• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT2| NES Baseball, Best Baseball

rando14

Whose favorite player is Justin Smoak? lol

idqn7gb.gif

How are the Angels competitive with this defence?

Trout and Pujols doing all the work?

Decent starting pitching and basically Trout and Pujols doing all the heavy lifting in July. August has just been brutal for the Angels. Scoscia constantly changing the lineup, bringing up Minor leaguers at inopportune games, etc. That and Trout is cold as ice right now :(

JDeluis

The Dodgers are a freaking embarrassment. I had already accepted they weren't going to come even close to the World Series. Now with a 1.5 game lead I'm going to laugh my ass off when they don't make the playoffs. Yes, yes I know chicken little.

Who's the asshole who made a thread in the OT about free pizza? smh

Most likely Wario64. Put it on Twitter too.

Well, that was a nice way to start a series! Price, Donaldson and Revere were great, the Jays played good defence and owned that game.

I was happy to see the Angels use so many relievers, and that they were able to shut the two big guys down.

Here's hoping it'll be more of the same tomorrow.

I like the Angels, though.

Well, that was a nice way to start a series! Price, Donaldson and Revere were great, the Jays played good defence and owned that game.

I was happy to see the Angels use so many relievers, and that they were able to shut the two big guys down.

Here's hoping it'll be more of the same tomorrow.

I like the Angels, though.

Angels need to start playing for real if they are serious about post season. Offense has been so sluggish and there was just too many rookie mistakes tonight.

Angels are my home town team. I wanna feel the excitement of a playoff push. I wanna see Trout out there melting faces.

Also happy to see the Jays meteoric rise this past month. Gonna be interesting to see how far they make it come October.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-dodgers-cant-afford-their-bullpen-problem/

Meltdowns.png

We have a lot of teams with bad records here — teams that are rebuilding, teams that sold off many of their bullpen pieces during the year, and teams who are far outside the playoff picture. Then we have the Cubs, Dodgers, and Twins. Obviously, Los Angeles is the only team on this list that is leading their division, and that’s not exactly a coincidence; you have to go all the way to the Astros at 17th to find the next division leader. It’s hard to win a lot of games if you have your high-leverage pitchers decreasing the probability of winning by more than 6% very often.

The Cubs also have the third-most Shutdowns in baseball, which tells us that we should probably account for positive performances in relation to those negative performances. With that in mind, let’s look at the ratio of Shutdowns to Meltdowns

SD-MD_Ratio.png

Again, there are only two potential playoff teams on this list, and only the Dodgers are leading their division. Getting just over one-and-a-half positive relief performances per negative one is not what a potential playoff team should be hoping for, but it’s currently what the Dodgers have gotten this season. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the playoff-hungry Blue Jays while we’re here, but their steps toward remedying some of their late-inning pitching issues was well documented last week.

Now we know the Dodgers bullpen has been prone to melting down. And, as it turns out, when they meltdown, they generally do so in a big way — and often during the clutch: the Dodgers are currently second-worst in the majors in total bullpen Win Probability Added (with -4.09), second only to the Athletics. Considering the A’s have had a historically bad year pitching in high-leverage situations (their total bullpen WPA is -7.07, which would be the fourth-lowest mark of any team since 2000), this sort of company is not the type a team wants to keep.

Choomp

Banned
The Mets better not blow this division. The Nats are below .500, they rest of the division is basically handing it to them

What's wrong with an OT thread about free pizza?

Because no one in America would attempt to get the free pizza, which is also the subject of major national ad and PR statements when available, if GAF didn't have an OT about it.

Or he's concerned about Boston Pizza Guy going on another pizza throwing rampage. Best to be safe.

Top Bottom