• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat vs NeoGAF: The Online Kommunity Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absoludacrous said:
Created a GAF room on XBL if anyone wants to play
Last night I saw a gaf room on the 360, joined and two of you were in vs so I was unable to spectate or watch, but being 2am and in the uk we might have lagged :p

I want to make a UK room later today.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I keep getting random characters I know nothing about. So sorry for the sad abusable cheese from me, it's all I know of these characters. =p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Added myself to the spreadsheet if anyone's playing tonight on xbox. I've yet to see what the KOTH stuff actually looks like, so I'm hoping to get in some of that.

bitoriginal

Hi guys, I know I'm a junior, but I'd love to play against some gaffers at some point, is it cool if I add myself to the list?

bitoriginal said:
Hi guys, I know I'm a junior, but I'd love to play against some gaffers at some point, is it cool if I add myself to the list?

No
Don't
I mean it
Alright fine :)

Will add myself as well, assuming i manage to smuggle my copy through the Australian borders.

fernoca

bitoriginal said:
Of course. Why would it be a problem?... we were all juniors at some point anyway.

You can also send a friend request to MKvsGAF in case you don't want to manually add people.

derFeef

Sent request to MKvsGAF tag. Looking forward to get my ass kicked :)
If anyone want to add me manually, GT: daFeef

BurningNad

I went ahead and added myself to the list of PSN players. Looking forward to playing with you guys once it's back up!

fernoca

Arde5643 said:
No one in GAF's playing MK online in xbl? So sad....
There are some: 20 added their gamertags to the spreadsheet: 29 sent friend requests to MKvsGAF.

With PSN down, and the ones playing on Xbox 360 able to see who's also playing on Live by just checking the MKvsGAF account; the overall thread's not really active.

Some are also waiting for possible updates/patches.

fernoca

Well, PSN is been restored, though is not 100% up, and neither fully working. But at least you can play online..well, kinda..and some... :p

There are still problems, it still goes down for maintenance so don't expect things to be fully perfect (as they weren't even before the service being shutdown). Also, people that haven't redeemed their online passes can't redeem them till the Store is back, so the wait continues to some.

During this weekend's tournament, it was reiterated that they've been listening feedback and that there will be patches to fix things, including the netcode; so keep an eye out.

Erebus

PSN ID: Darkuss88 (Europe)

Feel free to add me, though I haven't been able to redeem the code yet due to the PSN woes.

Ribbon

On a 6 mbps connection and no matter what I do I cannot get a lag-free match on ps3. :/

Joining rooms or doing player matches seem to be better, but its still noticeable.

simtmb

Any Australians, please add me on PSN: EverlusT

My trial is about to run out so I'll likely be using different accounts for online, but as soon as i can redeem my pass, I'll be playing often on my main acc.

(I own the PAL UK version of the game btw)

Rattles

simtmb said:

My trial is about to run out so I'll likely be using different accounts for online, but as soon as i can redeem my pass, I'll be playing often on my main acc.

NZ here but i'll be sure to add you next time im on. I played a few aussies on my trial and it ain't to bad, can only get better with a patch.
By ain't to bad i mean pretty shit, but still some of the best we can get

fernoca

Online's free/no need for an online pass till the PS Store is back. So PS3 users...go!!
Also accepted 3 more requests on the Live-GAF account (total number is 32 right now); sorry for the delay.

In other news...
Khezu posted some details about the upcoming patch/DLC at the official thread, based on what Tom Brady said:
Khezu said:
Brady is on a stream right now talking about the patch, and some other stuff.

DLC and the real patch is coming in 2 weeksish. Patch changes a lot of shit thats broken with the game, like actual glitches and real character changes.

Retro costumes are coming at the same time probably going to be the free DLC, said the netcode patch is coming at the same time, NRS said it increases it a LOT.
Also said skarlet plays like a combination of ibuki and some character from MKA, sareena?

Oh he also said there planning to buff training mode, and kenshi isn't coming out at the same time as skarlet, bleh.

I'm really trying to learn this game and it would be cool to play with you guys. I'm only good against people who just got this game, lol.

PSN: Doctor-West

Susurrus

PSN: Susurrus

Though I've yet to connect successfully (I have 3 losses now though since I disconnected in the character select...). At first I thought it was just my connection/distance, but then I tried MvC3 and AC:Brotherhood which run with little to no issues. They need to fix their shit.

Arozay

simtmb said:

I've got the PAL UK version as well, added.

PSN: Arozay

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can someone send me an invite to the PSN MK chat room? My PSN ID is "lyteedge2".

JRPereira

Well, got the connection issues figured out most likely - had ports for borderlands, minecraft, bnet, etc. forwarded to various ip's on my network. Cleared all of the forwarding and for some reason it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom