• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

metsfanpissed.gif

aFIGurANT

tampa bay loses their game and that guy is going to be half of baseball fans in the country.

the other half are the one on the left at this point...

rekameohs

Banned
Nice to see for Scott Hairston. I always liked the guy.

Collmenter's been officially demoted from the rotation, so Monday will probably be the debut of either Tyler Skaggs or Patrick Corbin. Either way, with them two and Joe Saunders' revival, I'm really liking that Dan Haren trade in hindsight.

clav

Nice to see for Scott Hairston. I always liked the guy.

Collmenter's been officially demoted from the rotation, so Monday will probably be the debut of either Tyler Skaggs or Patrick Corbin. Either way, with them two and Joe Saunders' revival, I'm really liking that Dan Haren trade in hindsight.

Probably Trevor Bauer over Tyler Skaggs since Bauer is Arizona's top prospect.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the NL Central sure is a joke division.

For real, usually there's at least one other team trying to start some trash talk with the Cardinals. I say give it a month and we'll start to see some team get a little streak going and then some prominent member of said team will start a dumb little Twitter trash talk campaign.

McNei1y

Seen that at the Gym. I thought for sure that was fair. That has to be as close to a home run as you can get without it being called a home run.

Yeah its such a slap in the face. I was sort of accepting the fact that we'd lose the game 3-2 but after seeing that and jumping up in my seat in excitement, I got so frustrated! lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Remember last year in October, when the rays blew the fuck out of the rangers in the first game of the ALDS? Those were some pretty good times bro

Bro this year is different. Carlos Pena is back. And asshole Luke Scott will hit tons of asshole home runs against you guys.

Sanjuro

Its a classic.
zOgN1.jpg

The Mets will pay him 25 equal payments of $1,193,248.20 every July 1 from 2011 until 2035, assuming an annual interest rate of 8% during the period 2011–2035.

The Mets will pay him 25 equal payments of $1,193,248.20 every July 1 from 2011 until 2035, assuming an annual interest rate of 8% during the period 2011–2035.

Thank you for leaving Estrada in to bat with the bases loaded, Roenicke.

And I thought the whole time value of money thing makes deferred payments the better option for the team. LOL Mest aside.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If you are counting on Carlos Pena and Luke Scott to be your offensive saviors, then I .... don't know what to tell you.

Sorry we can't afford to throw a gajillion bucks at guys like the Rangers do.

Both Pena and Scott were smart signings. Rays could use another right handed bat but it'll work itself out.

Fun fact of the day: Currently there are 240 players in the Majors with more home runs than Albert Pujols this season.
I'll give it until July before admitting I was wrong about Albert having more left in the tank. Piss poor plate discipline aside, the stats say he's been hitting into a lot of bad luck.

McNei1y

Fun fact of the day: Currently there are 240 players in the Majors with more home runs than Albert Pujols this season.

I like funny stats like this.

As a Nats fan, though, I can't be quick to judge. Morse was having the worst April last year. Then in May and on he completely raked. And this is Pujols we talkin bout!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom