• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

He very obviously should have just had the surgery like everyone else. Even if he gets through this year.

Altchek and Andrews both advised him to just play it out. If he could have had it he'd have already had it.

I give it another month before the strain tears it enough to warrant surgery.

If he was injured, he wouldn't be pitching. He's pitching scared.

He's pitching scared because he's injured.

He knows his stuff isn't breaking right so he's throwing his splitter low in the zone and it's breaking for balls. His FB doesn't have the same break or life, his slider isn't working.

He's injured and it's gotten to his confidence.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Dodgers fans in the home plate box were, once again, forced to wear Diamondbacks gear.

https://twitter.com/Bleeedblue_/status/587391740023177216

How they continue to get away with this shit is beyond me.

I think they did the same in the SF series. 2nd most terrible team in the division to the Doyers, they at least have a WS trophy in the past 25 years (doing it over the uber Yankees team gives them extra credit) to bump them slightly behind LA.

G-Fex

3k6ehDq.gif

Mr.Swag

Banned
Is the Cleavelander at Marlins Park a good time?
Gonna be at my first baseball game next month, groups thinking of going to the bar/club thing.

Also, are the Marlins good? Saw their record and its shit, but maybe they played tough teams.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Is the Cleavelander at Marlins Park a good time?
Gonna be at my first baseball game next month, groups thinking of going to the bar/club thing.

Also, are the Marlins good? Saw their record and its shit, but maybe they played tough teams.

They got swept by the best team in baseball in their opening series, so their record is artificially deflated right now.

Mr.Swag

Banned
They got swept by the best team in baseball in their opening series, so their record is artificially deflated right now.
Alright, thanks.

I been slightly vocal on gaf about my hate for baseball, but maybe live in person it will be a great experience.

First national sports game ill ever attend!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Alright, thanks.

I been slightly vocal on gaf about my hate for baseball, but maybe live in person it will be a great experience.

First national sports game ill ever attend!

Make sure you get a couple hot dog sandwiches with mustard (no ketchup).

TheScore's power rankings have the Tigers at 6 after the first week. Okay, guys.

That is unbelievable. I could maybe see an argument to being number 2 the other unbeaten team the Royals. But even that is a stretch considering the Tigers have annihilated the Twins and Indians to start the season. This team has shades of 84 Bless you Boys.

That is unbelievable. I could maybe see an argument to being number 2 the other unbeaten team the Royals. But even that is a stretch considering the Tigers have annihilated the Twins and Indians to start the season. This team has shades of 84 Bless you Boys.

Nats
Dodgers
Angels
Cards
Jays
Tigers

That's their order, I kid you not.

JoseDFrog

Banned
I'm at a conference missing these games. Good to see the Yankees scored double digit runs. Has Tanaka's arm fallen off yet? When is the surgery scheduled?

Are they going by projected rest of season? Quickly glancing at FanGraphs, Tigers would be 5th overall. Then again, Angels and Jays are way too high if that's the criteria.

Nope. Just current team rankings. Sure, Nats might have the more impressive names overall but the point of power rankings are just a fun way to look at which team is doing the best at this moment.

1) team rankings are typically arbitrary and worthless

2) there's no reason to rely solely on win/loss record to make them since you can just look at the standings page instead

3) it's literally been 5-6 games, which is a drop in the bucket of a marathon season

4) see number one

Henderson Alvarez is expected to be placed on the DL with a shoulder injury. No word on the extent of the injury though.

Edit: It looks like he is going to be placed on the 15 day DL for right shoulder inflammation.

Quixzlizx

Does anyone know whether I can "upgrade" to mlb.tv after ordering MLB audio, or will I have have to pay the full TV price anyway? I want to get audio so I can listen to day games at work, but I'm not sure whether or not I want to pay for TV yet.

Mets hitters making Haraang look like an "Ace".

This also happened last season, when he was with the Braves.

Top Bottom