• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man X8 - new screens

olimario

Banned
Did Capcom learn anything from X7 or is this another crap sequel?
I hope it's at least decent.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
08.jpg
07.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
12.jpg
11.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

I can remember back when this series was on SNES and I was actually interested in the storyline... I imagine it's fallen apart by now.

Did they ever explain who made zero and what his purpose was?

Pachinko

Dr wily made zero as the ultimate megaman killing robot apparently. Although has I recall in the first X game he was built by doctor kain. ????

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
neptunes said:
Do people still buy these games? :|

I can't imagine it, but I suppose they do. It looks pretty boring. Maybe only the really hardcore Mega Man fans care about this series anymore. I just expect the games to suck now...sad but true.

M3wThr33

Banned
X7 was only because of Sony pressure.
Capcom went easier this time because MML actually turned out to be a good series. This time they're going the VJ route.
Hopefullty it'll play closer to X4. X5 was too easy and X6 is a bit tougher. X4 was right in the sexy middle.
(I'm a goddamn fucking Megaman whore, so I'll get it no matter what)

3d? fucking hideous. Nuff said.

Why ISN't this on gamecube? The MMCE sold pretty much neck to neck on PS2 + GC (installed base difference not withstanding)

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I'll pick it up too. I played the demo and it seemed like old school side scrolling MegaMan with 3D graphics, kind of like Contra:SS or Mega Man:NT. The graphics were nice from what I saw and it looks to return the series more towards it's roots.

Shouta

X7 wasn't that bad. It was solider effort compared to X5 and X6. The only things I can blast against it were the short levels. Some of the boss battles were quite nice.

Let's hope X8 improves even more.

kiryogi

Banned
Shouta said:
X7 wasn't that bad. It was solider effort compared to X5 and X6. The only things I can blast against it were the short levels. Some of the boss battles were quite nice.

Let's hope X8 improves even more.

Not even the hardcore thinks X7 was anywhere near decent. Easily the lowest point in the series. The only thing good that came from it was the OST.

Ranger X

Was X7 with 3D graphics too? To lazy to go find out ;)

Anyway, i'm all fine with Megaman Anniversary Collection. I'm not even near completing each Megaman games on this one.

Top Bottom