• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
well buying it now isn't an option for me, but in a month or so, I could squeeze it into the budget. If Sony doesn't think it's a good idea to have it available then, too bad for them, they lost the sale.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
SonOfABeep said:
well buying it now isn't an option for me, but in a month or so, I could squeeze it into the budget. If Sony doesn't think it's a good idea to have it available then, too bad for them, they lost the sale.

They will have it man you really think they wont supply this!? It a badass game with their console THEY WILL!

SamuraiX-

Corran Horn said:
5 more hours....the one time i dont like living in cali! lol

You and me both. lol

What part of the state you live in? I'm up near Sacramento... 5 hours until it's officially released on the West Coast... 15 hours until I have it in my hands. :D

dork

Banned
Guled said:
Are we still keeping the same clans as in the beta, or starting over again?
Im sure we have to start over again, im going to sit and refresh the clan list until i see gaf :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
SamuraiX- said:
You and me both. lol

What part of the state you live in? I'm up near Sacramento... 5 hours until it's officially released on the West Coast... 15 hours until I have it in my hands. :D
Born and raised in Sacramento. I live like 30mins outside of it now.

N30RYU

lunlunqq said:
WTF??? "transportation issues" due to "oil price???" what kind of excuse is that?

My english is not as good as i wanted it to be.

With the rise of the gas prize, the truckers are losing money every transport they do, and they have parked their trucks in protest demanding a minimum pay. And they are stopping all the trucks that aren't supporting the protest.
That's why every shop here in spain haven't got MGS4 in stock the release date.

Salazar

What's up with JB Hifi ? I went in this morning, and not a goddamn MGS4 in the store. The guy from the EB next door even came in and (standing right next to me, super-creepy style) bellows "WOW, NO METAL GEAR EH !!!!!". Odd store-wars.

What's more - where's Echochrome ? Australian release today, no ?

ezekial45

Banned
TeTr1C said:
Oh, and I opened my LE strategy guide. I just needed something to tide me over until the release. I just looked at the beginning of it, the weapons (SO MANY WEAPONS!!!), and the MGO portion of it. Nothing else.

Does the Stinger missile launcher make a return?

scoobs

Walmart is selling at midnight in stores that are open 24 hrs a day, for those who forgot to pre-order.

I'm heading down to my local store soon :)

SamuraiX-

Corran Horn said:
I live in Folsom now :)

Right on! I go shopping at the Wal-Mart you guys have up there all the time. That Folsom Aquatic Center pool place is awesome too. :D

You going to a GameStop that has a midnight launch over there?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
SamuraiX- said:
Right on! I go shopping at the Wal-Mart you guys have up there all the time. That Folsom Aquatic Center pool place is awesome too. :D

You going to a GameStop that has a midnight launch over there?
ya my roommate is the store manager there...so im gonna go or just have him pick it up for me :lol

Blader

I have my LE preordered but I'm not doing the midnight launch for fear of Dumbledore-esuqe spoilers. Is Gamestop going to fuck me over and give away my copy to someone else?

scoobs said:
Walmart is selling at midnight in stores that are open 24 hrs a day, for those who forgot to pre-order.

I'm heading down to my local store soon :)
All of them? I just called my local wal-mart, but the guy in the vidoe department didn't understand what I was asking :/ I already pre-ordered but I want this in 3 hours not 13. Should I order online, then try to pick up in store? help!!!! I'm willing to bet they won't have it on the shelf, should I ask someone?

Doc Evils

TTP said:

I told him to sign up to gaf since a lot of Sony dev's posts here like Insomniac. He was surprised when I told him why I know the GS can't be done on the RSX and just confirmed it basically.

Safe Bet

Banned
Dear GAF,

Please capture vidoe of someone yelling "monkey steals the peach" at a midnight launch and then post it here.

With Thanks and Love,
Safe Bet

scoobs

BobTheFork said:
All of them? I just called my local wal-mart, but the guy in the vidoe department didn't understand what I was asking :/ I already pre-ordered but I want this in 3 hours not 13. Should I order online, then try to pick up in store? help!!!! I'm willing to bet they won't have it on the shelf, should I ask someone?

Yea, go to the register if it's not on the shelves yet and they will get it for you. If not show them the release date on a printed out version of the walmart website and shove it in the persons face :)

scoobs said:
Yea, go to the register if it's not on the shelves yet and they will get it for you. If not show them the release date on a printed out version of the walmart website and shove it in the persons face :)
Oh, yeah BOOSH in their face!!! I just hope I can get someone at the video department counter. I really don't want to bother the poor Albanian lady who works the only checkout at night, but by God I will.

SamuraiX-

Corran Horn said:
ya my roommate is the store manager there...so im gonna go or just have him pick it up for me :lol

family-guy-l-damn.jpg

I'm still feeling really worried that something might happen where the guys at GameStop won't give me the game for some reason. God help me if I don't walk out of the store tomorrow morning with game and guide in hand... :lol

PS3 Fanboy is on location Times Square in New York!

Some people traveled all the way from Canada to get here. Some were here since yesterday, enjoying the blistering New York heat all day long. The stories are as varied as the people in attendance. Already, the line is wrapping around the avenue, a feat which reminds us of the NYC launch of the Wii. That's saying something!

We're coming around with swag for you guys! We'll update this post throughout the evening (provided we can find internet).

Pictures: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/metal-gear-solid-4-launch-in-times-square/
Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/11/were-here-in-times-square/

Man I wish I could be there! For any gafers going I expect tons of pictures and videos of the event tomorrow morning lol:lol :D

Chromax said:
I heard the Gamestop near me canceled their midnight launch because the neighbors complained...

I think you know what needs to be done lol Go in with your tranq. gun and duck tape them until the launch is over lol:lol :lol or send it your MKII and shockz them:D

Safe Bet said:
Dear GAF,

Please capture video of someone yelling "monkey steals the peach" at a midnight launch and then post it here.

With Thanks and Love,
Safe Bet

Even better have some gafers act it out have one guy hold MGS4 then have the other guy yell "monkey steals the peach" or get Kojima to say "monkey steals the peach" LOL :lol

Teknoman

I've been out of the loop, but have we designated the leaders of the various GAF MGO squads yet? Also what animal names we will use for the squads (like before with NeoGAF Fox, NeoGAF frog, etc. with the logo in the shape of the animal but with the GAF color scheme).

Strawman

This is the first mgs ive played. The 1st 20 minutes blew me away and ive been playing in awe since then. Gonna get some sleep and get stuck into this epic properly tomorrow.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
LEAVING NOW!!!! OH MY GOOOODDDDDDD

ITS LIKE IM GOING TO THE DELIVERY ROOM TO GO GIVE BIRTH TO A BEAUTIFUL BABBBYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom