• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megadrive/Genesis Mini: Sept 19 release date, $70, M2 doing the emulation, 40 Games (inc Castlevania)

Kazza

giphy.gif

I mean, whoever wrote that tweet must realise how people would react, right? Then again, I suppose it could just be some 18 year old intern who just randomly picked out a 80s/90s phrase from google.

Kazza

Could be this shite...

220px-Greendog_Cover_Art.jpg

I remember this game being featured on one of those VHS tapes they sometimes used to include with games magazines. I was pretty hyped at the time, but I never ended up buying it (I think the reviews weren't so positive). Was this game popular in the US? If so, then there's a chance of it being included in the North American version.

Orta

Banned
I remember this game being featured on one of those VHS tapes they sometimes used to include with games magazines. I was pretty hyped at the time, but I never ended up buying it (I think the reviews weren't so positive). Was this game popular in the US? If so, then there's a chance of it being included in the North American version.

Was it the vhs tape with issue 1 of Mean Machines Sega? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

It looked gorgeous but you're right. Average reviews. Never played it myself.

Kazza

Was it the vhs tape with issue 1 of Mean Machines Sega? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Yep, haha. I must have watched that tape at least 100 times (the Mega CD one too).

Watching that clip again all these years later, I can see why the music and graphics attracted me. But from the video it seems that the hit box detection is all over the place.

Last edited:

EctoPrime

Would be funny if it turns out to be Battletoads instead but far less so if Bart vs. The space mutants.

Edit* with E3 days away it could actually be Battletoads as some kind of marketing deal for Battletoads 2019. The original game even has your character riding a surfboard in one of the stages.

Last edited:
I am hoping there is a secret game or two to unlock at the end of all this.

Some of the choices have beem terrible (Altered Beast, Alex Kidd, Space Harrier 2) that they could make it up by getting the truly hardcore to unlock 3 games via basically playing the mini for X amount of hours (10/20).

Very likely going to Pre-Order the Japanese version is Cotton is on there. May still do anyway.

Bullet Club

Banned
Last lot of games announced so far for Japan:

Alisia Dragoon
Road Rash II
Assault Suits Leynos
Langrisser II
Slap Fight MD

Last edited:

Kazza

I didn't think the stream was starting for another hour...oh well. Looks like Monster World 4 is there too.

Kazza

Jap games announce so far:

Columns
Monster World 4
Dynamite Headdy
Assault Suit Leynos (aka Target Earth)
Langrisser 2
Alisia Dragoon
Road Rash 2
Slap Fight MD
Snow Bros.
Lord Monarch
Darius (no. 11)

Kazza

Koshiro is playing Darius, so I think the game announcements are over. Out of the 11 Japanese games, I think these are a sure thing for the Western version:
Columns (or maybe a sequel)
Dynamite Headdy
Road Rash 2
Darius

With these also more likely than not:
Monster World 4 (we already have another Wonder Boy game announced, so they might stick to the per franchise rule)
Dynamite Headdy
Alisia Dragoon (was this popular in the West?)
Snow Bros. (we make a fun 2 player game)

We should have a western announcement within the hour. It's a shame we didn't get a separate English language show for each of the four 10 game announcements.

Kazza

I would be upset about having Tetris taking up one of the 40 slots given how ubiquitous it is, but since it's extra, that's fine.

Kazza

Anyone else just hoping for this guy to lose at Tetris so we can get on with the rest of the announcements, haha? (he seems pretty good though)

Dang, gotta get the Japanese version. They have so many shmups (Slap Fight, Darius, MUSHA).

Alisia Dragoon has a stunning soundtrack, and that's not likely to come West literally proven wrong within 30 minutes :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Bar81

If they’re selling the Mega CD accessory and with that game list the JP version is beyond fire...

Top Bottom