• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyazaki Fans: Where is a good place to buy Miyazaki DVDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geogaddi

Banned
I'm sure there are Miyazaki fans in this board, and I'm sure there are those who think he is overrated but still might help me out.

I've been meaning to buy Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke but I can't seem to find a good online store that sells it atleast under $23. Anyone know of a good website that sells Princess Mononoke or any Miyazaki film for that matter? Thanks.

FnordChan

geogaddi said:
I've been meaning to buy Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke but I can't seem to find a good online store that sells it atleast under $23. Anyone know of a good website that sells Princess Mononoke or any Miyazaki film for that matter? Thanks.

Deep Discount DVD has it for $16.74 with free shipping.

FnordChan

FnordChan

adelgary said:
Mononoke sucks. Get Spirited Away instead.

Last I checked, buying Miyazaki wasn't an either/or situation. "Oh, shit, I can only buy one? Um...er...um...can I get a Takahata flick instead?"

FnordChan

FnordChan said:
Last I checked, buying Miyazaki wasn't an either/or situation. "Oh, shit, I can only buy one? Um...er...um...can I get a Takahata flick instead?"

FnordChan

I have them all. I'm just saying if he's buying just one (like his post suggests), I recommend getting Spirited Away over Mononoke.

Get off my case.

FnordChan

adelgary said:
I have them all. I'm just saying if he's buying just one (like his post suggests), I recommend getting Spirited Away over Mononoke.

I'd personally recommend the same, but the question was "Where can I get a good deal on Princess Mononoke?", not, "Hey, can you tell me that Mononoke sucks and offer your opinion on what I should buy?" Sheesh.

FnordChan

FnordChan said:
I'd personally recommend the same, but the question was "Where can I get a good deal on Princess Mononoke?", not, "Hey, can you tell me that Mononoke sucks and offer your opinion on what I should buy?" Sheesh.

FnordChan

Correct. But you already gave him the best deal there is, so no harm in taking the thread elsewhere.

FnordChan

adelgary said:
Correct. But you already gave him the best deal there is, so the thread could only go elsewhere.

Sure. However, there are probably better ways to go about doing so than starting out with, "Hey, you know that film you like? The one you want to buy? It sucks. You should buy this other thing instead."

Christ, I'm starting to feel like Ms. Manners here. Let's just start with a basic assumption that everyone can agree on: all of Miyazaki's flicks kick ass and everyone should own all of them. There, nothing to argue with there.

Geogaddi, in case you weren't aware of this already, three other Miyazaki flicks - Porco Rosso, Nausicaa, and My Neighbor Totoro - are all being released in the US at the end of August. You can probably get a pretty good bundle deal on all three, so keep an eye out at places like Best Buy and whatnot.

FnordChan

border

Does anyone have a listing of the contents of the upcoming Totoro 2-disc set? Who is doing the new English voices?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Since we're on the subject of Miyazaki, I saw the soundtrack for Howl's Moving Castle in Makuhari yesterday. And for some reason, I didn't buy it. Argh! I'm so stupid!

Hopefully it's still there in a few days.

FnordChan

border said:
Does anyone have a listing of the contents of the upcoming Totoro 2-disc set? Who is doing the new English voices?

Here's the dub info, courtesy of nausicaa.net:

"The featured cast for the new English dub of My Neighbor Totoro is:

* Dakota Fanning (I AM SAM) as Satsuki

* Elle Fanning (DADDY DAYCARE) as Mei

* Timothy Daly (WINGS) as Mr. Kusakabe

* Lea Salonga (MISS SAIGON) as Mrs. Kusakabe

* Pat Carroll (THE LITTLE MERMAID) as Granny

Thanks to Don and Cindy Hewitt for the list."

Alas, I can't find any other details off-hand, though I'm sure it'll be the usual grab bag of featurettes and whatnot.

FnordChan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom