• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Annoying Songs EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
BECAUSE I GOT HIGH
BECAUSE I GOT HIGH
BECAUSE I GOT HIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

Fuck. Afroman sucks.

"Blue" is terrible, as well. I'll just reiterate that. Oh. I can't forget "Bodies" by Drowning Pool. :(

ONE. NOTHIN' WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!!!!
TWO. NOTHIN' WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THREE. NOTHIN' WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOUR. NOTHIN' WRONG WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much angst.

AntoneM

JC10001 said:
Anything made by the following bands:

Jane's Addiction
Kid Rock
Rage Against the Machine
Bare Naked Ladies

I'm speechless, I whole heartedly agree with Kid Rock but the other 3... YOU SUCK!

etiolate

Banned
That song by Story of the Year and many 311 and Sugar Ray songs. Though Blink 182 - Dammit drove me insane for all my senior year of highschool.

Loki

Count of Concision
drohne said:
alanis morrissette - thank you

just the "dis-ILL-UU-SION-MEHEHEHEEENT!" part where alanis pours on the volume and melisma to compensate for her gaping lack of subtlety, taste, musicianship, intelligence, and indeed basic humanity. it's surpassingly vulgar. i just heard it in the supermarket the other day. and it gave me an aneurysm.

LOL

drohne rocks. :D

Prospero

The Faceless Master said:
Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal

WORST..

COVER..

EVER..

Worse than that cover of "The Boys of Summer" by the Ataris? "I saw a Black Flag sticker on a Cadillac"? I'm afraid not.

Grubdog

Banned
Prospero said:
Worse than that cover of "The Boys of Summer" by the Ataris? "I saw a Black Flag sticker on a Cadillac"? I'm afraid not.
I love Boys of Summer by The Ataris.

And Eiffel 65 are awesome.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Lincoln Park - Any song
Nickelback - Any song
Good Charlotte - Any song
Limp Bizkit - Any song
Trapt - "Headstrong" (and probably their other songs, too, but I've only ever heard this one)
Hoobastank - "The Reason"
A Simple Plan - That irritating song about "s0rry i cant be puuuuuuuurrfect"

There are plenty of other guilty parties out there (pretty much 90-100% of the Top 40 every week, from my experience), but those are the ones that particularly get to me.

Vicious said:
Off the top of my head...

Trapt - Headstrong (or whatever the name is...)
Crazy Town - Butterfly
The Darkness - (I don't know the title, but I guess it's their first hit)
Drowning Pool - Bodies
Three Days Grace - I Hate Everything About You
Evanescence - Bring Me to Life
Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom
Puddle of Mudd - She Hates Me
Hoobastank - The Reason
Kid Rock - Bawitaba (I wonder if I'm even close on the spelling of that)
Nickelback - (all their songs are the same song, so... that one song of theirs.)
P.O.D. - Youth of the Nation
Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide
Simple Plan - Addicted
Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff
Linkin Park - (the song that rhymes heal, feel, and real)

human5892 said:
Lincoln Park - Any song
Nickelback - Any song
Good Charlotte - Any song
Limp Bizkit - Any song
Trapt - "Headstrong" (and probably their other songs, too, but I've only ever heard this one)
Hoobastank - "The Reason"
A Simple Plan - That irritating song about "s0rry i cant be puuuuuuuurrfect"

There are plenty of other guilty parties out there (pretty much 90-100% of the Top 40 every week, from my experience), but those are the ones that particularly get to me.

I just want to know if you rate these worse then songs like:

Because I got high - Afro Man
Eifel 65 - Blue
Ann Lee - 2 times
Mmmbop - Hanson
DJ Ozzy - forget title
Joe Dolce - Shaddap You Face
Milkshake song

Because they are truely painful songs where most of the songs you guys listed at least have elements of being somewhat decent (some a lot more then others).

xsarien

daedsiluap
Prospero said:

Yes, if for any other reason than my utter comtempt for Don Henley. I like the Atari cover better out of pure *spite*.

Also, most annoying song ever?

"Wannabe," by the Spice Girls. I used to have a nifty little program in Windows 98 that acted as an alarm clock by playing MP3s. Nothing got me out of bed faster than that song, because if I didn't shut it off my head would explode faster than you could say "Scanners."

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Red Dolphin said:
I just want to know if you rate these worse then songs like:

Because I got high - Afro Man
I actually don't mind that song.

Eifel 65 - Blue
Pretty annoying, but I hate the songs/bands I listed more.

Ann Lee - 2 times
I don't know this song (or maybe I do, but not by name).

Mmmbop - Hanson
Like "Blue", this song irritates me, but not more (or even as much) than the examples I gave.

DJ Ozzy - forget title
Joe Dolce - Shaddap You Face
Don't know these.

Milkshake song
This one probably could go on my list. It's incredibly annoying.

Bring it On Home: Led Zeppelin
Revolution 9: The Beatles
Make Em Say UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH: I have no fucking idea
The rap remake of Every Breath you Take.

