• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Chairhome

Can anyone help with the inputs here? I play a lot of fighting games, but I cant do kotal Khans sun offering to save my life fordward down back Square right? it won't trigger...Are there any tricks to it I feel like an idiot over here
Have you turned off release check and input shortcuts?

Can anyone help with the inputs here? I play a lot of fighting games, but I cant do kotal Khans sun offering to save my life fordward down back Square right? it won't trigger...Are there any tricks to it I feel like an idiot over here

You can't do it with full health/meter (aka training mode)

drotahorror

Blood offering is fdb circle. fdb square is something called Soul Scorch and yes for some reason it's impossible to do for me. Using the sun god variant. In training and I see you can't have full health/meter.

Even at half health with 1 bar Soul Scorch isn't doable.

Kinsei

Banned
My Krypt is coming along nicely. I just have most of the graveyard right outside the white lotus temple and a couple coffins inside the temple and I'll have every item (except for any timed chests) in the cemetery.

How's it going for the rest of you?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so depressed, why did I go watch Twitch? The game is so smooth on console, no lag on the character select, proper walk off animations, no move delay or lag and no crashing. I need a God damn hug, and a PS4.

kodecraft

I'm so depressed, why did I go watch Twitch? The game is so smooth on console, no lag on the character select, proper walk off animations, no move delay or lag and no crashing. I need a God damn hug, and a PS4.

I feel you and there's no reason the PC version shouldn't be kicking ass and taking names.

I have the game on PC and just downloaded the 15gb patch.

I'm hoping for more and more tweaks to get to the proper version gamers of the PC deserve.

This game is bad ass

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I feel you and there's no reason the PC version shouldn't be kicking ass and taking names.

I have the game on PC and just downloaded the 15gb patch.

I'm hoping for more and more tweaks to get to the proper version gamers of the PC deserve.

This game is bad ass

It's stupid that I have the game but I'd rather watch someone else play than have to deal with all the issues on PC.

What's up with different online features on ps4 atm? Can't load living towers, or, only loads 2 of them. Faction page can't connect or resets or loses connection. I dunno it's all wonky right now.

Mind telling me what the border/bg/icons do and the bonus they provide when the set is equipped? The final one that is that you get at lvl 50. I tried searching for the other faction ones that you can unlock but they don't seem to be listed unless you're in that faction.

White lotus is 100 coins per win, 100 kilns per win, 250 xp per win, and 200 coins per faction kill.
I7DAydM.jpg

And here is a link to the unlockable Faction Kill since I uploaded since I didn't see it on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/YoedRpJOPgc

Ed Boon and NRS seem pretty dedicated to fixing the PC version. I hope they learned to never work with High Voltage again, if they chose them in the first place.

Jaeger

Characters I will focus all my attention on;

Reptile
Kenshi
Shinnok
D'Vorah
Ferra/Torr
Kung Jin
Kung Lao

(Future)
Predator
Tremor

Still holding out for my man Noob, and Smoke as future DLC.

Jaeger

What kinda stick layouts are you guys using?

Honestly, I'm using a controller. I've always felt most at home with MK on a controller, and the DS4 is very comfy. I think my earliest memories of the game outside of the original arcade release was a 6-button Genesis controller.

Is there a tracker for the challenges (like do 500 special moves) and trophies anywhere? Can't find it.

And why does it sometimes take a minute to connect to online or download profile stats?

drotahorror

Do you know if you keep that set after switching factions?

You don't.

And thanks giancarlo. Looks like level 50 faction rewards are the same. LK here I come to leach the rewards!

Is there a tracker for the challenges (like do 500 special moves) and trophies anywhere? Can't find it.

And why does it sometimes take a minute to connect to online or download profile stats?

Go to Extras, offline combat states and it's the last one when scrolling right. Something about Progression ranks or something or another. And online is slow right now I'm guessing cuz they're getting hammered. Same issues for me.

What kinda stick layouts are you guys using?

[LP] [HP] [BLK] [Throw]
[LK] [HK] [Stance] [Interact]

Both punches for Interact (Which currently gets disabled if you turn off input shorcuts in your control preset)

Both lights for throw

Both kicks on block for alpha counter

Third row together for Xray.

I'll be honest, it doesn't feel great and I'm mainly trying to justify to myself the money I invested in the stick. I've tried sever arrangements and none of them is perfect.

Tokubetsu

[LP] [HP] [BLK] [Throw]
[LK] [HK] [Stance] [Interact]

Both punches for Interact (Which currently gets disabled if you turn off input shorcuts in your control preset)

Both lights for throw

Both kicks on block for alpha counter

Third row together for Xray.

I'll be honest, it doesn't feel great and I'm mainly trying to justify to myself the money I invested in the stick. I've tried sever arrangements and none of them is perfect.

In MK9 I used to use something (and im fooling around with it here):
[FP][BLK][BP]
[FK][Throw][BK]

OmegaDL50

Scorpion is the worst character. All he ever does is get pissed at everyone and fuck everything up. Why does anyone like him?

I'm sure if your Wife and Son were brutally murdered in front of you, and forced to be a zombie slave to a Necromancer for couple dozen years you would be pretty pissed at the people responsible for screwing up your life too.

/jk

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Chat room servers down for anyone else? Can't join rooms.
Xbox

The rooms been down for me all day on ps4. Honesty been having problems with them since launch. I found that letting the computer pick my vs and koth matches to be way simpler.

Drewfonse

I'm sure if your Wife and Son were brutally murdered in front of you, and forced to be a zombie slave to a Necromancer for couple dozen years you would be pretty pissed at the people responsible for screwing up your life too.

/jk

I just teared up a little bit. Absolutely ghastly.

It is not smooth at all on console if you're referring to online. Well, unless you like 2 seconds of input lag

drotahorror

Did they forget to hit the button for Hourly Living towers? Got daily and weekly but no hourly. First time it's been like this since launch.

16BitNova

Fuck I suck at this game. I want to be doing quarter circles and so I keep messing up my inputs. What's this input shortcut and other options? Do they help?

/jk

And because he was too caught up in his rage he let Shinok get revived and permanently screwed over Liu kang, Kung Lao, and company. The guy never listens and seriously need to calm down.

yes I dislike Scorpion what can I say :D

Rizzi

Is it just me, or does the PS4 online seem kind of busted? I can't do faction stuff, rooms tell me that the chat server is unavailable and it takes forever to find a match.

Is it just me, or does the PS4 online seem kind of busted? I can't do faction stuff, rooms tell me that the chat server is unavailable and it takes forever to find a match.
Faction is probably down because live is down. Chat seems to go on and off, and the last is kinda normal :p

OmegaDL50

And because he was too caught up in his rage he let Shinok get revived and permanently screwed over Liu kang, Kung Lao, and company. The guy never listens and seriously need to calm down.

yes I dislike Scorpion what can I say :D

Yeah well Scorpion was pretty dumb for
killing Quan Chi

I digress, I think Quan Chi planned it entirely to go like that. I mean he was smiling even after
his head was cut off
, In fact dare I say, he let
Sonya capture him on purpose
. Those handcuffs weren't going to do shit.

Also Quan Chi
getting killed
probably is a minor inconvenience, since he'll just pop right back up in Netherrealm.

So Scorpion gets the self satisfaction for
getting revenge
, while Quan Chi can secretly gloat for playing Scorpion like a fool.

Besides, dude is a Necromancer, I think something like
death
is very minor to him.

It all works out, see? :)

Trickster

can the lag be different for 2 players fighting each other? I swear, some people i fight with horrible delay seem to not mind at all that the connection is shit. Flawless execution and shit the entire fight, no idea how anyone could do that if their connection was as poor as mine

Yeah well Scorpion was pretty dumb for
killing Quan Chi

I digress, I think Quan Chi planned it entirely to go like that. I mean he was smiling even after
his head was cut off
, In fact dare I say, he let Sonya capture him on purpose. Those handcuffs weren't going to do shit.

Also Quan Chi
getting killed
probably is a minor inconvenience, since he'll just pop right back up in Netherrealm.

So Scorpion gets the self satisfaction for
getting revenge
, while Quan Chi can secretly gloat for playing Scorpion like a fool.

Besides, dude is a Necromancer, I think something like
death
is very minor to him.

It all works out, see? :)

keikaku.jpg

oh now I see it, pretty smart of him lol

Hopefully Hanzo can redeem himself in the sequel

Top Bottom