• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

LightColossalCardinal.gif

I was at the game and thought the ball had gone out since I was following Snider and not the ball. It wasn't until I saw the replay that I realized he completely borked it.

It's kind of strange how intense the Jays-Orioles rivalry is, considering the Jays haven't been anywhere close to the playoffs in 20 years. It's not like the players today would all be holding on to grudges from the 1993 all-star game or anything, yet they've had bad blood between each other for a few years now.

I was at the game and thought the ball had gone out since I was following Snider and not the ball. It wasn't until I saw the replay that I realized he completely borked it.

On TV, it looked like he had no idea what he was doing out there. There were quite a few balls that he either misplayed or took really bad routes on.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Mets should have kept Ike Davis as a lefty out of the pen lol. Honestly surprised last night was the first time he pitched in a game, seems like the perfect guy to use when you're getting shellacked. Easily decent enough to not drag the game on for an eternity.

aFIGurANT

Nice to see the Cards are right in line w/ last year.

Winning games 4-3, or losing 2-1.

Consistency!
The pitching has been steely as hell just like always. The offense is either much better compared to this time last year or I'm misremembering. Our run diff is close to Mest territory (which is good for a change). This thanks to the lowest RA in MLB at 26. Next closest being Detroit with 41.

Loco4Coco

Mets should have kept Ike Davis as a lefty out of the pen lol. Honestly surprised last night was the first time he pitched in a game, seems like the perfect guy to use when you're getting shellacked. Easily decent enough to not drag the game on for an eternity.

I think he used to pitch in college.

Really sneaky there Sabean. Order your team to look like shit and then when the Dodgers come into town make them actually try. I see your dirty tricks!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bautista is definitely getting plunked tonight

I highly doubt it. That's usually a slow burn. They'll hit him in like July or August when its not obviously retaliatory.

Early, but the Cubs 2-3-4-5 is the best in the league

Rizzo 302/475/395
Soler 327/367/527
Bryant 444/583/611
Castro 352/375/481

We're still in the part of the season where getting 2 base hits raises your average like 20 points. In Bryant's case he could raise his average by like 125 by going 3 for 4.

The pitching has been steely as hell just like always. The offense is either much better compared to this time last year or I'm misremembering. Our run diff is close to Mest territory (which is good for a change). This thanks to the lowest RA in MLB at 26. Next closest being Detroit with 41.
This level of pitching is unsustainable so hopefully the clutch hitting comes around. Not sure how much stock to put into the W/L record or run diff since a chunk of the games have been against the Reds who the Cards apparently own.

Let's talk (again) about what an asshole Brett Lawrie is, since this idiot can't shut his trap.

Brett Lawrie reacts to Herrera suspension.

And the way their fans approached everything, I hated it. The way their fans were antagonizing everything, you know, I got a first-pitch missed curveball up in my head and everyone leaps up in their seat like Bruce Buffer is about to come out. That’s not how we’re doing things.

Shame on their fans for antagonizing everything that went on there, because that had a lot to do with it. Shame on the players and their team that went with it. I’m just glad it’s all over and we’re moving on. We don’t have to see them till June, and we’re just going to continue to go out and continue playing baseball.

The absolute best quote of the whole thing is where Lawrie says, "It's a game, it's not about hurting people." Coming from the only guy who injured someone in the series, that's a mighty fine observation!

I also love that he talked shit at fans during the game. Lawrie, the professional, who states that is "not how we're doing things."
Brett Lawrie the shit talker.

Lawrie might, might, have a point if he didn't ignite this whole shit with a dirty slide at our shortstop's knee, trying to break his leg. Team's don't ignore that garbage and play on, and he knew there would be retaliation. Lawrie's victim mentality is laughable since he started things, and then complains about the outcome. Last I checked, he didn't get injured in the series. You can't say the same about Escobar. Who got suspended again???

This should have been over after he was beaned. Simple baseball unwritten rules. But no. The Athletics, who are a classy organization above this sort of behavior, intentionally beaned Lorenzo Cain. The situation escalated from there. So to recap, bullshit dirty player injures someone. Other team retaliates, and the situation is over. But no, the A's see fit to reignite the war for no reason. And then have the balls to point fingers and play the victim.

I feel like he is working on his wrestler heel status or something, and it's obviously working. His attitude and victim card got me genuinely heated during the series. I will comfort myself with the fact that the Royals took the series, and the Athletics are below the Houston Fucking Astros in the standings.

"We will give you Lawrie and you will give us Donaldson."

Later...

"I can't believe that worked."

Of course there was Graveman and Nolin too.

Askani

Brett Lawrie is an asshole post.

Agreed. The slide was bad enough, but then he lingered on the field and talked shit also after the slide. Then the dugouts got into it. I think that's what put it to another level in the Royals minds. People were holding up that Hal McRae slide, but look at the rest of it. Hal "slid" hard, accepted his out, and got his ass off the field. He didn't stay and instigate more shit and bad feelings and then draw his teammates into it.

His attitude and victim card got me genuinely heated during the series. I will comfort myself with the fact that the Royals took the series, and the Athletics are below the Houston Fucking Astros in the standings.

Compared to Ventura's whining and screaming from behind the protection of Perez, Lawrie looks like a true stand up guy.

And yep, the Royals took 2 out of 3 in an April series. Big ups to them. That's huge.

Being a game and half back of the Astros in 2nd place on April 22nd is truly significant.

Compared to Ventura's whining and screaming from behind the protection of Perez, Lawrie looks like a true stand up guy.

And yep, the Royals took 2 out of 3 in an April series. Big ups to them. That's huge. April 22nd standings are truly significant over the course of the year.

Considering .500 ball from here on out gets them to something like 85 wins, yeah, it's actually kinda significant

They won't be playing ~.775 ball in September but they don't need to if they build up a big lead early

Considering .500 ball from here on out gets them to something like 85 wins, yeah, it's actually kinda significant

They won't be playing ~.775 ball in September but they don't need to if they build up a big lead early

Was referring to the A's being a game and a half back of the Astros... Royals should definitely get a wild card this year. Detroit may run away with things.

Top Bottom