• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Email (Xbox) account vanished.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
MS accounts offer four ways of 2FA. You should've had all four active and up to date.
I do have 2FA as if it means inputting a code sent to me via phone/email before I sign into new device.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Is it a ms or Google email account? Cause I kinda fucked up with my gmail and realized it's worthless compared to outlook. long story short, Google wants you to use it frequently but they did a poor job to give you valid reasons for that, it's like they're shooting themselves on the foot, it's their fault, ms just outsmarted them, it is what it is.
Its a outlook account.

Reactions: SHA

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Your account has been hacked. Meaning you probably didn't have 2FA enabled which you stated you did earlier. Rookie mistake.
I'm sure I do. Is it when I sign into a new device I get a code to my phone or a code to linked email address to input before I can sign in on new device.

SHA

Thank you. It says no problem with account and yet email isn't recognised on anything else. So got to be some bug or something. I'll ring them tomorrow.
If you haven't figured it out %99 of the times it's the server.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
If you haven't figured it out %99 of the times it's the server.
I think your right. MS still haven't sorted it but I managed to get into my Xbox account via my laptop code. So I'm using Xbox via the random replacement email and I have removed my card details and requested to change the linked email to another one as original linked one as disappeared. It takes 30 days for this to happen so when it does hopefully I will be able to link a new email as the primary email to account.

Nothing has been touched on account.
Seems as if Microsoft account as been mixed up with another one. As I still have my emails up until last Wednesday but haven't received any new emails. I do receive email for new account but they go on to my old account and those emails are only what those certain games send to it when I first play them.

Don't know if it makes sense. But it's weird.

SHA

I think your right. MS still haven't sorted it but I managed to get into my Xbox account via my laptop code. So I'm using Xbox via the random replacement email and I have removed my card details and requested to change the linked email to another one as original linked one as disappeared. It takes 30 days for this to happen so when it does hopefully I will be able to link a new email as the primary email to account.

Nothing has been touched on account.
Seems as if Microsoft account as been mixed up with another one. As I still have my emails up until last Wednesday but haven't received any new emails. I do receive email for new account but they go on to my old account and those emails are only what those certain games send to it when I first play them.

Don't know if it makes sense. But it's weird.
I remember it happened multiple times with my 360 and couldn't figure the issue, but forced to renew the password every time.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Absolute shit Microsoft. Trying to get in contact with them to ask for a refund on my games and remaining Gamepass and I can't even get in touch with them.
This is the future everyone.
Eighteen fuckin years.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Absolute shit Microsoft. Trying to get in contact with them to ask for a refund on my games and remaining Gamepass and I can't even get in touch with them.
Eighteen fuckin years.

Good luck getting them to refund 18 years worth of games.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Eighteen fuckin years.
You say "you can't get in touch with them", what do you mean? Go to the website and schedule a support call. Go under the billing section to ensure you get the option to speak with someone. Call 1800-4my-xbox. There are multiple options

Edit: I just went to Xbox support website and was able to schedule a call back, all within 2 minutes.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
You say "you can't get in touch with them", what do you mean? Go to the website and schedule a support call. Go under the billing section to ensure you get the option to speak with someone. Call 1800-4my-xbox. There are multiple options

Edit: I just went to Xbox support website and was able to schedule a call back, all within 2 minutes.
I'm in the UK. It's different as far as I know. I have got through somehow but it's not very easy as it asks for my email. My email has vanished.It doesn't exist they say. I contact them via another account and their reply is everything is working ok. It isn't.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Been on the phone today today and the account has gone. They don't give a shit. Never again folks.

Top Bottom