• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Give this man a job at third base and give him #5 for fucksake.

R1U3L.jpg

jman2050

There is no way in hell anyone in the Yankees organization said "Montero could stick at catcher" with a straight face.

Fortunately the dude can hit.

Ilive1up

why in the hell did terry leave him in there?

dude is pressing his luck with this garbage pitcher.

3-1 count, runner on second...put him on first. shit.

why in the hell did terry leave him in there?

dude is pressing his luck with this garbage pitcher.

3-1 count, runner on second...put him on first. shit.
It's all upstairs with Acosta. That's why I thought he's ok as a long reliever. You're either ahead big or behind big there, dude shrinks if he feels pressure. TC keeps doing this "challenge" stuff and Acosta keeps failing.

Sharp

Well yeah, it's the Brewers. They swing at everything. I struggle to find positives in run-an-inning outings.
I've only watched the last couple of innings (including the bomb) but he seems to be locating his pitches pretty well and getting good results with it. Maybe he looked assy earlier, I don't know, but the only really bad pitch I saw him make was the one Braun tried to hit over the roof.
8 strikeouts. 2 from the pitcher, 2 from Nyjer Morgan, 1 from Alex Gonzalez. That's less impressive.
Nyjer actually doesn't (didn't?) strike out that much. The others though, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom