• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

more OutRun2 SP screenies

xexex

Banned
677_0001.jpg

677_0002.jpg

677_0003.jpg

677_0004.jpg

677_0005.jpg

677_0006.jpg

677_0007.jpg

677_0008.jpg

677_0009.jpg

if pics arent working, use linky
http://www.xboxyde.com/gallery_757_en.html

yummmmmmmmmy

Shinobi

That looks gorgeous. Hoping for a home version would probably be asking a bit much, but I won't let that stop me.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm starting to think more and more that this one is headed to the PS2....or at the very least that it was made with the PS2 in mind. If you compare this game with the original one thing that stands out is that this one doesn't have anywhere near the draw distance. There are all sorts of obstacles such as buildings, trees, mt fuji (seen in other pics) that limit the FOV. Even when there isn't as much stuff in the way like in the picture below you can see that the groud is totally flat and you can't see anything beyond the horizon. In the first one you'd most likely see hills in the distance.

677_0007.jpg

I have Burnout 3. Is Outrun 2 worth it? How is the replay value? How is the control. The game looks nice but also looks like it is as dry as a box of Premium Plus crackers.

Lhadatt

Warm Machine said:
I have Burnout 3. Is Outrun 2 worth it? How is the replay value? How is the control. The game looks nice but also looks like it is as dry as a box of Premium Plus crackers.
I suggest you rent it. Ever play a Sega arcade racer, like Daytona, Sega Rally, Scud Race/Sega GT, etc? Outrun's gameplay helped spawn all of those games. It's a straightforward arcade game -- you race to the finish line. There's no fancy stuff like crashing the best, pushing people off the road, evading the cops, etc. It's all about getting to the finish line first and before the time runs out.

That said, there's alot to like, if you can deal with the "lack" of stuff alot of recent games have. The graphics are beautiful, the tracks are well-designed, and racing against other people in Live is really fun. This is a chill-out game -- it's not too complicated, yet there's enough depth to keep you from going to sleep.

Bebpo

Banned
JC10001 said:
I'm starting to think more and more that this one is headed to the PS2....or at the very least that it was made with the PS2 in mind. If you compare this game with the original one thing that stands out is that this one doesn't have anywhere near the draw distance. There are all sorts of obstacles such as buildings, trees, mt fuji (seen in other pics) that limit the FOV. Even when there isn't as much stuff in the way like in the picture below you can see that the groud is totally flat and you can't see anything beyond the horizon. In the first one you'd most likely see hills in the distance.

677_0007.jpg

Or putting it in the Japanese xbox version and hiding it as downloadable content for a certain period of time only to rease later. I mean there has to be some reason why the Jpn version is coming out 4 months later.

xexex

Banned
no way is SP going to PS2. lol. the PS2 already has its OutRun. the 3D Ages remake of the original.

SP is going to Xbox or staying in the arcades.

JC10001 said:

Good grief some of the ridiculous theories you people come up with are nothing short of mindblowing. :lol

So, based on A FEW SCREENSHOTS, AM2 made a semi-sequel to Outrun 2, ON CHIHIRO (which is basically an Xbox), Using probably the exact same engine, with the intent of designing the courses so they could shoehorn them into a PS2 port, when they already have a perfect version of the original Outrun 2 released for Xbox. Yeah.

Top Bottom