• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Bringing in Bobby V to Change Our Culture |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Snippet from a story at MLB.com:

Rawlings recently approached [Josh] Thole, [R.A.] Dickey and Mike Nickeas for advice on a prototype of a dedicated knuckleball mitt
That's some serious influence Dickey is having.

I'm still trying to find out how Sandoval beat Wright by that many votes, despite Wright having better peripherals across the board and oh, Wright has played 76 games to Sandovals's 45.

AldersonVampires.png

I'm still trying to find out how Sandoval beat Wright by that many votes, despite Wright having better peripherals across the board and oh, Wright has played 76 games to Sandovals's 45.

[IM]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/811320/AldersonVampires.png[/IMG]

Hacking. Not joking.

McNei1y

I'm confused how Ruiz didn't get the start at Catcher either. Same with Wright not starting over Panda. I do hate the voting system but what are you gonna do.

I'm confused how Ruiz didn't get the start at Catcher either. Same with Wright not starting over Panda. I do hate the voting system but what are you gonna do.
... Vote some scrub to the team next year?

Fuck it, I'm serious. NeoGAF needs to organize a campaign to vote 1 scrub in each league to the ASG. The only way to expose how flawed the system is is to show just how broken it is.

I say next year we vote the worst players WAR-wise to the team, I say Brooks Conrad and Yuniesky Betancourt.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Ooo i think your on to something Frankman. We could probably get all of GAF in on it too.

AldersonVampires.png
Vampires destroyed Met fans internet connections, making them unable to vote.

It's too bad we can't do it with a full team's worth of ballots, MLB would snuff that out real quick. The funny thing is we can probably legit vote on a number of shitty players because they'd already be on the ballot. How many scrubs you you people think we can write-in per league? 1 or 2?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Write ins would be difficult since it would be mostly us voting for him. The leaders usually get a few million at the minimum. 2 mil / 25 is 80k. Maybe if it was on the front page of reddit...

Write ins would be difficult since it would be mostly us voting for him. The leaders usually get a few million at the minimum. 2 mil / 25 is 80k. Maybe if it was on the front page of reddit...
Yeah, we're going to have to use social media to get Internet support for the write-in guys.

Well guys, you know what to do. I got my blog. Windu got his. Cajole (DAMMIT START POSTING) got his and Twitter. I need to see Jeff Francoeur in an All-Star game plz.

clav

A bit far from now. Has the USA Olympics baseball team roster been revealed?

I remember the team usually just consists a bunch of minors and a few majors.

edit: Looks like baseball is no longer a sport for the event.

Blearth

Banned

[/QUOTE]

The same way Wright beat Sandoval in 09 despite the Panda having a much better season.

Baseball was kicked off the Olympics in 2004 because countries weren't using their best players. It was the inspiration for the World Baseball Classic that started in 2006.

You know, the Braves could really have used Matt Harrison and Neftali Feliz this year.

Yep. Then they could have two pitchers on the DL with blown out elbows!

McNei1y

Dammit, EA should just come out and announce that they're making a MVP game next year. I want to know that I'll be able to play a [good] baseball game on Xbox next year.

Dammit, EA should just come out and announce that they're making a MVP game next year. I want to know that I'll be able to play a [good] baseball game on Xbox next year.

A lot of EA's MVP team went to Sony San Diego to work on The Show. I don't think they're going to be quick to get back in.

eznark

Banned

You can drop the "xbox" modifier. This year there were no good baseball games for any platform.

The Cardinals announced today that Chris Carpenter will be having season-ending surgery on his shoulder.

The Athletics just DFA'd Brian Fuentes.

The Red Sox have released Bobby Jenks.

Yep. Chipper's on the All-Star team. He's officially replacing Matt Kemp, who will not play.

This pretty much means Bryce Harper is going to blow away the NL Final Vote, which really sucks because Michael Bourn and Aaron Hill are more deserving. Hill got fucked on that "every team has to have a player" rule, so La Russa picked Jose Altuve of Houston instead of Hill. Altuve is good, but Hill is better.

eznark

Banned
And you were sweating about it....Kemvp says you're welcome

I wasn't sweating about it, I'm annoyed by it. I don't want him to play.

Kemp is saying "you're welcome" for all those terribly embarrassing misplays he had earlier this year that gifted the Brewers wins. Hardly MVP material.

I wasn't sweating about it, I'm annoyed by it. I don't want him to play.

Kemp is saying "you're welcome" for all those terribly embarrassing misplays he had earlier this year that gifted the Brewers wins. Hardly MVP material.

So if I'm looking at this right Kemp has 1 error compared to Braun's 4?

eznark

Banned
So if I'm looking at this right Kemp has 1 error compared to Braun's 4?

Lol at outfield errors. He made a couple of piss poor throws and completely misplayed two balls in four separate games to give them to Milwaukee. It was glorious. But...outfielders basically have to murder someone to get charged with an error.

And comparing Kemp to one of the worst fielders in the game helps you how?

Lol at outfield errors. He made a couple of piss poor throws and completely misplayed two balls in four separate games to give them to Milwaukee. It was glorious. But...outfielders basically have to murder someone to get charged with an error.

And comparing Kemp to one of the worst fielders in the game helps you how?

Just backing up our teams MVP. No need to be salty. Just been awhile since he's been out there. First game of rehab is tonight. So amp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom