• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

thefro

He's such a BS'er when it comes to any criticism about the product. Dana's such a weird ass guy, he's like Rampage in a way, he's right about 50% of the time, and then the other half he's so batshit you want to choke him.

I don't know if Meltzer was stupid enough to claim the sport is dying or something like that, but if he was he's off base.

He wasn't... Dana just skimmed part of the article and flipped out on Meltzer.

Meltzer basically said that if UFC didn't do better ratings the next couple times on Fox their network deal might be in trouble.

TheNatural

My Member!
He wasn't... Dana just skimmed part of the article and flipped out on Meltzer.

Meltzer basically said that if UFC didn't do better ratings the next couple times on Fox their network deal might be in trouble.

Does FOX have an out clause? I imagine they would have to pay a buyout.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The answers to all questions you ever had all lie here. How are crop circles made? Why do raccoons look like furry ninjas? Is it really possible to get a football stuck there? Click friends, get learned.

Sometimes I want to cut Joe Silva some slack because he has a lot of things to juggle and the intended match up doesn't always come to fruition. This isn't one of those times. Griggs vs. Mr. Wonderful is awful booking.

Give me Griggs vs. Nedkov.

Give me Griggs vs. Teixeira.

Hell give me Griggs vs. Bonnar.

I like the way you think. Even Griggs vs Kingsbu would be a barn burner. Yeah weird division change and even weirder match up.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
So I'll be the only one watching this fight card that will most likely be more entertaining than UFC 145?

It's whatever.

My computer is too old and slow to run Diablo 3 :( :(

UFUEL3_600X240_JPG.jpg

Main Card on Fuel TV (Starts at 5pm PT / 8pm ET)

Featherweight: Dustin Poirier vs. Chan Sung Jung
Welterweight: Jorge Lopez vs. Amir Sadollah
Lightweight: Donald Cerrone vs. Jeremy Stephens
Bantamweight: Jeff Hougland vs. Yves Jabouin
Light Heavyweight: Fabio Maldonado vs. Igor Pokrajac
Middleweight: Tom Lawlor vs. Jason MacDonald
Lightweight: Marcus LeVesseur vs. Cody McKenzie

Prelim Card Streaming Live on the UFC's Facebook Page (Account Required but it's free, Gr1mlock, so you have no excuse) (Starts at 2pm PT / 5pm ET)

Middleweight: Brad Tavares vs. Dongi Yang
Lightweight: T.J. Grant vs. Carlo Prater
Lightweight: Rafael Dos Anjos vs. Kamal Shalorus
Bantamweight: Jeff Curran vs. Johnny Eduardo
Bantamweight: Francisco Rivera vs. Alex Soto

Join me in Nerd Chat just before the first prelim.
I totally forgot there was an Ultimate today until this post.

I'll watch the prelims but not the main card since I'll leave to go watch the playoffs instead. Those prelims actually look like they'll be entertaining and not soul crushing bad mma like the usual ppv prelims.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/he3t06

Braulio Estima direct response to Cesar on twitter.

@CesarGracieBJJ Hi César i was reading yr statement. vry interesting points..
1st- When junior approached me 2 Offer me the fight I was actually training at the blackzilians at the time so obviously I was training Mma. Junior told me abt nick not wanting 2 fight an Mma fighter. I nevr fought before so he said it was fine & y u dnt cancel the fight before if ths was really an issue..??
2nd- nobody has ever bended no rules for me. Because there was no rules set to start off with, it wasnt going to be a UFC match but a superfight on a BJJ Expo so the whole point here was for us to show a fight..has Nick signed a contract that stated the date time and weight that we both need to reach? I didn't. And since this whole thing was going to be a friendly event I really don't see any issue here even if Nick turned up 10lbs overweight. Still when asked I went and dropped the weight to meet the requirement. Actually to put things straight it was myself that called Junior around 10pm Friday to check if there is going to be a weigh in at all. He kept contacting you and got back to me saying I need to be 180 that time, of course I said I can't for the simple reason I was away in Irvine and it was already late at night but I said sure no problem I'll make it first thing in the morning if needed, even if it would put me in a bigger disadvantage I didnt care I just came to fight. Junior had actually called me back no later than midnight that he spoke to you and confirmed the weigh in for 10am.
Besides when did Nick actually weigh in? And who witnessed that if we are being so strict and proffessional?
3rd - you are saying Nick had left by 10am Saturday morning? Why you never said anything then? I even asked you I'd like to see him and his weight and you said he's not gonna come down because he ate already and wouldn't make the weight anymore. And Lana after speaking to you called his room and said he was actually there sleeping. Nobody at any point had mentioned he could have left. Leaving me believing we would fight till the very last minute, now youre talking about lack of proffesionalism in the organisation of the superfight and this was very professional behaviour right?

There is many more points here that I don't agree with but I am just fed up of this whole situation and don't agree for anyone to ever release the blame from Nick for whatever reason, we were there to fight and that's what should happen no excuses, we are both professional athletes and should respect one another no matter what. And this is inexcusable.

Whatever happened, if Nick decided that morning not to fight he should have said something as a courtesy to the fans. I almost paid $10 to watch him get choked out. Luckily I overslept.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Woe is me friends. My already dying pc has decided it wants none of this diablo business. I was planning on building a new box this weekend. Looks like now im going to have to.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Man the official legit stream for Argentina is dead. Anyone has an alternative?
EDIT: Wow Fabricio Werdum spanish is top notch!

dabig2

Fantastic fight there. Would've been a stronger end to the program if they didn't fuck up the co-main event. Should've been Cerrone-Stephens leading into the Korean Zombie/Porier fight.

Top Bottom