• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man X Command Mission US cover

NotMSRP

243427.jpg

PS2's cover is the same.

For reference:

PA.05919.006.jpg

belgurdo

Banned
US cover sucks, but on the other hand the Japanese cover is the same motif they used for Breath of Fire III, only with no background now. Looks like everyone loses

Hero

I like X's new look. I thought in early art he had like a Viewtiful Joe-ish red cape/scarf. What happened to that?

kiryogi

Banned
It's still there, they're basically more like thrusters on his back.

edit: NOTMsrp: No clue yet, me and bebpo are going for GC version though. His reasoning is that loading will probably be handled efficently. While for me, it's just that choice for me thats all (Even though I have an import ps2 now) But if the loading thing is a problem, its a nice plus.

Soul4ger

kiryogi said:
It's still there, they're basically more like thrusters on his back.

edit: NOTMsrp: No clue yet, me and bebpo are going for GC version though. His reasoning is that loading will probably be handled efficently. While for me, it's just that choice for me thats all (Even though I have an import ps2 now) But if the loading thing is a problem, its a nice plus.

GC packaging is way hotter, too.

SantaC

Culex, I know you are a big fan of ToS, and I must say it's an excellent game! I just got it and played 8 hours into it.

Culex

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
Culex, I know you are a big fan of ToS, and I must say it's an excellent game! I just got it and played 8 hours into it.

Excellent. More ToS sales makes me happy :)

Hero

kiryogi said:
Check out videos, and they only seem to show up when he dashes.

I'm on 56K, got any screenshots?

I figured that, but it seemed kind of weird to me. Maybe this game can help tie the X series to the Zero series a bit more.

Edit:

Is there any explanation for X's new look? Like did he get his new outfit after a battle or anything? Axl and Zero are the same..

Shouta

MML1, MML2, and Tron Bonne OWNED.

X5-X7 should have not existed.

On that note, I`m actually looking forward to Command Mission.

NotMSRP

What's bad about X5? I haven't played the X series, but I do know Inafune didn't do X6 & X7 and fans want to disregard those two.

Hero

X5 was pretty solid I thought. X actually kept his armor from X4. Solid gameplay.

X6 and X7 were shit though.

kiryogi

Banned
NotMSRP said:
What's bad about X5? I haven't played the X series, but I do know Inafune didn't do X6 & X7 and fans want to disregard those two.

It had a lot of great ideas, but all horrible execution. In any case it seems I might be wrong about only when X is dashing does the scarf like trails show up. Check out the official site for some pics anyway.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockmanx_cm/

Alex

"We need a Cel-shaded Tron Bonne sequel, stat."

Argh, very much agreed. Loved that game. MML titles are, eh. But Tron ruled, also one of my favorite PSX games.

I played a good bit of MML on a rental, and recently picked up MML2 because it was five bucks used. Convince me to play it. The first section I played was heavy on story, but the first dungeon is really no better than in the last game.

nubbe

Can’t say that either cover is particularly exiting.

But as long the disc inside contains code similar to Dragon Quarter, it should be one of the best games this generation.

Top Bottom