• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microwave burrito instructions are out of control.

BossLackey

Gold Member
I sometimes eat microwave burritos for their superior deliciousness-to-effort ratio in that I simply have to place it in a microwave and get a decent tasting item.

However, something that's impossible not to notice when "preparing" these foodstuffs is that the instructions, regardless of brand, invariably call for significantly more time in the microwave than required for a hot burrito.

There are frozen instructions for many, but I'm talking about the "thawed" instructions. If I didn't always cut those times short, we're looking at life-altering mouth injuries without a good 15 minute wait for the burrito to return to mortal-tolerable temperatures. This is the one and only microwavable product I have this issue with, but it's every brand I've tried.

I mean, it's not much of an issue, just a mild inconvenience the first few times before I started cutting the time short.

Shit's weird man.

GeekyDad

Shit's weird man.
Is it though?

...their superior deliciousness-to-effort ratio...
They're made for lazy-minded people. (No offense intended toward you. Tired-minded, if you like.)

Sounds like these things are marketed for the base humankind. I'm guessing scalding mouth burns won't even wake someone like that up from their mental slumber. But that doesn't sound like the case for you. You seem to understand that if you want the shit to be good (and safe), you got have a modicum of patience and put forth an iota of effort.

SJRB

Gold Member
iu

The time and age where man needs instructions to prevent them from not putting blazing hot food in his mouth.

GHG

Just the thread title alone made me want to throw up in my mouth a little. And it gets worse in that these things go straight in the microwave from frozen?

Microwaves are for emergencies and simple food only.

Last edited:

AlphaDump

Gold Member
My brother knows a guy who is permanently scarred from passing out with a hotpocket in their mouth that was basically thermonuclear coming out of the microwave.

My brother knows a guy who is permanently scarred from passing out with a hotpocket in their mouth that was basically thermonuclear coming out of the microwave.
I've never had one and even I'm aware that eating Hot Pockets is a gamble. Things from mold to plastic have been found inside those things.

diunxx

honestly, ground beef, chicken or pork cooks in like 5-6 mins, just add some taco seasoning if you are not good at seasoning and warm up the tortilla while the meat cooks, throw some shredder cheese and sour cream and you have a burrito in less than 10 minutes and it doesn't taste like homeless vomit.

BossLackey

Gold Member
honestly, ground beef, chicken or pork cooks in like 5-6 mins, just add some taco seasoning if you are not good at seasoning and warm up the tortilla while the meat cooks, throw some shredder cheese and sour cream and you have a burrito in less than 10 minutes and it doesn't taste like homeless vomit.

I cook a lot and I'm pretty good at it. I eat these every once in a while precisely because I don't want to ALWAYS be cooking or putting something together, especially at like midnight when I just need something quick and I'm tired.

I think people in this thread believe I'm living entirely off of microwave burritos when in reality it's 1 every other week.
I mean.......you went to the effort of posting a thread about it, with "out of control" in the title so yeah it kinda came across that way lol.

Kacho

Gold Member
Hell yeah dude. Back in my 20s I'd grab a Bomb Burrito when I was hammered at 2am. Good times lol
bomb_beef_bean_spicy_red_hot_650x650-1.jpg

I understand your struggle with the struggle meal. Even if you wait 30 minutes after microwaving it, biting into it destroys your tongue. Every time. It's like biting into battery acid.

How are Hot Pockets so expertly engineered?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I bet it's been 25 years since I had a microwave burrito. I dont know how to prepare one any more. I should get one.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I prefer freshly made burritos. Those bean burritos you buy in boxes from the store always had a cold center. Even when you threw it back in the microwave it would explode out the sides, completely ruining the entire meal. They might as well sell them as enchiladas.

Top Bottom