Memles

Billy S - Skye Sweetnam

I laughed a chortle of irony when, after she raped the corpse of William Shakespeare with this crap, Britney Spears cancelled her Summer Tour and bye-bye went Skye's instant publicity as her opening act.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song (Asereje...)

AND....

Emilia - Big big world
Milky - Just the way you are

3phemeral

Los Ketchup (?) - The Ketchup song
Chumbwumba - Tub Thumping
Tatu - All the things you said
Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
Baha Men - Who Let the Dogs Out
Lil' Flip - Game Over
Midnight Runners/Save Ferris - Come on Eileen

Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending (the lyrics irritate me to no end)

Avril Lavigne said:
Let's talk this over
It's not like we're dead
Was it something I did?
Was it something You said?
Don't leave me hanging
In a city so dead
Held up so high
On such a breakable thread

You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be...

...You've got your dumb friends
I know what they say
They tell you I'm difficult
But so are they
But they don't know me
Do they even know you?
All the things you hide from me
All the shit that you do

effzee

lol u guys seem to be listing songs that are currently in heavy rotation or artists u dislike. the most annoying to me are the ones that get played every other min.

something celine dion's my heart will go on.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
effzee said:
lol u guys seem to be listing songs that are currently in heavy rotation or artists u dislike. the most annoying to me are the ones that get played every other min.
*slow clapping*

effzee

human5892 said:
*slow clapping*

yeah and the topic said EVER. the songs in heavy rotation cant compare to what celine dion was back when that song came out. it was just about everywhere...and i have yet to see a song achieve the level of annoyance it did.

Dilbert

There's no WAY I could possibly come up with a definitive list, but I definitely can tell that this forum skews young by the kinds of songs which are listed. For example -- where are the songs by Peter Cetera? "The Glory Of Love" (from one of the Karate Kid movies) was absolutely abhorrent. What about Bryan Adams? "Have you ever really, really ever loved a woman?" <BARF> What about that simply awful song by Suzanne Vega, "Tom's Diner," with the "doo doo doo" intro line that sticks in your head and makes you contemplate suicide?

3phemeral

-jinx- said:
There's no WAY I could possibly come up with a definitive list, but I definitely can tell that this forum skews young by the kinds of songs which are listed. For example -- where are the songs by Peter Cetera? "The Glory Of Love" (from one of the Karate Kid movies) was absolutely abhorrent. What about Bryan Adams? "Have you ever really, really ever loved a woman?" <BARF> What about that simply awful song by Suzanne Vega, "Tom's Diner," with the "doo doo doo" intro line that sticks in your head and makes you contemplate suicide?

Perhaps it's nostalgic for me so I tend to overlook it, but if you wanna go a little further back:

K.D. Lang - Constant Craving

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn(Kawn)Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunt(stunt)
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay(Cray)Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing(ving)
Has aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal(all)waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays(ways) beeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

^_^

xsarien

daedsiluap
-jinx- said:

I kinda figured that "Most stuff from the 80s" was implied. ;)

(Quickly hides his gigabytes upon gigabytes of 80s drek.)

But if you insist:

Buffalo Stance (Neneh Cherry) - You've repressed this one, and now I've re-opened the psychological wound. Why? Because I'm evil.

Da Da Da (Trio) - Not annoying in and of itself. However, the chorus of people who will get annoyed at you for discovering it through a Volkswagen ad is deafening.

Forever Young (Alphaville) - So much shmaltz that it'd put Paul McCartney into a diabetic coma.

Love Missile F1-11 (Sigue Sigue Sputnik) - You don't want to like it, but hey, it's on the Vice City soundtrack. You're therefore required to hum it indefinitely.

She Bop (Cyndi Lauper) - Too damned catchy for its own good, you want to rip your ears off after you hear it.

Loki

Count of Concision
-jinx- said:

Heresy! Release the hounds! :p

Though I will admit that I didn't like it nearly as much as the rest of his Chicago stuff (which I'm sure you similarly loathe ;)).

Jak140

Boogie9IGN said:
THANK YOU LEON, I'VE BEEN DYING TRYING TO FIND THAT SONG

Wait, is that the song where she's talking about a bunch of random shit (People going into coffee houses and kissing and crap)

EDIT: Damnit, not it, I TAKE THE LOVE BACK

That's Tom's Diner by Susan Vega, I think

Loki

Count of Concision
As for my own list:

"Livin' La Vida Loca" -- Ricky Martin

"I Can Be Your Hero, Baby" -- Enrique Iglesias

Any Spice Girls song

Any recent girl-under-the-age-of-18 pop song (too samey for me)

"Let's Get It Started" -- Black Eyed Peas

"Barbie Girl" -- Aqua

"Mambo No. 5" -- Lou Bega

"Right Thurr" -- Chingy

That Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow "romantic" duet (blech)

"If It Makes You Happy" -- Sheryl Crow? (I think this was before her time, though)

The crappy songs of yesteryear have been permanently blotted out of memory, which is why most of these are fairly recent.

