• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I think we all gotta settle on Celestia for this one. With her OP magic, she can theoretically will the rest of Equistria back into existence.

....right?

kliklik

Banned
Nishastra said:
Pinkie Pie is the correct choice, as she's the only real pony anyway. The others are just figments of her imagination.

That's cheating! It's like getting three wishes and making one of your wishes "more wishes".

ahoyhoy said:
As soon as we get a bunch of monkey's together and reenact the Civil War!

For charity!
Okay that's it, i'm busting out an old Simpsons VHS, too many great moments are swimming through my head that must be answered.

As for ponies I did just catch "look before you sleep" on tv, Twilights enthusiasm towards everything in her rulebook does amuse me. A better episode than I remember it being.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™ said:
Y2Kev can play the part of Cromwell.

Pffft

This isn't about your silly English Civil War. Arguing about when tea time should be etc. etc.

This is a war fought by Burnside's and Stonewall's and Sherman's and other badass names like that.

kliklik

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Pffft

This isn't about your silly English Civil War. Arguing about when tea time should be etc. etc.

You're one to criticise. Your entire War of Independence and all that grand-standing was just over the price of tea! You held a tea party in boston, everyone showed up, and after tea time, you declared independence.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
kliklik said:
You're one to criticise. Your entire War of Independence and all that grand-standing was just over the price of tea! You held a tea party in boston, everyone showed up, and after tea time, you declared independence.

...after which we abolished tea and teatime, for we understood the awesome corruptible power tea brings with it.

Don't think you can leave out crucial bits of history to try and win an argument, sir!

OMG Aero

kliklik said:
no, kill her first. =P
S4wOu.jpg

Narag

ahoyhoy said:
...after which we abolished tea and teatime, for we understood the awesome corruptible power tea brings with it.

Don't think you can leave out crucial bits of history to try and win an argument, sir!
I'm drinking tea right now. I must be a traitor.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
EatChildren said:
I've put in a request to execute order sixty-six.

No ponies.
Can we just use "humans" as a code-word for "ponies"?

I mean, it's not like we haven't done it before, with all those art pieces... You know the ones.

And you can pretend you don't know anything about it, right?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
CHEEZMO™ said:
Shouldn't Applejack be Greed/Avarice, what with her obsession with selling apples and making moniez?

Well technically she only wants the money to fix up her farm and help her granny get a new hip. Why do you guys hate AJ so much?

Adelor Lyon said:
I've been watching this one get longer and longer on ED, but I wasn't overly interested in it because I've never played any Fallout game. As far as the "can of worms" comment, I've not read a lot of fan fiction across my interests because its quality is often so spotty and it requires a time investment to figure out whether it's worth reading further, whereas good or crappy artwork can be determined in seconds. I've found MLP:FIM's fan fiction selection, however, has been absolutely stellar in comparison. This fandom is bringing the best out of the creatives, and almost everything I've read so far has been quite enjoyable (Having ED filter a lot of stuff with its star ratings also helps).

I'm following about a dozen different incomplete stories right now and I've enjoyed quite a few complete ones. My favorite is still the one I posted about in the previous thread, The Pony Psychology Series, but there have been so many other newer ones out there that are totally worth spending some late nights (and early mornings) reading.

I'm not a big fan of reading about OC ponies (I'd rather explore alternate takes on the characters I already know and love), but I'll definitely give your suggestion a try now, Aero. :)

The good news is that Equestria Daily does a good job of filtering out the crap. Pretty much everything that gets past them is at least competently written, at least.

CHEEZMO™ said:
Shouldn't Applejack be Greed/Avarice, what with her obsession with selling apples and making moniez?

Nah, envy makes the most sense. She jelly she doesn't have wings =P

Narag

CHEEZMO™ said:
But a king needs his kingdom.
He'll be like burgess Meredith in Time enough at last. With the ponies gone, he'll finally have time to duel. Until he spills his deck and the wind carries the cards away if course.

G-Fex

you hate me but you know I"m right. Pony gaf must not go on lest it goes against the Fexullati.

You haven't heard the last from me

Myke Greywolf said:
Say what you want about earth ponies, but I bet four pegasi would never be able to pull a full train.
To me that always seemed like the breakdown for the 3 types.
Unicorn = Magic
Pegasus = Flight
Earth = Strength

However:

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Myke Greywolf said:
Say what you want about earth ponies, but I bet four pegasi would never be able to pull a full train.
holding a moving truck in midair > friction of a train on rails.

earth ponies disappoint as usual.

Pandaman said:
holding a moving truck in midair > friction of a train on rails.

earth ponies disappoint as usual.
Yet Pandapony is one. No wonder Belle shuns all his advances! DUN DUN DUNNNN!

However, I never understood that. You have 2 Pegasi in front almost stationary and the "truck" just stays perfectly level. Gravity should dictate that they would need to be in forward movement to keep it stable.

There has to be some cloud based materials being employed to keep pegasus vehicles in mid air. There's no way Fluttershy's wagon would stay level with the way it is built and used. There has to be some upward force (Torque actually) on the wagon itself.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Captain Fish said:
There has to be some cloud based materials being employed to keep pegasus vehicles in mid air. There's no way Fluttershy's wagon would stay level with the way it is built and used. There has to be some upward force (Torque actually) on the wagon itself.
Well, there you go. The Captain delivers, as usual. *brohoof*

And if you want to take it any further, just remember: It's magic, we ain't gotta explain shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom