• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most memorable Game Over screens?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
RE games and MGS1 are classy, but I must agree Sega Rally 2 takes the cake...

GAME OVER YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Hahahaha! It makes you feel like a winner anyway.

Though another one would be Jak & Daxter. WHY would you ever think of having a cut scene to mock the player after they die? Especially in a game where many cheap deaths are possible, it's just dumb.

ourumov

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
Goemon's Great Adventure for N64.........hula hooping muscle men.............

someone find a screenshot!

Also present on Mystical Ninja....
Oh man, the Goemon games are the best games on earth !!!!

gunstarhero

thats sega rally. daytona is the dancing game over letters... G...A...M...E...O...ooooorrrrr...E...R...G~A~M~E~O~ooorrr~E~R...gameoorgame oorgameoorgameoor..

Aaaah - thats right. Daytona's was still great though, but Sega Rally 2 had the best song. After reading this post, I would say Sega's arcade racing games own this topic.

Oni Jazar

Here's your winner right here:

ng.gif

Game Over.

Seth C

ArcadeStickMonk said:
the night is still young, let us go out for pleasure

definitely not the best, but classy!

I never actually saw th at screen...and I've finished the game several times.

Seth C

gunstarhero said:
Aaaah - thats right. Daytona's was still great though, but Sega Rally 2 had the best song. After reading this post, I would say Sega's arcade racing games own this topic.

I agree. When I came to this topic those are the two games I couldn't help but think of.

belgurdo

Banned
Grandia and FFX-2....when you lose, the last person to die says something (in Grandia, sometimes the whole party says something about not trying hard enough...very interesting)

Chrono Trigger if you lose fighting I THINK it's the first form of Lavos
Losing to Sagat in SF2 and having nim laugh at you.
Resident Evil...being killed by a hunter decapitation style.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm surprised a quick scrolling through didn't show Legend of Zelda (NES), the one where the screen turns red and Link spins around. All time classic.

Agent X

The arcade game Missile Command has got to be one of the best of all time, particularly in the context of the game's theme.

missilecmd5.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Final Fight with the dynamite. I like how a conveniently placed knife can defuse the bomb upon continuing with another credit

I felt that "game ovah yeah" was so stupid american in some way, so i didnt like it ;D

what was that game where you were jacked to some dynamite and you saw the
fire on it.. spreading?

This was brought up in the old boards, but the US version of Bangai-O's game over screen was changed. The white hood was replaced by, I guess, an alien living inside the kid's skull or something.

Me, I like Dayota's ending.

Manhunt is kinda cool. All thugs around your dead body kick you everywhere and you can here some funny one-linear insults. All this is viewed in first-person perspective !

Top Bottom