• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaire steals from poor. Literally this time (G-A-F?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronito

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...06_1_credit-card-baseball-tournament-deputies

A Michigan dentist in town for his son's baseball game was arrested late Saturday on credit-card theft and forgery charges after Polk County deputy sheriffs said he stole a college student's credit card and used it to buy pizza.

Richard Lewis Ludwig, 54, of Okemos, Mich., also faces charges of impersonating and attempting to use the ID of another person without consent.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office gave this account:

The victim, Harrun Majeed of Davenport, dropped his credit card in the parking lot of a Publix at 2424 Sand Mine Road in Davenport on Saturday evening. Majeed, a military veteran studying at a community college, realized the card was gone when he got home and called to cancel it.

While on the phone with the credit-card company, a representative told Majeed someone had used the card to make a purchase at Mia Pizza Pasta Kitchen, in the same plaza as the Publix where Majeed lost his card. Majeed immediately called the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

Polk County deputy sheriffs arrested Ludwig after finding him at the restaurant waiting for his order. They said Ludwig admitted to finding Majeed's credit card in the parking lot, ordering two large pizzas with extra olives and using Majeed's card to pay the $40.64 bill. Ludwig had $250 in cash in his wallet at the time of his arrest, deputies said.

When asked if he was having financial problems, the sheriff's office said, Ludwig laughed and said "absolutely not." He told deputies his net worth was between $3 million and $4 million.

Ludwig told deputies he was visiting Polk County because his son is playing in a baseball tournament in Winter Haven.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
He told deputies his net worth was between $3 million and $4 million.
I'm going to need some confirmation beyond the money in his wallet. I hear this shit all the time from people who obviously are not millionaires.

Salazar

Mucking around with people's teeth probably would give a disturbed mind a sense of overwhelming power and elevation from the common ruck of humanity.

low-G

Maybe he lied about his net worth. Either way he is insane.

Dollars don't keep you from going crazy. We should all know that from recent events, if nothing else.

hteng

Banned
WickedAngel said:
Rich people can afford lawyers.

cool, then i hope he get to loss more money that way, with the lawyer fees and all. I don't see how he can win in a lawsuit, this is clearly fraud.

Branduil

Mobius1B7R said:
Don't know about you guys, but that crime of 20 for a large pizza should be punished as well, crikey.
Must be a really good pizza. People are willing to go to jail over it.

Mobius1B7R said:
Don't know about you guys, but that crime of 20 for a large pizza should be punished as well, crikey.
I was gonna say, $40 for two pizzas with one shitty topping is un-American.

DanteFox

lol at saying he's poor just because he's a college student.

Soooo many spoiled rich kids that go to college.

edit: nvm he's in the military so he's probably not a spoiled rich kid. Disregard this post!

or not idc.

glad they caught the guy.

numble

hteng said:
cool, then i hope he get to loss more money that way, with the lawyer fees and all. I don't see how he can win in a lawsuit, this is clearly fraud.
He can probably just give the kid $50 and tell him to not press charges.

Trike

Full Recovery said:
He probably didn't even leave a tip.

Well, he didn't get the pizza either. With the police caught him he was waiting for his order.

2urmk5f.jpg

Picture for those who didn't click the link.

It's not the rich guy's fault that the college kid lost his credit card. College boy needs to take care of his stuff better and he wouldn't have this problem.

Plus we all know those millions are already tied up with other things, the man is practically broke.

CygnusXS said:
I'm going to need some confirmation beyond the money in his wallet. I hear this shit all the time from people who obviously are not millionaires.
He's a dentist. Not the flashiest of professions, but they generally seem to do quite well for themselves.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
slidewinder said:
He's a dentist. Not the flashiest of professions, but they generally seem to do quite well for themselves.
He could also be a debt-ridden gambling addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom