• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony iOS/Android Mobile Game |OT| Ponyville in your Pocket

Deft Beck

Let's not have a gigantic divisive thread again.

The 3D models look a bit off to me. Maybe it's the cel-shading on the edges of the lower-poly models.

BDGAME

Ok, my curiosity was big and I ask the iphone 4s from my wife to try this game.

After play, I'm really surprised, it's a good game. For a free game, it's a lot better than I imagined.

I hope they fix the android version of this. I want to play it in my smartphone.

s_mirage

Looks like this little game is getting some well earned hate:

http://www.cnet.com.au/gameloft-my-little-pony-and-rampant-greed-339342493.htm

For those interested, among other things, looks like you need around 3500 gems to finish the last (non skip-able) quests of the game.

They've got a pretty good point. The gems are obtained so infrequently and in such small numbers that you really have no choice other than to pay to unlock characters. Grinding would take so long as to be impractical given that huge numbers of gems are used to purchase a variety of characters and items, but there is no real way to farm them. Pretty cynical of Gameloft considering a fair amount of players will be young fans of the show, and a mistake in terms of the long term health of the game unless prices change.

Parfait

w4u6i.jpg
Its so true

Xzeon

Banned
yo you can get this shit on your Amazon Kindle.

fuckin rad.

the tutorial moves quick, the game moves really fast, the graphics look nice.

lol at
fuckin Nightmare Moon coming back though, ok sure yeah shes back and taken all the land for no reason.

havent gotten very far, but the flying mini game is kinda cool. except i got like a hyper boost thing and rammed into the black clouds and i was like WTF IS GOING ON and then it was over.

the ball catching game is meh.

good thing this is free, if i paid like 5 bucks or more i would be pissed.

Rubius

Ponies are like dogs and cats; you just love them naturally.

I'm scared of animals. Except the ones as big or nearly as big as me. Ponies are okay in my book.

Never watched MLP, but I might pick up the Season 1 when it comes out. Look like a cool watch. Its no different than watching something like Azumanga Daioh in my book.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm scared of animals. Except the ones as big or nearly as big as me. Ponies are okay in my book.

Never watched MLP, but I might pick up the Season 1 when it comes out. Look like a cool watch. Its no different than watching something like Azumanga Daioh in my book.

It's also on netflix.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Does anyone actually like the real time city building games? Huge scams in my opinion. I strongly prefer things from Kairosoft when it comes to town building.

The pony game is a blatant scam. The cost of some of the ponies with the exploit are ridiculous. (My roommate plays the game)

That's a good comparison. I ended up watching the show mostly because of my roommate and it's an enjoyable watch. I'm not huge into it, but it's surprisingly funny.

...in bed?

you want some of this sweet brony pie huh baby.

*woosh*

Xzeon

Banned
The pony game is a blatant scam. The cost of some of the ponies with the exploit are ridiculous. (My roommate plays the game)

That's a good comparison. I ended up watching the show mostly because of my roommate and it's an enjoyable watch. I'm not huge into it, but it's surprisingly funny.

*woosh*

no pie for you.

Xzeon

Banned
wrote up a small review.

its fucking Farmville with My Little Pony.

it was cool to start out with, but it gets repetitive pretty quick, and then everything slows down a lot, taking forever to do quests. the other characters also take forever to level up as well. i also dont like the skip gems, if you have money you can buy skip gems and skip half the fucking game, seems stupid and pointless. theres also a fuck ton of land and characters to unlock, expect to be playing this game for a long LONG time if you plan on beating it.

Xzeon

Banned

oh god lol, its all true.

i prolly wont even make it to Dashie, the game takes way too long to do shit. ill get bored soon.

also i spent all my gems on skipping missions and im not paying money for more.

oh well, it was free and fun for a few days.

Xzeon

Banned
Just noticed that Rarity is 90 fucking skip gems. 90. I'm super irratated right now. If you didn't use any skip gems would you even have 90 by the time you got to Rarity? I was really into this game but now ive just lost all interest in it. I'm not paying 10 dollars for more gems. You have to p much buy 3 pones with real money to beat the game and that's bullshit. Fuck you Gameloft.

Xzeon

Banned
I have like 10000000 Applejack shards. How the fuck do I get the other element shards? Also the price for items and ponies is crazy high. If you don't have irl money this game is pointless. It makes you buy all this other stupid shit so your constantly broke when u need to get important things. I gave this game a good rating and I wish diddnt.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
I have like 10000000 Applejack shards. How the fuck do I get the other element shards? Also the price for items and ponies is crazy high. If you don't have irl money this game is pointless. It makes you buy all this other stupid shit so your constantly broke when u need to get important things. I gave this game a good rating and I wish diddnt.

Different stores give different element shards randomly. You can donate the shards to the respective element statue for a small bit bonus.

The game plays much differently on my HTC Glacier (A 3-ish old year phone) Then my recently aquired Note 2. Obstructions and parasprites appear much more often on my Note 2. The cynical side of me thinks that the game is throwing more obstructions at people with better specs on their phone (And thus is more likely to spring for the pay to play model)

Also the ponies don't move on my Glacier, which makes them look odd when you rearrange their houses and they appear stuck in a wall.

Top Bottom