• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I think if it was called safe on the field he'd be safe, but I don't think there's indisputable evidence to overturn that.

Exactly. There was no replay that showed the whole glove the whole time and the hand. If the glove brushed the arm before hitting the chin he was out... no replay showed that completely.. they can't overturn.

I still think he was safe.. but the replay rules need to change.

JambiBum

Exactly. There was no replay that showed the whole glove the whole time and the hand. If the glove brushed the arm before hitting the chin he was out... no replay showed that completely.. they can't overturn.

I still think he was safe.. but the replay rules need to change.

How do you change them? It works the same way in every sport. There has to be irrefutable evidence in the replay to over turn a call. If it's close in a slow motion replay then the call stands because there isn't enough evidence. Granted this play was super close and I agree that if it was called safe on the field it probably doesn't get over turned either.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
How do you change them? It works the same way in every sport. There has to be irrefutable evidence in the replay to over turn a call. If it's close in a slow motion replay then the call stands because there isn't enough evidence. Granted this play was super close and I agree that if it was called safe on the field it probably doesn't get over turned either.

Don't change them.. get the fuck rid of them.

I'm ok with HR calls being reviewed if need be, but nothing else. Baseball has pacing issues already, and this is a pace killer.

BTW, I want the NFL to get of replays too.

Mrbob

Oh god Heyward is up. Rally crusher.

Ok can we play Contreras every game Lester isn't pitching? He has hit in limited opportunities in this postseason

At least he'll play every day next year. Arietta likes Miggy however at this point I don't think Maddon can keep him out.

Oh god Heyward is up. Rally crusher.

At least he'll play every day next year. Arietta likes Miggy however at this point I don't think Maddon can keep him out.

Arietta hasn't been good enough to get a personal catcher. We need runs. I like Miggy as a backup.

Mrbob

Omg Heyward you actually put the bat on the ball.

Oh and lol at the announcer praise Heyward is getting for a ground ball out rbi. That's how bad he is.

Arietta hasn't been good enough to get a personal catcher. We need runs. I like Miggy as a backup.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom