• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MUT |OT| A Maddening obsession

mhs004

What is Madden Ultimate Team?

MUT is a game mode in EA's Madden football which you collect and buy player cards. You use these cards to build a team to compete in online seasons and post seasons against other players doing the same thing.

Sounds fun but how do I buy cards?
By doing certain objectives in the MUT mode you collect coins which is the madden currency. You can either buy card packs with these coins or go to the auction house to barter on or outright buy players. You can also use real money for points to buy packs as well. You also start off with cards, terrible cards to be exact, to start the mode with.

So it's all online?

Mostly yes but there are single player modes and games that help you build up you're coin count and help you practice for the online games. For example there is a mode where you play every team on rookie mode, 2 minute quarters, and if you win you get 1000 coins.

What's the goal
There are 8 divisions in MUT. Two for each difficulty: rookie, pro, all-pro, all madden. You want to win in the online season, advance to the post season, making you go on to the next division. You're goal is to win the Super bowl at the final division.

I've never played MUT before is it hard?

No it isn't. It starts off very easy and with the single player games you can get used to the play style, card collecting, and the mode in general. It does get harder latter on as you face people who get better and better with each division.

There is a madden thread why make this?

For people who have MUT questions or just want to talk about it without their questions and comments being lost in the shuffle.

This isn't football it's handegg

Stop being a attention whore and let us have our fun dammit!!!! You ain't making me laugh m8.

JJP12

So whats everyone's team rated? Mine is 75 at the moment with Ed Reed 81 overall being my best player. I don't see that moving a whole lot anytime soon. MUT is such an addicting mode but I feel that will wear off when I finally have gold players starting at every position.

Xater

So whats everyone's team rated? Mine is 75 at the moment with Ed Reed 81 overall being my best player. I don't see that moving a whole lot anytime soon. MUT is such an addicting mode but I feel that will wear off when I finally have gold players starting at every position.

I have gold players everywhere and I am at a 77 rating. It never stops....

MattDoza

I just did the weekly coin up challenge for the Packers vs Seahawks game and I don't completely understand it. I added the card to the set, but it's a Seahawks card and says I'll get something if they win. I want to be on the flip side of that. Did I goof this up somehow?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Fuck having to do all of those "training camp" games against the cpu. 34 games or something all on 2 min quarters. So glad I finished that and can now start the HUGE grind of the rest of the solo challenges.

ugh...... But i'll withstand the torture because I take it.... Because I'm not a hero.... I'm a silent left guard.... a watchful auctioneer.... a MUT Knight!

lol

Also,

I was playing this guy online in MUT head to head season. He was running no huddle non-stop and it was really difficult to stop him on defense. He ended up taking very late lead with a 2-conversion and after a quick return, I had the ball with 17 seconds left on the clock in the 4th quarter. Probably the best comeback I have ever had in Madden! Here is an awesome video I made for it! LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfea4DUpJTw

JJP12

I managed to get a first round bye in my first season. Two of my wins were from people quitting because I was running the ball well I guess? I've opened around 20-25 packs now and pulled no elite cards. Does anyone know the drop rate or has anybody had any luck pulling elites?

krpiper

Is there a good starter guide? I tried to play FUT but got overwhelmed and this is the first year or so that I am really enjoying Madden so I would like to try this out

Top Bottom