• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gonna be out for a dinner tonight without access to the game. Hopefully I'll have a phone signal at least.

After extra innings, we need Moore in almost-no-hitter-CG mode.

I tried to stay up. Woke up on my couch at some unholy hour with some remarkably perky sports anchor cheerily recounting the Giants win. EYBS lives on.

Props to Billy Beane and the A's organization for doing right by the player and getting Coco to Cleveland. They really got nothing back and there was no good baseball reason for the move really, but it was the right thing for Coco. Good to see it work out.

JDeluis

"The Boy Wonder" Urias starts today's game and Hill will serve as backup if he can't get through enough innings (Hill already acknowledged he is willing to go on short rest today).

And if Gonzalez and Grandal are able to put a ball in play, Kershaw will go in Game 5.

The only thing worse than Ortiz being gone is getting fucked over by Tito, Coco, and Andrew Miller. All Red Sox of Christmas Past

Half surprised Jason Bay or Alex Cora didn't run out there and a get a hack in.

Was at the Giants game last night, second favorite game I've ever been to(I was at NLCS Game 7 in 2012). Cubs fans travel well, there were a ton of Cubbies fans, enough to start several "Lets Go Cubbies!" chants throughout the game.

I really really hope last night broke Chapman. If that kills his confidence then I like the Giants chances to get this to a game 5.

Meier

Season on the line, you have to give the ball to one of the best to ever do it. It's a no-brainer. Urias for game 5 is a possibility but I assume we'd opt for Hill.

JDeluis

Season on the line, you have to give the ball to one of the best to ever do it. It's a no-brainer. Urias for game 5 is a possibility but I assume we'd opt for Hill.

We know for sure the Kershaw will step up, but the offense (except Turner and Seager) has been in hibernation since they won the division.

I also think Roberts screwed up also by not having Segadin on the playoff roster. He was a great scrappy player. Ethier and Culbersom was a bad choice

Beckx

You have to win two, though. Starting Kersh today hurts your chances to do that b/c he won't be as rested, you'll use a lot of other arms, and then game 5 will be patchwork. Put forth the best you can today and put it in a position for Kershaw to win it Thurs

(Saw this explanation on baseballprospectus or 538 twitter, rings true to me)

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Arizona Fall League starts today, and Tim Tebow is in LF, batting 7th, for the Scottsdale Scorpions.

(Tebow has no business being in the AFL.)

ElNino

You have to win two, though. Starting Kersh today hurts your chances to do that b/c he won't be as rested, you'll use a lot of other arms, and then game 5 will be patchwork. Put forth the best you can today and put it in a position for Kershaw to win it Thurs

(Saw this explanation on baseballprospectus or 538 twitter, rings true to me)
I agree, this isn't like not using Britton in a one-game series or non-save situation. Saving Kershaw for a potential game five wouldn't be terrible as they need to plan on winning both. Not leaving so many runners on base would also be a good plan.

I forgot the Indians have Andrew Miller. That's worrying.

lol the worse thing anyone can do is underestimate the Tribe. I remember one of you saying earlier in the year we'd be an easy out in the Divisional series to whomever we'd play :p

Not to mention the season series between the two clubs was very competitive, with the 19 inning game, and you giving us the great gift of the Tyler Naquin inside the park walk off homerun :)

Oh, and there's a good chance we get Salazar back for the series in some capacity :)

Going to be an exciting series for sure.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You know, this is really pretty gross:

ngvgabmcmvxnobyhelpr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom