• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

h2Kxu.jpg

$200

Banned
So um, I've recently got into this series (thanks to Jappleack) although all I have watched are small clips on Youtube and parodies.

What are some legitimate ways to watch all the episodes in Australia (Hubworld is US only)? There's a DVD on Amazon but with only 4 or 5 episodes. Is there one for the full complete season 1?

Edit: Didn't realise there's a community thread; posted my question there.

akira28

OG ponies were abominations.

I used to think they were cute, but there is no comparison. I even want to demand that Hasbro revamp the toy to look more like the show.

Sweetie Belle looks like some kind of artificial creature from hell. A sad pony simulacrum without a soul.

Theonik

OG ponies were abominations.

I used to think they were cute, but there is no comparison. I even want to demand that Hasbro revamp the toy to look more like the show.

Sweetie Belle looks like some kind of artificial creature from hell. A sad pony simulacrum without a soul.
It sort of fits if you have been watching friendship is witchcraft.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG New Upcoming Episode Summary

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/episode-announcement-its-about-time.html

TIME TRAVEL!!!!!

If they were going to give the Doctor Whooves fans a nod, this would be it. I also find it funny that this title is shared with a Phineas and Ferb episode which have had Doctor Who references in their titles (Don't Even Blink and Are You My Mummy?)

Also Tara Strong tweeted about being part of an MLP parody sketch on MADTV this monday
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/mad-tv-pony-parody-happening-on-monday.html

I want this to be a MA Larson episode, just because it will have a high chance of just being an homage to a Star Trek episode.

I want this to be a MA Larson episode, just because it will have a high chance of just being an homage to a Star Trek episode.
The question is, which one? I can't think of too many episodes involving
deliberately telling your past self something
, although bear in mind I only have a modicum of TOS and a damn lot of TNG to go off of.

Hopefully not something dumb like
"Time Squared"
, I never understood that one.
"Cause and Effect"
could be fun, though.

BDGAME

.gifs a plenty from this episode:

spjqU.gif

pgJ6v.gif

COX3P.gif

PLEASE! Someone tell me I can use these gifs in a non-related pony topic.

With the new generation of consoles coming this year, this gifs will be very useful.

To tell the truth, any kind of discussion can utilize those.

Sadsic

Hey is Smile going to be in the next episode? Has that been confirmed yet? I rrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaallly wanna hear the full version of that song.

Nothing about "Smile" has been confirmed, as far as I know. I thought they'd use it for "Baby Cakes", honestly, but I suppose it could work for "A Friend in Deed" too.

To be fair, I deliberately skipped on listening to the song so I'd be more pleasantly surprised going in. Outside of that one really sappy song at the end of "Hearth's Warming Eve", I don't think I've disliked a song yet this season - and the ones in "May the Best Pet Win!" and "Hearts and Hooves Day" are probably some of the strongest in the entire series, too...

Sadsic

Nothing about "Smile" has been confirmed, as far as I know. I thought they'd use it for "Baby Cakes", honestly, but I suppose it could work for "A Friend in Deed" too.

To be fair, I deliberately skipped on listening to the song so I'd be more pleasantly surprised going in. Outside of that one really sappy song at the end of "Hearth's Warming Eve", I don't think I've disliked a song yet this season - and the ones in "May the Best Pet Win!" and "Hearts and Hooves Day" are probably some of the strongest in the entire series, too...

well im a bit of a musician and i really wanted to remix Smile, but it's taking to long to appear in an episode >_<

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
PLEASE! Someone tell me I can use these gifs in a non-related pony topic.

With the new generation of consoles coming this year, this gifs will be very useful.

To tell the truth, any kind of discussion can utilize those.

A few more you can attempt to use, though as was said before, do so with caution.

i5vDH.gif

S3Xoz.gif

svwJV.gif

The one with the song. But seriously,
"A Friend in Deed"
, in which
Cranky Doodle Donkey turns down Pinkie Pie's request for lifelong friendship, and Pinkie tries to figure out why, or how to change his mind

blamite

Which episode is coming up this week?
A Friend in Deed
Pinkie Pie tries to turn Cranky Doodle Donkey, the only creature to refuse her friendship.

edit: whoops, didn't see there was a new page.

I know everyone thinks it'll include the song, but I really don't think it will. We'll see.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
We love Ponies a lot.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...n-favorite-mare-a-thon-boosts-the-hub/120230/

(Los Angeles, Ca.) Outstanding performances for The Hub's five-hour "My Little Pony" Fan Favorites Mare-A-Thon (Saturday, February 11, 6-11 a.m. ET), including the record-setting performance of an all-new original Valentine's Day-themed episode, powered The Hub TV Network to another strong week and continued year-over-year audience gains in total day and prime time. In addition, The Hub's original program series continued to significantly outperform year-ago time periods.

Capped by the record-setting performance - the best in the history of the series -- of a new original Valentine's Day-themed episode, Saturday's "My Little Pony" Fan Favorites Mare-A-Thon (6-11 a.m. ET) significantly outperformed year-ago time period performances with impressive gains among Kids 6-11 (+165%), Kids 2-11 (+160%), Women 18-49 (+233%), Adults 18-49 (+168%), Persons 2+ (+174%) and Households (+178%).

The series' record-setting new episode, "Hearts and Hooves Day," (10:30-11 a.m. ET) delivered 316,000 Kids 2-11, making it the best-ever performance in the history of "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic," and the second highest audience delivery of any program in the history of The Hub.

The Hub also saw strength among its popular key programs including "R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series," "Family Game Night," " Dan Vs." and "Goosebumps."

For the week in total day, The Hub delivered significant year-over-year audience gains among key demographics including Kids 6-11 (+21%), Kids 2-11 (+50%), Persons 2+ (+25%) and Households (+20%).

For the week in prime time (Monday-Sunday, 8-11 p.m. ET), The Hub delivered significant gains among Kids 6-11 (+69%), Kids 2-11 (+82%), Persons 2+ (+25%) and Households (+19%).

Daypart Performance (all times ET)

In Total Day (Monday-Sunday, 6 a.m. - 6 a.m.), The Hub delivered year-to-year gains among Kids 6-11 (+21%, 17,000), Kids 2-11 (+50%, 36,000), Persons 2+ (+25%, 86,000) and Households (+20%, 61,000).

In Prime (Monday - Sunday, 8-11 p.m.), The Hub delivered year-to-year gains among Kids 6-11 (+69%, 27,000), Kids 2-11 (+82%, 40,000), Persons 2+ (+25%, 119,000) and Households (+19%, 80,000).

Programming Highlights (all times ET)

With 316,000 Kids 2-11, the Saturday 10:30 a.m. new episode of "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" delivered the largest audience of Kids 2-11 in the history of the series and became the second highest audience delivery for any program in the history of The Hub.

Saturday's "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" Fan Favorite Mare-A-Thon (6-11 a.m) delivered year-to-year gains among Kids 6-11 (+165%, 61,000), Kids 2-11 (+160%, 135,000), Women 18-49 (+233%, 40,000), Adults 18-49 (+168%, 75,000), Persons 2+ (+174%, 236,000) and Households (+178%, 136,000).

Top Bottom