• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

judhudson

I know this may be a stupid question to ask, but would anyone know when (or if) this show will hit Netflix (or take a guess at it at least). Kinda interested in seeing what it is about, but only have Netflix and basic cable.

judhudson said:
I know this may be a stupid question to ask, but would anyone know when (or if) this show will hit Netflix (or take a guess at it at least). Kinda interested in seeing what it is about, but only have Netflix and basic cable.
I'm not sure about if they will do Netflix, but the whole thing is on Youtube. You can also buy the episodes on iTunes.

Theonik

AdawgDaFAB said:
You say that as if it is outside of her power to do it...
Also, Pinkie could beat all of the ones Tera mentioned in a race. She'd use her 4th wall powers for super speed.
She'd hop to the end of the frame and come out from the back of the frame right before the finish line, finishing in record time!
Owlowiscious said:
My parents bought me a Genesis for christmas when I asked for a SNES :(
They did you a favour I say.
DeadPhoenix said:
Really want to try doing this sometime...
soawesome.jpg
I must do this. I MUST.

coldvein

Banned
somebody has tagged "pinkie pie" with hearts by it in hot pink spraypaint in several places on my block. that's MLP related, right?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Applejack's response to haters.

no1ev.png

coldvein said:
somebody has tagged "pinkie pie" with hearts by it in hot pink spraypaint in several places on my block. that's MLP related, right?

Yes it is.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
coldvein said:
yep.

btw, when it changes to 'pinkamina', leave town.

Pancakes said:
1. Twilight, Fluttershy, Apple Jack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Luna, Celestia, CMC
2. Background characters
999. Trixie, Snips, Snails, Diamond Tiara, Gilda

I used to hate Trixie, but for some reason Equestria Daily's morbid fasscination with her flipped me.

Ellis Kim said:
Are people seriously ranking again? :\

Fluttershy is best pony

And thanks to a crashed hard drive, I lost the data from my "scientific" survey ofPonyGAF during the offseason! I AM POWERLESS TO STOP THE ONSLAUGHT

I love her design but dislike her personality. Voice was also not really what I expected either, not that it's bad. If she comes back in S2 I'll probably warm up to her since she got served her humble pie. The WTF Collective 2 vid made me love her more than I thought I would, :lol.

Gilda is the only one in S1 I completely dislike.

AdawgDaFAB said:
I love her design but dislike her personality. Voice was also not really what I expected either, not that it's bad. If she comes back in S2 I'll probably warm up to her since she got served her humble pie. The WTF Collective 2 vid made me love her more than I thought I would, :lol.

Gilda is the only one in S1 I completely dislike.

Who was she in WTF Collective 2, again? MC Knows Too Many Facts About Bees?

Pandaman said:
so use search? >_>

edit:
Fluttershy: 166
Pinkie Pie: 155
Rainbow Dash: 146
Twilight Sparkle: 141
Rarity: 131
Applejack: 78 AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29562275&postcount=5554

You didn't include my awesome analysis!

Here's how the votes broke down. The votes had everyone rank their ponies from first to sixth. Firstplace got 6 points, second 5, and so on. In the table, first place votes are listed first and on down the line.

Twilight: 4/8/8/9/8/2
Rainbow Dash: 12/3/7/5/6/6
Applejack: 1/2/3/4/9/20
Rarity: 4/6/6/11/8/4
Pinkie: 6/9/11/6/5/2
Fluttershy: 12/11/4/4/3/5
Some interesting tidbits from the statistics:

-Rainbow Dash's 3rd place finish caught me by surprise. She was tied with Fluttershy for the most first-place votes, but apparently doesn't have anywhere near as many people who have her as their almost favorite. Fluttershy's 11-3 margin in second place voting was key to her success. Pinkie claiming a 9-3 lead in second-place votes and 11-7 advantage in third place votes explains her vaulting the favored pegasus, as well.

-Interestingly, those top two front-runners also generated a bit of hate. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had the second and third most number of last-place votes. Twilight and Pinkie tied for the least number of last-place votes, at two apiece, making them much more competitive with those two than they would be otherwise.

-Despite Fluttershy's eventual victory, the vote was incredibly close, Applejack excepted. 4 of the six ponies had an average position between 3rd and 4th. Fluttershy's average position was 2.8, and Applejack's was 5th.

-A little over half the ballots had Applejack in last place.

-No seriously, Applejack got rolled. There was a greater difference between Applejack and the 5th place pony than there was between 5th place and 1st place. Rarity outgained AJ by 53 points, while Fluttershy only beat Rarity by 35.

Ramma2

You know what? If it wasn't for one certain pony, we probably wouldn't even have this show to watch. Only one pony is responsible for getting 5 other ponies their cutie marks. Only 1 pony has, on numerous occasions, saved the lives of mane and supporting cast ponies.

Only 1 pony.

The best pony.

The avatar says it all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Like I said, it's mostly due to the fact that she lacks character-centric episodes that focuses on her save for Applebucks Season.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jogarrr said:
That list looks pretty nice. Rarity got beaten by Twi though? That's unfortunate.
raity is the character everyone expects to hate, some people just take a bit longer to realize she subverts that and is wonderful in her own right.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Skiptastic said:
I don't have cable so I'm probably SOL on watching this show. But I will look forward to seeing the random shit in this thread.
youtube!

ponygaf watches the episodes together on saturday nights.

Skiptastic said:
I don't have cable so I'm probably SOL on watching this show. But I will look forward to seeing the random shit in this thread.
The episodes are on Youtube, and we're planning on having some synch streaming going on for the second season. No cable? No problem.

Rickenslacker said:
The episodes are on Youtube, and we're planning on having some synch streaming going on for the second season. No cable? No problem.
Might be able to enjoy then. The one account I used to watch through Season 1 had all the vids removed. :(

If I had art skills, I'd make a My Little Pika: Sleeping is Magic avatar to celebrate the occasion. :p

Pandaman said:
its an earth pony. You wouldn't acknowledge your friends pet hamster, would you?
Pinkie Pie is an earth pony and was the only one who could stop the swarm of the century. Celestia is basically just an overprivledged model, haven't seen anything impressive whatsoever from her power-wise besides the ability to look nice. Fail.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hexadecimalt said:
Pinkie Pie is an earth pony and was the only one who could stop the swarm of the century. Celestia is basically just an overprivledged model, haven't seen anything impressive whatsoever from her power-wise besides the ability to look nice. Fail.
i agree, celestias time will come and a new lunar republic will rule equestria.

as for pinkie pie, she created equestria, she's hardly an earth pony. >_>

Acerac

Banned
DeadPhoenix said:
Really want to try doing this sometime...
Pizza+Hut+Lol.jpg
Holy shit. I don't care if it's real, that's fucking hilarious!
Pandaman said:
so use search? >_>

edit:
Fluttershy: 166
Pinkie Pie: 155
Rainbow Dash: 146
Twilight Sparkle: 141
Rarity: 131
Applejack: 78 AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29562275&postcount=5554
She should be lower. I only voted for 5 ponies. She got last place points as charity.

Ookami-kun said:
Like I said, it's mostly due to the fact that she lacks character-centric episodes that focuses on her save for Applebucks Season.
Fall weather friends has her as one of the two main characters and is THE reason I dislike her so much. I'm not sure more episodes would do her any favors.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
While I did vote for AJ last in the scientific poll, I don't hate her character. In fact, I really enjoy it. But how can she compete with Fluttershy and Rarity and the rest of them? For every other character, I can think of a wide range of memorable quotes and scenes. For Applejack...not so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom