• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Musashi Samurai Legend screens and interview...

most screens look kinda ugly (poor capturing device probably)

musashi-samurai-legend-20040923084750661.jpg
musashi-samurai-legend-20040923084754582.jpg

musashi-samurai-legend-20040923084747458.jpg

musashi-samurai-legend-20040923084759801.jpg

musashi-samurai-legend-20040923084759207.jpg

more screens
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/682/682859/imgs_1.html

E3 gamplay videos
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/682/682859/vids_1.html

Q/A
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/550/550461p1.html

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
of all the jrpg character design trends i dislike, i think "halter tops on men" is #1.

Alex

The original Musashi was hardly a cool looking character, but seriously, what the fuck?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I'll just repeat...

Cool, so it was present at TGS after all. Good news. :)

I think it looks decent enough...and I don't care much about how it looks anyway, as long as it's fun like Brave Fencer Musashiden.

Kiriku said:
I'll just repeat...

Cool, so it was present at TGS after all. Good news. :)

I think it looks decent enough...and I don't care much about how it looks anyway, as long as it's fun like Brave Fencer Musashiden.

IAWTP

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Miburou said:
BUT IT LOOKS TEH STYLISH?!

No, not really. However, it still looks vastly superior to the train wreck that was Sudeki (where even the TITLE of the damn game was actually a mistake).

Solid

Tetsuya Nomura is the character designer for this game right? The main charater reminds me of Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Miburou

robojimbo said:
Care to elaborate?

Suteki in Japanese means nice or beautiful, so darkx here assumes that they wanted a Japanese title for the game but were too dumb/poor to consult/buy a Japanese dictionary. Or something.

And Nomura did the character designs for the original Brave Fencer, too.

jett

D-Member
Everything but Musashi looks neat. Square should've just gone ahead and give him boobs. Ugh...

The way they've done the outlines is pretty cool, though, like a Disney cartoon.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
robojimbo said:
Care to elaborate?

Well, originally, I believe Climax wanted to simply call the game Suteki, right (which is ironic, considering what the game actually looks like)? I don't recall how it was communicated, but basically, a Microsoft guy wrote down the word incorrectly and pitched it as Sudeki. With MS as the publisher, this name was spread around and before it was noticed by Climax, it had become too late to change it. They simply left it alone, then.

Now, I can't be certain that those details are exact...but that is basically the gist of it. It was a mis-communication between Climax and MS. I believe Climax themselves stated this sometime after the game was released in an interview or blog or something...

Meier

Doom_Bringer said:
most screens look kinda ugly (poor capturing device probably)

Nope, the game just looks like shit in motion. I hadnt seen that much pixellation in a game in.. well, years. It played like shit at E3 -- it literally was IMPOSSIBLE to get hurt. Truly awful in every respect.

Not that it cant be improved, but it has a looooong way to go to be up to snuff.

jett

D-Member
Q: Do you think players want more creative freedom in their games -- ie, creating and building characters, etc.

Yoshimoto: I believe that in an RPG game, the actual concept of a player leveling up is really important. That's what separates RPGs from other games, the player leveling up. I think that player influence is important. In this Musashi, it's shown as the player leveling up with different parameters. If I'm creating an RPG in the future, it will definitely have such player creative features.

JARROWN3D!! Unfortunately, jarrod will never shut up about "Zelda IS AN RPG!!!!!!233!12", no matter what. :p

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
That draw-in distance is shit! WTF, with the extra bold shading, Square? Dark Cloud 2 still employs the best use of cel-shading to date.

Top Bottom