• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morricone to Release Album Featuring New Recordings of Classic Themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

The tracklist

1. The Man with the Harmonica (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
2. The Fortress (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
3. The Good the Bad and the Ugly – Main theme (from the film)
4. Jill’s Theme (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
5. A Fistful of Dynamite (from the film with the same name)
6. The Ecstasy of Gold (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
7. Gabriel’s Oboe (from The Mission)
8. Falls (from The Mission)
9. On Earth as it is in Heaven (from The Mission)
10. Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
11. Abolisson (from Quemada)
12. Chi Mai
13. H2S
14. Metti una Sera a Cena (from the film)
15. Croce d’Amore (from Metti una Sera a Cena)
16. Deborah’s Theme (from Once Upon a Time in America)
17. Stage Coach to Red Rock (from The Hateful Eight)
18. Bestiality (from The Hateful Eight)

Background info

The composer has signed a new record deal with Decca Records and the first album to be released is Morricone 60, which celebrates his six decades of work. Featuring a selection of new recordings with Czech National Symphony Orchestra, it includes themes from his Sergio Leone films, The Mission, Cinema Paradiso, and more, as well as his recent Oscar-winning work.

“After the success of The Hateful Eight score, I’m delighted to be returning to Decca with my own record deal – an extraordinary moment in my 60th professional anniversary year,” Morricone said. “It’s been a wonderful experience to be able to conduct my scores and to record these with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra. The quality of their performance of my work is truly outstanding.”

More here

https://thefilmstage.com/news/ennio...m-featuring-new-recordings-of-classic-themes/

Lock if old

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
6. The Ecstasy of Gold (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
First thing I looked for on the list. Good.

Blue Lou

I thought he didn't like working on The Hateful Eight. It seems surprising that he'd want to re-record more material because of it.

Ridley327

I thought he didn't like working on The Hateful Eight. It seems surprising that he'd want to re-record more material because of it.

You might be conflating that with the choice words he had for Tarantino when he used one of his tracks in Django Unchained that he quickly recanted.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Hoped for a re-recording of Here's to You, even if 75-yo Baez probably really can't do it anymore.

EGM1966

I'll be buying that. Missed him live on London much to my annoyance so this will serve as consolation prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom