• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Move over Japan - Burger King bringing black Whopper to US this Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/2015/09/16/ha-1-loween-whopper-coming-to-burger-king/

Thanks to @Burger_Lad on Twitter for the heads-up that Burger King will be releasing a WHOPPER with a black bun later this month. It’s called the HA.1.LOWEEN WHOPPER and it features everything you’d find in a typical WHOPPER sandwich (burger patty, cheese, pickles, onions, tomato, lettuce, mayo) plus A.1. steak sauce and of course… the black bun.

Black burger buns aren’t anything new to places like Japan, but this is a big leap for a North American fast food release.

RCS0ChH.jpg

Gonzalez

Banned
This does nothing for me.

...And please don't get on me GAFers. I like to eat what I like to eat. That doesn't make me prejudice towards different colored meals.

whitehawk

Banned
I remember being super excited for green ketchup as a kid but when I actually tried it I thought the colour made it gross.

I wonder if the cheese will be black too.

Also, I can hear comedians of the 90s ready to make a comeback with burger jokes.
"Black burgers taste like this, while white burgers taste like this."

JulianImp

Tried it while I was in Japan, but it wasn't all that special outside of having black (nearly) everything. It didn't help that the oil used to prepare the fries was probably old, giving them worse taste (and left behind some aftertaste from onion rings that were probably boiled in it earlier).

Apt101

I miss the old moist, elegantly sloppy Whopper. Too "McDonald's" like for me now. But I'll eat one with a black bun for shits and giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom