• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Memorable Pause or Loading Screens

Post pictures of or mention your favorite pause screens from a video game.

I'll mention the MegaMan because they are rad and you can pick weapons to blow shit up with on them.

As for loading screens, I always like Phantasy Star Online's because you could fiddle around with them.

belgurdo

Banned
Mario and Luigi-the game opens a "suitcase," and I think the lid might be polygonal

That interested me more than the actual game

BeOnEdge

Banned
willy beamish sega CD. if you hit a button it brough up a controllable screen saver
ridge racer revolution-the song during galaxian was funny as hell.

Ryu said:
Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay -- just a cool concept.

Yes, this menu system kept me entertained for a good 5 minutes before I starting playing the game. I just kept shifting it watching it animate. VERY cool.

High - Twirling the "Loading" text around in SOTN (Let us peeps go for some pleasure 'round here tonight, being as there is youth in it... the night I mean)

Low - Daikatana, it took the same amount of time no matter how fast your machine was.

I was gonna post this thread as a joke.

Then I realized there are actually some kinda cool ones, like Fantastic Four's 4-player Super Sprint clone loading game. I really hoped at the time that other games would work in similar games, but none ever did. :(

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The two PS Rival Schools games have a neat library of Loading images.

Surprised nobody mentioned PS/SS Dracula X yet.

bobbyconover said:
Then I realized there are actually some kinda cool ones, like Fantastic Four's 4-player Super Sprint clone loading game. I really hoped at the time that other games would work in similar games, but none ever did. :(

Perhaps the only game with a loading screen more fun than the game itself.

jett

D-Member
Battletoads. I'll never forget that beat.

Wave Race: Blue Storm. You can mess with the bubble thingy.

Castlevania: SOTN. You can mess with the font thingy.

Senretsu

Silent Hill 2 had that one if you waited with the bloody hand prints, I went to go get a snack and when was freaked out for a second when I had returned.

ourumov

Tekken 1 and 2 - You can play Galaga during the loading sequence...
Are you sure Tekken 2 too ? I have the PAL version and never saw that.

My favorite one is the one from SOTN...I also recently liked the SC2 where you can make your character scream.

Docpan

Serafita stole mine. o_O

Earthworm Jim for Sega Cd = rawk loading screen.

Honorable mention- Symphony of the Night loading screen that you can manipulate with the d-pad.

hobbitx

The spinning Matrix-like effect in MDK2's pause screen was pretty cool.

The loading screen for King's Field was pretty cool too, I almost wanted to play a game with that little dude more than the actual character.

Top Bottom