• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS sends outrun 2 out wayyy early, and TRU does get the new PS2 now

atomsk

Party Pooper
was working out today (and yesterdays) stock. since someone didnt bother to scan in yesterdays, and i find, that...

sony sent us 1 box of the new ps2s (i was under the impression only the 'specialty shops', eb, gamestop, etc, were getting them)

i open a box to find OMG 6 COPIES OF OUTRUN 2!.... with a big ass "do not sell till 10/26" sticker on them. BOOOO.

so if you're looking for a new PS2, and everywhere is sold out, check TRU

Brofist

You probably shouldn't have mentioned that in case there's an "Outrun 2 leaked" topic started like an hour from now. :p

atomsk

Party Pooper
oh, i just rememberd, they also sent us 5 stand alone konga's! i was in shock. i thought everyone was having trouble getting these

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Anyone in Overland Park, KS might be interested to know that the TRU near Oak Park Mall is already selling the game. I stopped by on my lunch break and there's a stack of them in the XBox section. I'm a little busy with other stuff so I didn't get it but if you're interested, you might want to get there before they realize their mistake.

Brofist

atomsk said:
yeah. but outrun already got a PAL release, so it's not this huuuuge deal like halo 2 or gta

hehe I know...I was just making light of the many leaked topic on the front page.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Minotauro said:
Anyone in Overland Park, KS might be interested to know that the TRU near Oak Park Mall is already selling the game. I stopped by on my lunch break and there's a stack of them in the XBox section. I'm a little busy with other stuff so I didn't get it but if you're interested, you might want to get there before they realize their mistake.

this doesnt surprise me at all. most of the people i work with generally dont give a shit about games or the release dates. most of the release date enforcing is done by not shipping us the game until the day it comes out. (or several days later as is often the case)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Swap doesn't have it yet, but I'l post if we get it. I doubt it though.

Time to check TRU!

Superbone

I don't get it. Why are they waiting until the 26th? That's just stupid. They've got a nice little window here before GTA:SA. Plus, just got the demo the other day and it states the game coming out on the 12th. Just sell the game already. Sheesh!

Edit: BTW, what's it take not to be a "junior member" around here?! I've been a GA member since the 90's and I work in the industry. Again, sheesh!

atomsk

Party Pooper
Superbone said:
Edit: BTW, what's it take not to be a "junior member" around here?! I've been a GA member since the 90's and I work in the industry. Again, sheesh!

100 posts i believe

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
atomsk said:
oh, i just rememberd, they also sent us 5 stand alone konga's! i was in shock. i thought everyone was having trouble getting these

There's no touble getting them around here. At least 3 locations within 5 minutes of me have 4-5 of the standalone kongas.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
atomsk said:

My local Best Buy has 2 stacks of kongas. Which is like 6 units I suppose

jedimike

Has anyone else been able to pick up Outrun 2? Or have other stores besides TRU gotten them in?

I just thought about hitting up some game stores tonight... probably a big waste of time though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm pretty sure Outrun 2 would have appeared on the 'scene' if it was available for sale already :p Since it seems that when one store breaks street date, everyone else does

IJoel

jedimike said:
Has anyone else been able to pick up Outrun 2? Or have other stores besides TRU gotten them in?

I just thought about hitting up some game stores tonight... probably a big waste of time though.

I found it at the local TRU.

R0X!!!

xsarien

daedsiluap
Wario64 said:
I'm pretty sure Outrun 2 would have appeared on the 'scene' if it was available for sale already :p Since it seems that when one store breaks street date, everyone else does

TRU broke the street date, and I'm a happy camper.

Lee-T

Yeah same at my store, atomsk. We got 6 Outrun 2 and a bunch of the new PS2. Did you see that stores are supposed to be getting Halo 2 at TRU around 10/26-11/1. Of course they said all stores are NOT to sell them at all until 11/9. I wonder who will break the street date first.

I hate being teased :(

light-blue-yoshi-crying.jpg

atomsk

Party Pooper
Lee-T said:
Yeah same at my store, atomsk. We got 6 Outrun 2 and a bunch of the new PS2. Did you see that stores are supposed to be getting Halo 2 at TRU around 10/26-11/1. Of course they said all stores are NOT to sell them at all until 11/9. I wonder who will break the street date first.

yeah, i remember reading that in the MAP activity for Halo 2. we've only got like... 4 preorders for the game. it doesnt make much sense to send us it that early (considering we dont have much room in the storeroom AS IS)

i mentioned that to a guy i know who works at gamestop, and he was like "well shit, we've got 500+ preorders, and no room to put them anywhere, they better not fucking ship it that early!"

Top Bottom