• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: Deception gameplay videos!

evil ways

Jesus H. Quintana man, does anybody esle get desperate and pissed off whenever they post gameplay footage of a game and the people playing it show the skill of a can of corn?

It's like watching one of my younger cousins play Shenmue or some other game and watch them run around the place like a headless chicken, not advancing or making any progress in the game. Makes me want to rip the controller off their hands.

Gattsu25

Banned
evil ways said:
Jesus H. Quintana man, does anybody esle get desperate and pissed off whenever they post gameplay footage of a game and the people playing it show the skill of a can of corn?

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN AN INSIDER ACCOUNT, STAT!

Edit:

Thinking of this reminds me of Itagaki showing off DOA3 to press before its release. An MS rep was chosen to get his ass whupped by Itagaki and he started saying how he never played a fighting game in his life and would just be pressing random buttons which is why he's going to loose so badly...he then proceeded to kick Itagaki's ass with around 80% health remaining at the end of the round...his look of amazment and Itagaki's following camera shyness were hilarious

Ed Boon is playing as Scorpion and even he doesn't know how to pull off a Fatality? Jesus...

Well it's nice to see the character designs continue to slide downhill. Though nothing will beat how Sub Zero, a member of a Chinese ninja clan turned out to be a white guy in part 3.

Though it seems no matter what, Scorpion is still a pretty compelling character. I like his using of the spear to get himself up before the next round.

MoxManiac

Good god, the loading times are atrocious. I sure hope that's the PS2 version, and that the Xbox version will load much faster.

Game looks kinda cool, though.

Ronin

Gattsu25 said:
Thinking of this reminds me of Itagaki showing off DOA3 to press before its release. An MS rep was chosen to get his ass whupped by Itagaki and he started saying how he never played a fighting game in his life and would just be pressing random buttons which is why he's going to loose so badly...he then proceeded to kick Itagaki's ass with around 80% health remaining at the end of the round...his look of amazment and Itagaki's following camera shyness were hilarious
I wanna see that. :(

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Which version are they playing, the PS2 version or Xbox version?

yoshifumi

Banned
Gattsu25 said:

Edit:

hahahahahahahahaha

Anyanka

Scorpion is Ed's favorite character too.

I can think of a bunch of examples of Ed and others on that team being completely clueless about their own game. Like at E3 2002 someone asked him if Frost was Sub-Zero's sister and he was just totally stumped.

Ronabo

clipunderground said:
Is it just me or does this game remind you of the goodness that was MK2?!!

MK: Deception looks HOT!

Oh yeah!

Also Kobra reminds me of Street Fighter's Ryu.

Gattsu25 said:

Edit:

Anyone ever see that vid of the best Virtua Fighter in Japan from years ago, around the time of part 2, getting totally schooled by Jackie Chan?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Gattsu25 said:

Edit:

You're probably thinking about Seamus Blackley but it sure as hell wasn't his first time with a fighting game.

Top Bottom