EDIT: And Tom Jones' "Sex Bomb" -- how could this have been overlooked? I guess it didn't see a wide release, but man, what a tragic song. A 55+ year old man singing lusty lyrics just conjures up all kinds of nasty images in my head. :p

Memles

3pheMeraLmiX said:
Avril Lavigne - My Happy Ending (the lyrics irritate me to no end)

More than he terrible first single? At least her second doesn't include the line "You tried to get in my hands, I had to kick your ass, and make you never forget".

Her crappy attempts at songwriting are generally better when someone like Chantal Kreviatzuk teaches her what music sounds like; My Happy Ending is much more refined and something I don't mind hearing every now and then...not every minute, but still.

3phemeral

Memles said:
More than he terrible first single? At least her second doesn't include the line "You tried to get in my hands, I had to kick your ass, and make you never forget".

Her crappy attempts at songwriting are generally better when someone like Chantal Kreviatzuk teaches her what music sounds like; My Happy Ending is much more refined and something I don't mind hearing every now and then...not every minute, but still.

Hrm... I don't remember her first single because I haven't listening to radio music in a while. I think I heard it once while I was trying to reset my station back to NPR after getting it back from the shop because the mechanics reprogrammed my radio. *_*

Anyway, the thing with Avril is that her melodies are fine... the lyrics ultimately ruin the feel of the song. At least, with this particular one I find. Plus, her whole anti-britney facade about gets pretty old -- who hasn't bagged on britney?

Izzy

Banned
-jinx- said:
What about that simply awful song by Suzanne Vega, "Tom's Diner," with the "doo doo doo" intro line that sticks in your head and makes you contemplate suicide?

This is just one example of how the tastes differ. I bet you're American, right? For me, the DNA rev of this song was the dance beat of my youth. Along with The Chills' Heavenly Pop Hit, Adamski's Killer and Guru Josh's Infinity. But that was back in the summer of '90.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Tiesto - Obsession (Frank Biazzi mix)

Elton John - Benny and the Jets

Avril Lavigne - Sk8r Boy

The Rasmus- In the Shadows... DUDE GET THOSE FREAKIN FEATHERS OUT OF YOUR ASS.
I swear the singer wants to become a female.

Bodies- Drowning Pool - It sounds like a guitar is trying to vomit. There was a time where every horror movie had this song in their trailers.... Oh THE PAIN.

Forsete

Most of you have not heard it.. but.. I seriously want to MURDER someone when I hear it.

Baton Rouge - by The Kid

ARGH.

Anything by Korn
Rolling by Limp Bitzkit
Anything by Evanesence
Girls and Boys by Good Charlette
Heartbreaker by the Simple Plan ( My school yearbook had them as favorite band of all the students, ugh I hate that I want to burn my yearbook for that)
Stacys mom by Fountains of Wayne(My yearbook had that as favorite song, bad taste in music is all over my school)
My heart will go on by Celion Deon
I just want to fly by Sugar Ray
Memory by Sugarcult
Anything by Jet
Avril Lavigne is responsible for making me hate anyone who listens to punk rock.
I can think of tons of more but alot of songs have been covered.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Unresponsive Bee Victim said:
Avril Lavigne is responsible for making me hate anyone who listens to punk rock.

Avril's music is not punk by any stretch of the imagination, despite what she, her publicist, or her agent might say.

thomaser

It might not be the most irritating song ever, but this thread made me think about Egil Hegerberg's "Skyt fru Hitler i et badekar" anyway. Translated, the title is "Shoot Mrs. Hitler in a Bathtub".

"Poison Mrs. Hitler in a drugstore,
no, strangle Mrs. Hitler in a pissoar,
beat down Mrs. Hitler in a library,
no, shoot Mrs. Hitler in a bathtub"

... and so on. It rhymes quite splendidly in the original version, actually. And the jolly tune and eclectic arrangement all contribute to the general pleasantness of it all.

OH! And for the Scandinavians out there... remember the Swedish phenomenon "Hooba Hooba Zoot Zoot" from the late 70s or early 80s?

Hubba hubba zoot zoot
Hebba hooba zaat zaat
Pahuue pahuue pahahahuue pah anamnam
ah-nam
Hubba hubba zoot zoot
Hebba hooba zaat zaat
ah-nam

Hubba hubba zoot zoot
Hebba hooba zaat zaat
ah-nam-nam
Hubba hubba zoot zoot
Hebba hooba zaat zaat
ah-nam-nam
ah-nam

Hubba hubba zoot zoot
Hebba hooba zaat zaat
ah-nam-nam
Hubba hubba zoot zoot
Hebba hooba zaat zaat
ah-nam-nam
ah-nam

I'm VERY sorry that I'm not able to find a download of this song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom