• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: Deception Kollector's Edition

NotMSRP

I like the Scorpion cover the best. Subzero is my favorite of those characters but he looks too much like Shredder. So Scorpion it is.

Brofist

Anyanka said:
God, I hope UMK3 is hidden in MAT2.

Yeah it will be, you'll be able to unlock it with a code....that just happens to be the same as your credit card number. Just tell the code to the guy at EB and it's all yours.

Retailers HATE this shit. Now they have to buy extra copies and get the right distribution of covers to make the customers happy. It inflates their inventory and makes reordering a bitch. It's a gimmick that will probably work for consumers and may well result in substantial increase initially for Midway, but what if one cover is extremely unpopular? Will it drop in price and the others stay the same?

NotMSRP

Why not do things the way that are done in Japan? Store allocation is determined by preorders. Very little for walk-ins. Eventually this will be beaten into the customer's head to preorder when he constantly lucks out.

DCX

DCX
I always wondered about that...different colored consoles. I remeber when every one got stuck with a Fushia GBA :p Is that fair? They should have one main color and the rest online special orders.

DCX

Anyanka

Apparently each cover is going to be exclusive to a store.

EB = Scorpion
Gamestop = Baraka
Wal-Mart = Raiden
Toys R US = Mileena

I wonder just how "limited" it really is...and I'd really like to know why only Xbox has multiple covers...

Andy787

Banned
Mairu said:
mortal-kombat-deception-premium-pack-20040802043057812.jpg

This will be mine! People should stop whining... I'm glad we're finally starting to get lots of collector/special/limited edition versions of games. There is a market for them in America, you don't need to keep them in Japan :D
Word, on both accounts. They certainly could've used a better looking render of Scorpion, but it's not like any of the others are exactly classy, either.

DCX

DCX
Anyanka said:

EB = Scorpion
Gamestop = Baraka
Wal-Mart = Raiden
Toys R US = Mileena

I wonder just how "limited" it really is...and I'd really like to know why only Xbox has multiple covers...
Is this confirmed??

DCX

Anyanka said:

EB = Scorpion
Gamestop = Baraka
Wal-Mart = Raiden
Toys R US = Mileena

Xbox get's multiple covers, PS2 gets the premium pack.

"The Mortal Kombat: Deception Limited Edition will feature distinctive packaging available in five unique box covers. The Mortal Kombat: Deception Premium Pack, available only on the PlayStation(R)2, will feature exclusive premium box packaging featuring Sub-Zero. The Mortal Kombat: Deception Kollector's Edition, available only on Xbox(R), will be available in four unique collectible box covers featuring: Baraka, Mileena, Raiden and Scorpion. The Limited Edition sets have a suggested retail price of $59.95 and will include the following:

-- An arcade-perfect, playable of the original Mortal Kombat(R) videogame

-- Over 40 minutes of bonus DVD video content featuring a "History of Mortal Kombat" movie that chronicles the origins of the franchise through the release of Mortal Kombat: Deception, along with exclusive biographical videos for each of the 25 characters in the game.

-- A serialized, embossed metal Kollector's Card created exclusively for the Limited Edition sets; there will be five unique cards in total (each of a different MK character), corresponding to the respective packaging. "

Anyanka

Yes. I've seen it on the MKD official site, Gamestop's site and EB's.

Xbox get's multiple covers, PS2 gets the premium pack.

PS2 gets the "Premium Pack" but Xbox gets the "Kollectors Edition". They're the same thing with the same extras. So why does "Kollectors edition" get multiple boxes when the "premium pack" doesnt? It makes no sense...

Catchpenny said:
So MK1 has been removed from Treasures 2 because of this? LAME.
agreed. i really hope this is just a rumor or something though.. :\

does walmart take preorders? id like to have the raiden box, but since no one knows how abundant these things are going to be, i dont want to take a chance...

evil ways

Looks like it's true, Midway posted the official lineup and box art for Arcade Treasures 2 and no mention of MK 1. Sucks since I wanted to have every classic MK game on a single disc, but I was still planning to get the Premiun Pack.

Seems like the game also includes a playable Area 51 demo.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Catchpenny said:
So MK1 has been removed from Treasures 2 because of this? LAME.

Agreed. That is beyond fucking lame! Period. I agree with Anyanka that they BETTER include UMK3 in MAT2!

Look at this way though....maybe MK1 will be live enabled.

Top Bottom