• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting (iOS) |OT| of Infinity Blade w/Dinosaurs*

john tv

*Not

Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting is out today for iPhone:

20hliy8.jpg

** VIDEO **

Gameplay video (previously posted)

Launch trailer (new 6/1)

** SCREENS **

2h4du0j.jpg

2132448381_full.jpg

dcq6vn.jpg

Tons more here: http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/06/01/monhan_dynamic_hunting_screens/

** HOMEPAGE(S) **

English: http://www.capcom.co.jp/iphone/mhdh_en/index.html

Japanese: http://www.capcom.co.jp/iphone/mhdh_jp/index.html

** INFOS ** (from andriasang.com):

andriasang.com said:
Dynamic Hunting includes three weapon types and a total of 40 weapon variations that can be created by collecting materials from fallen monsters. The game is stage-based, with players facing off against a single beast in each stage. Two players can team up for cooperative play via Bluetooth.

andriasang.com said:
Capcom is readying an iPhone entry in the Japan-beating Monster Hunter series. Titled Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting, the game will see release in June.

Dynamic Hunting puts you in one on one battles against the well known beasts from the series. Using one and two finger touch controls, you'll attack, evade and defend against the beast.

You move your character by sliding in the direction you want to go and attack by tapping the screen. To evade and defend, you tap the screen with two fingers. You can evade by sliding with two fingers. To use items, you tap the item icons on the lower right of the screen.

Anyone grab it yet? (Is it even on the store yet? Capcom's pages have links, but they're not working for me yet.)

Anyway, looking forward to impressions!

mutsu

Pretty sure it's out in the Japan App Store, but it looks so laughably bad that I have no intention of getting it whatsoever.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This game has graphics worse then the what the 3DS can put out, so therefore all iOS games must look like this! The platform is worthless!
er....wait...

Looks like a pretty crappy game overall, TBH

animlboogy said:
Nice, another shitty version of a console series for fanboys to bring up whenever someone has the gall to claim iPhone games can be good.
This is capcom they are new to hand helds..... Oh wait

markatisu

Its too bad they did not want to invest any real money into it, even if it was on rails or had the same gameplay as IB that should make getting HD assets used even easier

Might give it a buy just to see how bad it is

Ridley327

markatisu said:
Its too bad they did not want to invest any real money into it, even if it was on rails or had the same gameplay as IB that should make getting HD assets used even easier

Might give it a buy just to see how bad it is

That's the opposite of what you should be doing!

I know Yian Kut Ku is the Dan of Monster Hunter, but surely he deserves better than looking like...that!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
animlboogy said:
Nice, another shitty version of a console series for fanboys to bring up whenever someone has the gall to claim iPhone games can be good.

Hey, GTA Chinatown Wars wasn't too bad. I think if developers put in some REAL effort, iPhone/Android games can be somewhat good. Not on the level of handheld/console/PC gaming, of course, but a good time-waste beyond the Tetris pack-in on your phone.

Zim

Is it going to be a graphical spectaular?
Nope!

Is it going to be as deep as the previous titles??
Hell no!!

Is it still going to be fun to kick the crap out of Khezu???
Oooooooooh yeah!!!!!!!!

Counting down the minutes until it shows up on US store. Cant wait!

Alrus

I don't know why Capcom doesn't put even the slightest effort in their iPhone games. They all look so awful :/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Awful.... :-/
If you own Infinity Blade there is no reason to get this game i would assume. Right ?

Luigiv

Hmm, 6 AUD... I'll have to think about it.

cw_sasuke said:
Awful.... :-/
If you own Infinity Blade there is no reason to get this game i would assume. Right ?
Well the controls look a fuck tonne better then Infinity Blade's so that's worth something.
Seriously, Infinity Blade's controls are awful.

Ristlager

Just finshed the game (12 stages), bit short, but there is good value in trying to better your score and unlock and make the different armor and weapons (unlocked perhaps 20% of the content so far) The controlls are good and gameplay overall is very fun. One of the better games in my iphone. The battles are more fun than infinity blade, as they get more frantic and there is much more you can do. You can walk all directions, dodge/roll and counter. Highly recommended. Will be investing a lot of time getting better equipment. And there will probably be upgrades later which will include the nastier dragons.

Graphics are good by the way.

Apparently they didn't bother consulting with the localization team for any of the promotional materials... including the explanation on the app store. :p

SmokyDave

Grabbed a copy. I'm no fan of the psp title but, oddly, I want to support Capcom on iOS. I'll post some impressions once I've played it. Screenshots look awful.

NEO0MJ

TheSeks said:
Hey, GTA Chinatown Wars wasn't too bad. I think if developers put in some REAL effort, iPhone/Android games can be somewhat good. Not on the level of handheld/console/PC gaming, of course, but a good time-waste beyond the Tetris pack-in on your phone.

But Chinatown wars was originally a DS game.

TheSeks said:

I personally love most of what EA is doing. From Max and the Magic Marker to Battlefield and Mirror's Edge, they make games that are unique to the platform, control well, look great and are fun.

Alrus said:
I don't know why Capcom doesn't put even the slightest effort in their iPhone games. They all look so awful :/

:( I was so excited for this at first but it looks like such a joke. I really think they went the wrong way with this one. Won't get my monies.

RelentlessRolento said:
I need more impressions :-/

i'd say "infinity blade with dinosaurs" is about right.

though i'd extend that to "infinity blade with dinosaurs, a more appealing art style and greater sense of involvement due to the ability to move, albeit with less dynamic combat, worse graphics and much fewer equipment options, but dinosaurs anyway"

i've already had more fun with it than anything else i can remember capcom putting out on iphone.

Skilletor

Luigiv said:
Well the controls look a fuck tonne better then Infinity Blade's so that's worth something.
Seriously, Infinity Blade's controls are awful.

What are so horrible about Infinity Blade's controls? I thought them perfect for the type of game it is.

Top Bottom