• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Motivation, Achievements and the positive things you have done in your life.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
A space for them to share their achievements and any special situations that have made them happy.

We live in a world where everything is negative and there is jealousy and issues that can harm people's health and motivation.

In addition to social networks, they have affected people's emotional factor.

So you are free to share what achievements or what situations have been positive in your life... as well as your future goals.

tshirt-design-inspiration-quotes-words-260nw-2170664255.jpg

d6eaa7a56d913582a9cd7486699796f2.jpg

Last edited:
Long story short, after being a recluse for 5 years, and being on the verge of the "sui" everyday, I ran away from my abusive home (I was going to end my life that night) spent one day on the streets (Brazilian streets, so... Yeah), pretty much accepted that I was going to be homeless, and have to resort to things I didn't want to resort to, until my uncle and aunts contacted me.

Now I'm living with my aunt and grandmother, starting my life from scratch at 27 years old.

The past 26 years were a complete blur of apathy or misery, and even though starting over is really difficult to say the least, I don't regret choosing life.

So... That's my biggest achievement, choosing life.

What I want to do in the future?...

Have a stable job, live in a small, simple apartment, get a cat, get me a Steam Deck, and play Final Fantasy XIII for the first time 😊

I'm hopeful I will get there.

Last edited:
A space for them to share their achievements and any special situations that have made them happy.

We live in a world where everything is negative and there is jealousy and issues that can harm people's health and motivation.

In addition to social networks, they have affected people's emotional factor.

So you are free to share what achievements or what situations have been positive in your life... as well as your future goals.

tshirt-design-inspiration-quotes-words-260nw-2170664255.jpg

d6eaa7a56d913582a9cd7486699796f2.jpg
What about you? You have things to share here?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
What about you? You have things to share here?
Since I was a child I had to face many life situations, emotional abuse from more psychological adults, since Kindergarten...

I was abused since I was little, both psychological, emotional and physical... Especially in high school, I defended myself and also used intelligence to deal with the situation... Violence will never solve anything. Then he plans how to get out of the situations and luckily everything turned out well, once an idiot who will never do anything in life had me so fed up with the abuse that I sent him to the hospital..

. People thought I was a fool, but I have the courage of perseverance and constance... Focus only in my goals... People said that It would be nothing in life...

And even a university psychiatrist told me that I wouldn't achieve anything.... So I proved him wrong.

But with effort I manage to have a medical specialty, in my country I have the merit that I am a Covid Hero for risking my life, I have a job that earns 3,000 dollars a month.

I was also in television shows when I was little, young and I met some actors.

I had 5 girlfriends in my life but they distracted me so I put more focus on studying...And continue with my goals

I unfortunately separated from someone I loved for 2 years, due to personal reasons... But I am trying to get back into a meaningful relationship with my ex girlfriend... Because I love her.

I got him to save people... And a child who called me because my partner left the hospital because I no longer want to work... Take control as subdirector of the hospital. And save a child with appendicitis that was getting complicated and save people with Diabetes Type 2 I save them from have a foot amputation.

I discovered an easter egg on Yoshi island and I was the first. Person in the world.... I was on television on some occasions..

And in 2 months I will buy a new car.

Although my priority is to find a girl who really has love and love me and be a father.

J46ZM7R.jpeg

Even though in the. Year. 2018... Present a test of an exam of 450 questions, where 60,000 doctors register... I was one of those who passed the exam out of a total of 8,000 people.

All this because the previous government of Mexico did everything possible so that there were no doctors with a specialty and even in the face of adversity and envy of the people, they managed to do it.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

I'm a mental health nurse. I've been through the care system, from 12 - 17 years old, and games saved me from robbing cars etc, like some of my fellow kids. I bring the truth, and 20 years experience working across cams, AFS, women's services. I'm currently on a pre discharge ward, which is more slower paced but I can have greater input. I love my job but man, it's exhausting.

Last edited:
I sponsored a child living in extreme poverty in another country.

The monthly sponsorship allowed them access to clean water, food, medical care, and support. Changed their lives.

I received letters from them saying how they are thankful to have me as a sponsor. And from their parents thanking me for helping provide for their child.

I can even fly over there and see the child and how my support has helped them.

Without support many children die from lack of food and water. Ridiculous to have this problem in our world.

That is one postive thing i have done.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I've only recently allowed myself to be happy without guilt.

2018-2020 was a son of a bitch for me emotionally as I dealt with colon cancer while my mom was suffering from dementia.

While I am inherently a positive person there was this constant dark cloud over my head which carried over well beyond 2020.

My initial hospital stay was due to my drinking; I showed up at work with yellow eyes. I was a professional drunk for almost 20 years (Which probably caused my cancer).
I successfully went to rehab and soon after was when a tumor was discovered in my colon.

My colon was removed and I successfully underwent 12 rounds of chemo which pulverized metastasis on my liver.

In may 2020 as my mom was in her later stages of dementia Covid swept in and finished her off.

And here's where I struggled the most.
I could not be with her. She died alone.

I had tremendous difficulty separating this event from my own personal life.
I carried that guilt like permanent luggage.

It's only recently in the past 6 months I finally learned to let go and find some peace within myself.
It's a conscious daily effort to remind myself that this event was not my fault and mostly that it was out of my control.

I can finally go to sleep with a smile and while it may not sound like much to me it's a small victory.

No more dark clouds 😊

Doom85

I've only recently allowed myself to be happy without guilt.

2018-2020 was a son of a bitch for me emotionally as I dealt with colon cancer while my mom was suffering from dementia.

While I am inherently a positive person there was this constant dark cloud over my head which carried over well beyond 2020.

My initial hospital stay was due to my drinking; I showed up at work with yellow eyes. I was a professional drunk for almost 20 years (Which probably caused my cancer).
I successfully went to rehab and soon after was when a tumor was discovered in my colon.

My colon was removed and I successfully underwent 12 rounds of chemo which pulverized metastasis on my liver.

In may 2020 as my mom was in her later stages of dementia Covid swept in and finished her off.

And here's where I struggled the most.
I could not be with her. She died alone.

I had tremendous difficulty separating this event from my own personal life.
I carried that guilt like permanent luggage.

It's only recently in the past 6 months I finally learned to let go and find some peace within myself.
It's a conscious daily effort to remind myself that this event was not my fault and mostly that it was out of my control.

I can finally go to sleep with a smile and while it may not sound like much to me it's a small victory.

No more dark clouds 😊

I’m sure you’ve already told yourself this, but based on how much you loved your mother, she sounds like she was a great person and would understand if you couldn’t be with her in her final moments. She knew you were alive and I feel for many people that’s good enough at the end, to know that they still have loved ones out there somewhere who have many days ahead of them.

Glad your physical health seems to be better as well. Here’s to you continuing on your grand adventure of life.

bC7KWaq.gif

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I’m sure you’ve already told yourself this, but based on how much you loved your mother, she sounds like she was a great person and would understand if you couldn’t be with her in her final moments. She knew you were alive and I feel for many people that’s good enough at the end, to know that they still have loved ones out there somewhere who have many days ahead of them.

Glad your physical health seems to be better as well. Here’s to you continuing on your grand adventure of life.

bC7KWaq.gif
I could also hear her voice in my head telling me to move on & that I did the best I could.
I decided to finally listen 🙂

Mr1999

I really don't want to give out exact details so I will try to keep it as vague as possible but back in 2015 I bought many domain names for 99 cents from this new startup. Everyone in the community saw them as a joke, and a nuisance. I had over 100 premium domain names under my belt that I had gotten for free/dollars, after a while I lost interest and let them foolishly expire, except for a few I had. Ended up selling them 2-3 years ago each for x,xxx to xx,xxx.

I regret that I never renewed the others, i sometimes see them selling now for higher end of xx,xxx to xxx,xxx. So to think I could have been a millionaire kind of sucks, but I'm happy I got something out of it and it helped get to where I am now, and that I have it in me to hopefully do that again in other ways. Cool thing is, at the time I started investing you meet people, one of which ended up becoming a multi millionaire known as Swetha, aka the xyz queen, google her.

This gave me huge motivation and confidence in myself and learned a valuable lesson, just because everyone isn't doing it now doesn't mean they won't in the future, and not to listen to the naysayers. When people see competition they scream the loudest.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nothing out of the ordinary, but just a straight as an arrow life and career.

- No substance addictions (never smoked or did drugs)
- Lucky so far I'm healthy. Ya, I'm overweight, but other metrics are fine. And teeth in great shape too despite eating lots of junk food
- Did the typical undergrad path and then a masters. Even in grade school, never asked my siblings or parents for help for homework. I do my own shit. Only time I asked for help was asking a friend next door for help doing a grade 8 science project because I remember I was lazy that week and she also had a wooden fold out stand thing I could borrow off her for my project
- Paid off all my debts myself
- Figured out on my own to buy my own homes, inv properties, wheel and deal at car dealerships etc... And I also take pride being neat and tidy. So my house, outside, desk at work, car are always clean, grass mowed, snow shoveled etc.... I like stuff in order, and as crazy as it seems I dont mind dong chores like that unless it's insanely hot outside or a giant blizzard. But under normal conditions, I like washing my car myself, cleaning my house, and once a year getting a big cardboard box and filling it up with junk or old clothes accumulating around the house to toss it all in a trash bin. If the clothes are still in good shape, I'll donate them. During covid I dropped off 3 suits I'll never wear (probably wore them twice each. lol)
- Lots of good friends and fam (zero fam issues and still got great friends from kindergarten!), and the awesomest nieces and nephews who I'll see every month or two somewhere at a dinner or hang out day. Love being an uncle. I'm the one whose the fun one and buy them what they want with by far the best Xmas presents. When it's time everyone is itching to open gifts, they all gun for my boxes first. And I'm happy they are happy when they see the stuff. Youre only a kid once and my siblings and parents would buy me some good stuff too like video games, so I want to return the favour for other young kids in the fam. I'm a big supporter of being self sufficient not for just myself, but to accumulate wealth to pass down the family tree so the fam is secure. I plan on leaving my nephews and nieces all my money and assets when I'm dead as a doornail. I might not be their parent, but as family I'll always be there as an uncle and financial support
- In a nut shell, I'm happy with what I've done, got good friends/fam, and self sufficient

Last edited:

Boozeroony

Gold Member
Suffered from depressions anxiety since I was 19 years old. Tried to take my own life at the age of 26 and wasn't able to work for about 6 years.

Last 5 years I managed to get into physical shape, worked hard on personal development and faced my inner demons. I got a paid job, worked my way to financial stability and found my own business. Last year has been the best year of my life and at almost 40 I feel like I am at the beginning of a great journey.

Top Bottom