• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always confused by this: Are you not allowed to intentionally walk someone when there is a man on first? Why would Harper matter if they wanted to walk Murphy?

Problem is, the Nationals had runners on 2nd & 3rd base. If someone from the Nats were to make a base hit, the Nats would score again.

It was pretty smart of them to let someone intentionally walk, & to make the bases loaded so that they can get the last out much easier.

Problem is, the Nationals had runners on 2nd & 3rd base. If someone from the Nats were to make a base hit, the Nats will score again.

It was pretty smart of them to let them intentionally walk, & to make the bases loaded so that they can get the last out much easier.

I get that, I just mean the way Harold and other "analysts" often phrase it you would think you can only IBB if you have 1st base open. Like, even if Harper had stayed on first the smart play is still to walk Murphy.

Problem is, the Nationals had runners on 2nd & 3rd base. If someone from the Nats were to make a base hit, the Nats will score again.

It was pretty smart of them to let someone intentionally walk, & to make the bases loaded so that they can get the last out much easier.

he wasn't really asking, he was wondering why people pretend like it matters. harold is implying that the steal is somehow bad for the nationals. if it were bad for the nationals, then the dodgers would have done it anyways.

murphy would have been walked no matter what

maybe don't take your cy young candidate out at 99 pitches if it means you might have to use oliver fucking perez as early as the 8th inning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom