
PS3 Minna no Golf 5 - 85k
NDS Taiko no Tatsujin DS - 50k
NDS Subarashi Kono Sekai - 30k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 30k
PSP Grand Theft Auto LCS - 30k
Wii Dewy's Adventure - 10k

First Week
Wii Mario Party 8 - 200k
PS3 Minna no Golf 5 - 125k
NDS Taiko no Tatsujin DS - 85k
NDS Subarashi Kono Sekai - 60k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 50k
PSP Grand Theft Auto LCS - 50k
Wii Dewy's Adventure - 25k

I hope I didn't miss any important releases...

cvxfreak said:
I expect Wii to rise and PS2 to fall next year, as the Wii continues to hit its stride and the PS2 ages.

It's interesting how they branded the Wii version. Instead of 14, they put Wii instead. How will they go about next year?
The branding is definitely weird (like it was with N64,PS and PS2 before), it'll depend if they make another PS2 edition...its Konami, and just like PES(WE), sales-wise its probably common sense to do another one. Wii doesn't sound like a brand to keep imo (Wii 2, Wii 3...), even if JPPY 15 looks on Momotaro-FF levels of milking. Also, I thought Konami would try a PS3 edition since the realistic baseball game for them got it, maybe next year they will try? I'd go with 15 on PS2 and Wii and maybe a 2008 edition for PS3-360 or something, big question mark there though.

JPPY 15 only on DS just you wait :lol

Lobster

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Predictions

First Day
Wii Mario Party 8 - 100k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 30k

First Week
Wii Mario Party 8 - 200k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 50k

Guilty Gear for Wii. But I don't know how that series does in Japan.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I think there are enough PS3 owners in Japan to make MnG5 sell pretty well. I think it might even give Mario Party 8 a good run for #1. Whether it will cause a huge surge in new PS3 owners is something I'm not so sure about though.

And I think poor Dewy will bomb. Subarashi Kono Sekai will do decent, but nothing earth-shattering, nor will it have legs.

Will the West ever get a Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball though?

Verve

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

do you also have numbers for JPPY 8 - 13?
i mean, we look at a timespan of 7 years, 1 title per year. maybe there was a decline in the interest in the series, i don't know.
also, what was the ps2s userbase at the time of the release?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Predictions

First Day
Wii Mario Party 8 - 100k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 30k

First Week
Wii Mario Party 8 - 200k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 50k

500,000 MP8 and 300,000 MNG retail orders......

Lowball or bomba all round?

First Week
Wii Mario Party 8 - 300k
PS3 Minna no Golf 5 - 155k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 50k
Wii Dewy's Adventure - 54k

Hammer24

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Predictions

First Day
Wii Mario Party 8 - 100k

First Week
Wii Mario Party 8 - 200k

Hmm, I´d say you lowballed both... when do we expect Shinobi´s 1st day #´s?

Taker666

Dewey will be a massive bomb.

It's currently 771 in the gaming charts and 26 in the Wii chart at Amazon Japan. I doubt it will make the top 50.

*wanders into the thread*

Oh, so that's where the smell was coming from.

Dewey will be a massive bomb.

It's currently 771 in the gaming charts and 26 in the Wii chart at Amazon Japan. I doubt it will make the top 50.

Poor little water droplet...

justjohn

so who's idea was it to release dewy at a time like this. do these people have brains? will it hurt to release it like next week or even two weeks later?

Ikael

Ok, I will enter in the prediction game too...

1- Minna no Golf 5 PS3 340k
2- Mario Party 8 Wii 300k - Or Everything they have shipped
3- It's a wonderful world DS - 130K
4- Taiko no Tatsujin DS Touch de Dokodon - 80k

About Dewy, I played it and I have no doubts that it is going to be a bomb of epic proportions. It will probably sell less than Elebits. They have tried to compete with Nintendo on their speciality area (cutesy plataformer) instead of venturing in another genres, and the game itself it is not that great (It really felt bland).

milanbaros

Member?
Ikael said:
Ok, I will enter in the prediction game too...

1- Minna no Golf 5 PS3 340k
2- Mario Party 8 Wii 300k - Or Everything they have shipped
3- It's a wonderful world DS - 130K
4- Taiko no Tatsujin DS Touch de Dokodon - 80k

About Dewy, I played it and I have no doubts that it is going to be a bomb of epic proportions. It will probably sell less than Elebits. They have tried to compete with Nintendo on their speciality area (cutesy plataformer) instead of venturing in another genres, and the game itself it is not that great (It really felt bland).

Haven't they onlyu shipped 300k of MnG5?

My predictions,

MP8 - 242k
MnG5 - 156k

rakka

Why did Konami bother with Dewey anyway :-\

Ultra-Kiddy games will bomb on Nintendo unless they're first party...

Lobster

Banned
justjohn said:
so who's idea was it to release dewy at a time like this. do these people have brains? will it hurt to release it like next week or even two weeks later?

So maybe people will buy it aswell instead of just buying MP8 and Gundam?

Bo130

PREDICTION, FIRST WEEK:

Wii Mario Party 8 - 350k
PS3 Minna no Golf 5 - 140k
PSP Grand Theft Auto LCS - 80k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 50k
NDS Subarashi Kono Sekai - 45k :)()
NDS Taiko no Tatsujin DS - 40k
Wii Dewy's Adventure - 15k

.dmc

Banned
Is there any reason to believe that Konami expect anything from Dewy? It'll probably pull in 200k worldwide when all is said & done, I don't know if it was expected to do anything more than that.

sphinx

the piano man
bmf said:
By a month. And he posts more, and regularly in Sales-Age threads.

On further inspection, you seem to post in Sales-age as well. Weird. Maybe I've just not been differentiating between the two of you. Boy that's gotta be awkward for the two of you. Maybe you should get together and both change your names.

Like you said, I came here earlier, even if it's by a month. If anything, he should change his name if he wants to but since I think it's too much of a hassle, I guess people we´ll have to differentiate us by our avatars...and by the facts that he is much more levelheaded and articulate his thoughts better than me :p ....

quetz67

Banned
I remember some news a month or so ago (gamefront probably) that Minna no Golf 5 preorders were already at 300k...would be stupid to ship less than that

Lobster

Banned
quetz67 said:
I remember some news a month or so ago (gamefront probably) that Minna no Golf 5 preorders were already at 300k...would be stupid to ship less than that

Apparently those were store pre orders.

Porkepik

Well seeing all the supposed to be PS3 seller sold next to nothing i would say that MNG5 will only reach about 80k first week. I see about 280K MP8.

The rest I have no idea, maybe 20k for dewy

Wii Mario Party 8 - 310k
PS3 Minna no Golf 5 - 310k
PSP Grand Theft Auto LCS - 75k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 45k
NDS Subarashi Kono Sekai - 25k
NDS Taiko no Tatsujin DS - 30k
Wii Dewy's Adventure - 20k

Verve said:
do you also have numbers for JPPY 8 - 13?
i mean, we look at a timespan of 7 years, 1 title per year. maybe there was a decline in the interest in the series, i don't know.
also, what was the ps2s userbase at the time of the release?
Dunno the userbase but it was July and it launched in March so not really big. Opening weeks:

JPPY 7 PS2 - 142k
JPPY 8 PS2 - 139k
JPPY 9 PS2 - 158k
JPPY 10 PS2 - 202k
JPPY 11 PS2 - 193k
JPPY 12 PS2 - 248k
JPPY 13 PS2 - 156k
JPPY 14 PS2 - ~150k
All data here (look for 実況パワフルプロ野球):
http://www.kyoto.zaq.ne.jp/dkbkq103/yso/maintitle5/konami.htm

DefectiveReject said:
500,000 MP8 and 300,000 MNG retail orders......

Lowball or bomba all round?
This isn't SE case so total sell out sounds unlikely, plus there are so many big releases, MP8 and Mingol5 are casual titles, not front-loaded, its Summer plus last week of the month....but yeah, I lowballed both just in case :p

mclem

jetjevons said:
This is all crazy. Japan is supposed to be all about early adoption of cutting edge tech. What's it going to take for them to embrace next-gen? I don't get it.

/sulks.
The Wii remote, and its application to games - cutting edge. The Wiifit board, and the potential that could offer games (whether or not they take advantage of it is, of course, another matter) - cutting edge.

It's cutting edge tech that is driving the industry forward - it's just not the particular bit of tech you wanted. C'est la vie.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
titiklabingapat said:
Whered you get that info? Sinobi hasn't said anything yet.

Gamefront

26.07.07 - Sonys Sportspiel Everybody's Golf 5 (jap. 'Minna no Golf 5') kam heute in den Handel in Japan und hat einen guten Start hingelegt. Das geht aus Großhandelskreisen hervor.

Demnach ist das Spiel in vielen Geschäften bereits zu 50 Prozent ausverkauft. Der Handel schätzt, dass Everybody's Golf 5 am Ende sogar öfter verkauft werden könnte als Gundam (300.000 St.).

Genaue Verkaufszahlen folgen in den nächsten Tagen.

Hammer24

Banned
Roders5 said:
Gamefront
Demnach ist das Spiel in vielen Geschäften bereits zu 50 Prozent ausverkauft.

many stores sold 50 % means: <150k

Der Handel schätzt, dass Everybody's Golf 5 am Ende sogar öfter verkauft werden könnte als Gundam (300.000 St.).

in the end means: lifetime 300k

Result: wait for Sinobi... ;p

Top Bottom