• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalAlien

Banned
ktzjvTl.jpg
Biden Harris

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The fact that the forum staff has sided with MSM in calling the election early and locked a perfectly legitimate election discussion thread to try and force something into people's minds that isn't real yet is more than a bit ridiculous I think. There's no harm in simply presenting facts as they are, no one has won or lost the election yet, so I'm not sure what's with all the thread titles stating one party lost and America has a new President-elect. Disappointing to see.
this is why i've unplugged from politics and put the forum on ignore. too many people want to decide something that still has over a month before any official word comes.

the electoral college doesn't meet until December 14th. that's the earlier possible date a US president can be officially declared.

past that, there are lawsuits, the supreme court, etc.

people insisting Biden has already won are obnoxious and im boycotting any politics threads for the next month because talking to them while this is all up in the air is entirely pointless.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
The fact that the forum staff has sided with MSM in calling the election early and locked a perfectly legitimate election discussion thread to try and force something into people's minds that isn't real yet is more than a bit ridiculous I think. There's no harm in simply presenting facts as they are, no one has won or lost the election yet, so I'm not sure what's with all the thread titles stating one party lost and America has a new President-elect. Disappointing to see.
I wouldn't worry too much about it

First and foremost, this isn't a forum centered on politics, so everything regarding the politics section I would take with a phat amount of salt

As far as "Siding with MSM;" the associated press has reported on elections for hundreds of years at this point and is trusted with election results from many politicians, and with a fair amount of accuracy (I couldn't find a case where they called it early and were wrong; there was speculation about Florida in 2000 with Al Gore, but those were cleared previously)

With that being said, it's a safe assumption to go with them based upon their history; and I'm sure the admins/mods followed that idealogy because it's a safe/sane assumption, and will reduce the current heated year of having both an election as well as new consoles coming out. I'm sure they're gonna like the break

inb4 conspiracy theories about deep rooted political corruption and AP/MSM being involved without good evidence

Nymphae

Banned
With that being said, it's a safe assumption to go with them based upon their history; and I'm sure the admins/mods followed that idealogy because it's a safe/sane assumption, and will reduce the current heated year of having both an election as well as new consoles coming out. I'm sure they're gonna like the break

Why the need to assume at all lol? It's demonstrably not over, so maybe lets not pretend like it is until official, inarguable results are in.

O-N-E

I wouldn't worry too much about it

First and foremost, this isn't a forum centered on politics, so everything regarding the politics section I would take with a phat amount of salt

As far as "Siding with MSM;" the associated press has reported on elections for hundreds of years at this point and is trusted with election results from many politicians, and with a fair amount of accuracy (I couldn't find a case where they called it early and were wrong; there was speculation about Florida in 2000 with Al Gore, but those were cleared previously)

inb4 conspiracy theories about deep rooted political corruption and AP/MSM being involved without good evidence

I thought you self-exiled to Virgin GAF.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I thought you self-exiled to Virgin GAF.
I didn't self-exile, though the repetition of Arcadia's assertions are appreciated

Originally I was dealing with a disappeared land lord when trying to renew my lease, settled that, then I won my bet, and this thread became boring af; probably because I didn't stand anymore chance of gaining anything

I lurk here every once in a while though; some of the things people say in a very self serious tone is gold for screen shots

EDIT:
Why the need to assume at all lol? It's demonstrably not over, so maybe lets not pretend like it is until official, inarguable results are in.
You're assuming that their wrong

I'm sure complaining about that on a private gaming forum will change anything about pre-called election results from the press

But hey everyone picks their own battle grounds

I don't really have much else to say on the matter; if you don't trust MSM to any amount. especially one that's been accurately apart of political reporting for 172 years without tangible proof they're corrupt, that's you man

Last edited:

O-N-E

I didn't self-exile, though the repetition of Arcadia's assertions are appreciated

Originally I was dealing with a disappeared land lord when trying to renew my lease, settled that, then I won my bet, and this thread became boring af; probably because I didn't stand anymore chance of gaining anything

I lurk here every once in a while though; some of the things people say in a very self serious tone is gold for screen shots

Gain?....wuh?

What do you do with the screenshots?

Nymphae

Banned
You're assuming that their wrong

No I'm not, I'm assuming (correctly) that the results are not in and no official winner has been chosen, and think the election thread should have stayed open at least as long as the election. Crazy I know.

Do I want them to be wrong? You're damn right I do. But how about we stick to reality for the time being.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Gain?....wuh?

What do you do with the screenshots?
I had a bet going on with another forum's mods regarding this place and certain threads, I won said bet; nothing nefarious, just a bit of harmless joking between us pirates

Internal emails at work, posting to other bbs/image boards/forums, hanging out in seedy places getting a good giggle with that "community," etc

Ever hodge podge on a lot of different places on the interwebs? That's all

O-N-E

I had a bet going on with another forum's mods regarding this place and certain threads, I won said bet; nothing nefarious, just a bit of harmless joking between us pirates

Internal emails at work, posting to other bbs/image boards/forums, hanging out in seedy places getting a good giggle with that "community," etc

Ever hodge podge on a lot of different places on the interwebs? That's all

Not really.

Sounds shady.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

The facts are being presented as they are.

exyycAB.png

Nymphae

Banned
The facts are being presented as they are.

exyycAB.png

Perhaps you should edit the title of your new thread like the MSM has started doing:

Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden potentially surpasses 270 electoral vote threshold; becomes characterized as the apparent 2020 US President-elect

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps you should edit the title of your new thread like the MSM has started doing:

Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden potentially surpasses 270 electoral vote threshold; becomes characterized as the apparent 2020 US President-elect

LZJVm3M.jpg

MSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Is it a gaming forum with like 12 people?
Depending on which place, it can be that way, yeah; kind of like any place it'll deflate/inflate depending. These places aren't also looking to be any huge place, IMO

Think of it this way; you want to be low key, you don't go handing out your address

I also think it's because they don't necessarily care to take the time to do SEO for a web site that they never plan to make money off of, nor want to

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Depending on which place, it can be that way, yeah; kind of like any place it'll deflate/inflate depending. These places aren't also looking to be any huge place, IMO

Think of it this way; you want to be low key, you don't go handing out your address

I also think it's because they don't necessarily care to take the time to do SEO for a web site that they never plan to make money off of, nor want to
I'm only asking because there aren't many gaming forums around and I know of the few that have little to no members. (or most of em)

Unless it is a warez site or some shit.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I'm only asking because there aren't many gaming forums around and I know of the few that have little to no members. (or most of em)

Unless it is a warez site or some shit.
We've probably run into each other here or there then I would imagine; I don't stick with a particular username though

Some times it's warez/other-type-things places, really depends on the place and the time. I don't have a particular affinity or aversion to any particular web site or genre within reason

I didn't think anything of you asking

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

How did she have a daughter when she fucking died before T3? That was like 30 years ago. Age doesn't add up.

No scared face
Women largely share the same models
Shoulders too wide
We are at SEASON 4 and the full game costs you more than 100 neetbux

SMH Namco *I'd buy S4 for Angel and Unknown because fuck canon*.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
jaffe is streaming prodeus

This game is hot. I am trying to keep from playing too much of the early access version, but it's so good.

When people talk about what Doom 3 would have been if they did it in the style of the first two, it feels like this. And they made it real moddable with a level editor like those old games too. It's really great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom