• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Control pics

Kon Tiki

Banned
920760_20041007_screen013.jpg

OR

920760_20041007_screen012.jpg

Pen mode: touch the screen to look, double tap to jump, d-pade to move, L to shoot.
Dual mode: d-pade to shoot, use the ABXYLR.
Touch Mode:Much like pen mode but with your thumb.
920760_20041007_screen002.jpg
920760_20041007_screen010.jpg
920760_20041007_screen011.jpg

920760_20041007_screen014.jpg

Ristamar

Memles said:
D is Dual, P is Pen, what is T?

I was wondering the same thing. DL = Dual Mode for Left-handers.

TL/TR? Hmm.... probably "Touch Mode" for shooting. One for righties, one for lefties.

EDIT: This is assuming the stylus is for movement in Pen Mode. I guess it may be the other way around.

neptunes

good to see that they have left/right handed configurations.

and it appears that the demo will onloy have 3 levels, I hope there will be other demos to download. :)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Fucking hell, first the pics were too big, now they're giving us these crappy movies.

Looks good...maybe? Who knows!

Tenguman

he seems to be holding it ok. My guess is it's better if you got large hands

*ah he's using his right pinky to hold the right side

Kon Tiki

Banned
hmm Free look and full mouse control. NO AUTOLOCK.

In P mode, L is fire. Double tap is jump. You can jump and look/move at the same time.

Soul4ger

I'm sorry, but that video has me VERY enthused about this game! I'm happy to see they listened and went back to change the controls. Looks very good.

Tenguman

my only concern is that NST is making the game.....

single player may not be so hot, but maybe multi will be great

Tenguman

Eh, looks like "single player" won't be a normal single player. more like little modes...think unreal tournament 2004 single player.

i guess it's all about multiplayer then. which is cool i guess

aoi tsuki

neptunes said:
I like how he controls the morph ball with the touch screen.

Though the game audio/music seems bleh.

My faavorite part as well. i was waiting for him to make a reference to Super Monkey Ball, or at least Marble Madness. i'm guessing he used the stylus for demonstration purposes. It would be much more natural using your finger.

Wow...After seeing this video I'm not too worried about the game's controls. It seems like it should work out pretty well. Anyway, much better than I expected.

Top Bottom