• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megadeth - "The System Has Failed" Cover Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

IJoel

B0002SPQ1I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I love it. It r0x!

It will be dated soon enough (actually a Bush re-election may help its sales lol), but I too like the old school 80's metal vibe.

White Man

It will be dated soon enough (actually a Bush re-election may help its sales lol), but I too like the old school 80's metal vibe.

Isn't that Clinton on the cover, too? I think this cover is mining the same Megadeth meme that the most excellent video for 'Peace Sells,' aka all politicians are sucking on the throbbing cock of evil, evil moolah.

Jeez, I used to love me some Megadeth. If only this SOUNDED like Peace Sells.

IJoel

White Man said:
Isn't that Clinton on the cover, too? I think this cover is mining the same Megadeth meme that the most excellent video for 'Peace Sells,' aka all politicians are sucking on the throbbing cock of evil, evil moolah.

Jeez, I used to love me some Megadeth. If only this SOUNDED like Peace Sells.

Yep. Those are also Bill and Hilary Clinton. It's bipartisan. :p

ElyrionX

http://www.mightyrhapsody.com

Awesome Italian power metal band. They even hired Christopher Lee to do the narrative for this latest album......

Track listing:

01 :The Dark Secret
-Ira Divina-
02 : Unholy Warcry
03 : Never Forgotten Heroes
04 : Elgard´s Green Valleys
05 :The Magic Of The Wizards Dream
06 : Erian´s Mystical Rhymes
-The White Dragon‘s Order-
07 : The Last Angels´ Call
08 : Dragonland‘s Rivers
09 : Sacred Power Of Raging Winds
10 : Guardiani Del Destino
11 : Shadows Of Death
12 : Nightfall On The Grey Mountains

moist

I think Mayhems "Dawn of the Black Hearts" Cd cover is a little more shocking... especially if you know the backstory.

ElyrionX said:
http://www.mightyrhapsody.com

Awesome Italian power metal band. They even hired Christopher Lee to do the narrative for this latest album......

Track listing:

01 :The Dark Secret
-Ira Divina-
02 : Unholy Warcry
03 : Never Forgotten Heroes
04 : Elgard´s Green Valleys
05 :The Magic Of The Wizards Dream
06 : Erian´s Mystical Rhymes
-The White Dragon‘s Order-
07 : The Last Angels´ Call
08 : Dragonland‘s Rivers
09 : Sacred Power Of Raging Winds
10 : Guardiani Del Destino
11 : Shadows Of Death
12 : Nightfall On The Grey Mountains

That is exactly what I thought the track listing would be! Any band that has Sacred Power of Raging Winds as a song title is pure gold. These guys remind me of Manowar! I have a strong affection to music like this because it was what I listened to when I was around 13 to 17. I look back at just how into the music these types of bands were and I stand in awe of them. The music and lyrics are so amazingly contrived and use every trick in the book as far as trying to sound seriously medieval and then BAM, hit you with modern guitar solos. NOTHING sells medieval like electric guitar!

Bless this band!

Fusebox

Banned
I used to love Megadeth but their old stuff has't aged very well at all unfortunately imo.

I'm guessing that this wont be anywhere near as good as the last two metal comeback albums I bough, Iron Maidens 'Dance Of Death' and Helloweens 'Rabbit Don't Come Easy'

Warm Machine said:
Any band that has Sacred Power of Raging Winds as a song title is pure gold. These guys remind me of Manowar!

I love Manowar. You're cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom