• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My full Mario 64 DS Review is now Live!

Hey guys,

I hope this hasn't already been posted. *crosses fingers*

Anyway, last night I posted my full review of Super Mario 64 DS. Let me know what you think!

Gamerz-Edge Super Mario 64 DS Review

I will try to answer any questions sometime later on when I check back in, but man, am I ever busy! So many reviews to write, so little time! ;)

Hope you like it!

~os

Amir0x

Banned
Haha, someone else posted it earlier.

Anyway, decent review... although personally if control issues were so major as it sounded, I would have scored it a bit lower.

Well, fortunately, the D-Pad almost completely makes up for this set of issues, and the gameplay for everything else (all 36 mini-games) is absolutely flawless!

I think you will come to agree when you get your copy! :)

~os

Amir0x

Banned
Maybe. Although I cannot possibly believe that the d-pad could make up for the fantastic control offered by an analog stick.

No, scratch that, I know it doesn't. Still, the game sounds like a blast and I have it pre-ordered so there's no going back anyway ;)

I know it's hard to believe, but it honestly works well for the most part. The touch screen interface for SM64DS is a disappointment, also, but at least it works when you really need it as well.

So yeah, you fight with the controls occasionally, but overall, and considering the mini-games, I would say it's above average! :)

~os

lexi

Banned
I've played Mario 64 with a d-pad/keyboard before, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, I'm sure it will work well enough on the DS. Will find out Sunday anyway.

Mumu, indeed you can, even with the D-Pad, as there is a separate run button for walk/run control when you're using it.

It really is sufficient for the most part... though I know that's hard to believe.

~os

Top Bottom