• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega sweet pics of Gearbox' Brothers in Arms

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Shompola said:
so the chances are that xbox version will probably be polished while the pc version might be buggy?
There was also a playable PC version at the event I was at. All versions are delayed far as I know.

Xbox version is focus platform, I think. PC looked great though, should work fine. :)

segasonic

Claus said:
Why is it that a lot of Xbox screens have a hazy effect to them?

Those screens are from the PC version.

Xbox version is a little uglier.

Both have the David Hamilton look going on though.

Kobold

I played the Xbox version for over an hour, it looked amazing. Only difference was resolution of some textures and of course screen resolution on the PC version. It's arguably just as pretty so far. :)

SyNapSe

Kobold said:
(it's dutch!!!! not german thanks you :) )

It's a squad shooter so you get to control your squad. Theres two fire teams, the assault team and the supression team. One you use to pin the enemy down, the other to flank and eliminate them. Enemies will also flank if your too passive. Oh, and you get killed real quick like in Rainbow Six Headshot is often fatal.

You can carry only 2 weapons, like Halo. You can have a tank in your squad, which you control in the same way as your soldiers, also you can 'mount' the tank and fire the machine gun on top and still direct orders.

The people in the game are ACTUAL soldiers that fought in WWII and who are in the war records, decorated with multiple medals and all the likes. You play missions that actual did happen and occur the way you wil play. All is modeled and built from real life satelite photo's from the 1940's.

Oops, sorry about the switch up of Nationalities! :)

It seems Squad-Based shooting is the in thing. How did it seem to control on the Xbox version you played? That's pretty much always the big difference between Console and PC versions. The team-based Multiplayer isn't bad, but Co-op can make a huge difference (at least to me) Hopefully, they find time to throw that in on the Xbox version.

Kobold

SyNapSe said:
Oops, sorry about the switch up of Nationalities! :)

It seems Squad-Based shooting is the in thing. How did it seem to control on the Xbox version you played? That's pretty much always the big difference between Console and PC versions. The team-based Multiplayer isn't bad, but Co-op can make a huge difference (at least to me) Hopefully, they find time to throw that in on the Xbox version.
Very similar to Halo and other shooters. The interface for squad commands was mega simple and easy to get a hang of. You press the right trigger the pointer appears, you select the squad you want to go there with black or white buttong, release trigger and they will go there and act on their own. Context sensitive. Point it on enemy, they will attack, point it to cover, they will go in cover. Gather all men or one team one you with the d-pad pressing up. Select teams with right or left. Easy peasy. Good control system I'm sure they will streamline it some though.

segasonic

Kobold said:
It's arguably just as pretty so far. :)
I saw both the Xbox and the PC version within a few minutes and I can assure you that the Xbox version does not look as good as the PC version. Especially the vegetation looks a lot better on PC.

How was the framerate on the Xbox?

And what's with the Gearbox hate? I only played the Halo PC demo, so I don't really know what went wrong with that one... Gearbox has done some pretty ordinary work over the years (James Bond 007: NightFire PC port, Half-Life: Blue Shift was ok, but a bit short), but the THPS3 PC port was the best PC port for the franchise to date, their work with the Half-Life expansions showed a lot of promise.

Now they're out from under the restrictive pressure of ports, I think a well resourced and experienced team like Gearbox has a lot of potential.

SKluck

Banned
Looking forward to it. Gameplay videos I saw at e3 looked nuts. Very immersive, squad dynamics are very cool.

Kobold

segasonic said:
I saw both the Xbox and the PC version within a few minutes and I can assure you that the Xbox version does not look as good as the PC version. Especially the vegetation looks a lot better on PC.
I guess we where at the same event. Making it a matter of opinion. I saw them both side by side as well. So i'm not really assured by your opinion, since I thought the Xbox version looked excelent on itself. :)

Thanks for the impressions. The game modes sound a little bit different from the usual, and I'm happy to hear that there are some strategic elements with troop control. It should hopefully add some variety to the game.

Burger

Games based on WW2 will probably be made until the end of time, or until we have the technology to actually simulate the whole thing.

Get over it.

It's one of the most fascinating pieces of modern history, and you should be waking up every fuckin morning thanking the sweet lord that people your age died so you could bitch about WW2 games.

firex

So wait, this game plays like an actual tactical FPS? Awesome, I hope it's as good as Operation Flashpoint.

etiolate

Banned
medaloflame.jpg

Top Bottom