• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie props you want to own

VulcanRaven

What movie props you would like to own if you had to choose few? Not something too big like vehicles.

Original 1933 King Kong armature:
322e0itfhkw41.jpg

The One ring that was used for the close-ups:
9btsddlcl7161.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Came here to type Ecto-1, which was my first thought, but was defeated by the second line of your opening post.

Within half a second, I was over it - what would I actually do with an Ecto-1? It'd be quite impractical really and people would always be wanting photos with it. Other than that, a Terminator arm? What would I do with that?

I don't think I'm a movie props guy.

Last edited:

MrA

I had a nightmare once in which I was trying to buy props from the rankin bass animated hobbit and return of the king , it was in stuffy oppressive room with a horrible atmosphere , like it was hard to breath the air and impossible to escape, it was so weird

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
I want Mace Windu’s lightsaber that says BMF on it.

I almost bid on this

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

I remember seeing this scene when I was kid on TV... for some reason they must have been airing the directors cut version or something, but at the time I had no concept of what a Directors Cut was.

Then over the next like 20 years I only ever saw the regular version of the movie and it drove me absolutely fucking insane because this scene wasn't in it and I was so confused. I thought I was going crazy, I would wrack my brain thinking what other movie I might have seen that I was getting it mixed up with... but I had like vivid images of Hicks, the Sentry guns blasting the Aliens, them huddled around the monitor counting down the bullets. It absolutely haunted me because I loved Aliens and remembered this badass scene which apparently didnt actually exist at all. It was a Bernstein Bears situation for me.

Then when I was like 30 years old I saw the Aliens Directors Cut Edition at like Best Buy or something and it just clicked. I know, Im a total dumbass for not connecting the dots sooner lol.

Bought it, watched it, saw the scene. It was like a 20 year weight was lifted off my chest. Was like my own True Crime documentary where I finally got a resolution on a cold case.

Last edited:

CGNoire

I remember seeing this scene when I was kid on TV... for some reason they must have been airing the directors cut version or something, but at the time I had no concept of what a Directors Cut was.

Then over the next like 20 years I only ever saw the regular version of the movie and it drove me absolutely fucking insane because this scene wasn't in it and I was so confused. I thought I was going crazy, I would wrack my brain thinking what other movie I might have seen that I was getting it mixed up with... but I had like vivid images of Hicks, the Sentry guns blasting the Aliens, them huddled around the monitor counting down the bullets. It absolutely haunted me because I loved Aliens and remembered this badass scene which apparently didnt actually exist at all. It was a Bernstein Bears situation for me.

Then when I was like 30 years old I saw the Aliens Directors Cut Edition at like Best Buy or something and it just clicked. I know, Im a total dumbass for not connecting the dots sooner lol.

Bought it, watched it, saw the scene. It was like a 20 year weight was lifted off my chest. Was like my own True Crime documentary where I finally got a resolution on a cold case.
Same exact thing happened to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom