• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My name is Alan Wake. I'm a writer. |OT|

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Very nice thread.
If I greatly dislike survival horror games, but generally like solid third shooters; where exactly does that leave Alan Wake on my to buy/dismiss list?

Should've gone with the Comfy Couch title...

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to playing this on my friend's 360, since there's no more PC version. :p

soco

Mejilan said:
Very nice thread.
If I greatly dislike survival horror games, but generally like solid third shooters; where exactly does that leave Alan Wake on my to buy/dismiss list?

i think it's a lot closer to a solid third person shooter than a survival horror game.

maybe think of it as a thriller/adventure?

I wasnt interested on the game all these years but I watched some videos last weekend and now I pre-ordered the game @ Amazon :lol

I'm still not sold on the shadow creaturesTaken
(still sounds and looks stupid to me)
, but I'm sold on the psychological horror aspect of the game.

Atmospheric creepiness ftw :D

mittelos

Great OP, I think it's just right in terms of size.

Watched the third webisode, Hype! May 18 still feels
too far away.

JoeBoy101

Looking forward to the game...

buuuuut....

I thought official threads had to wait until a week out? Isn't release date May 18th?

EDIT: BTW, OP, that is one sexy avatar.

Dyno

I'm very intrigued by this game but I haven't seen enough about it.

Does the shooting play a major roll and is it solid, like Uncharted?

Is the survival horror aspect strong, like Resident Evil?

derFeef

Dyno said:

Hm, yes and yes? The recent Gametrailers walkthrough videos give a good image of the game I think. Spoilery of course.

Tonza

From metacritic:

The average user rating for this game is 1.9 (out of 10) based on 56 User Votes

:lol

Anyways, great thread. Love the character portraits.
Hopefully Zavvi will be faster with shipment on AW CE than SSFVI. (which I still have not received)

Kishgal

Banned
JoeBoy101 said:
Looking forward to the game...

buuuuut....

I thought official threads had to wait until a week out? Isn't release date May 18th?

EDIT: BTW, OP, that is one sexy avatar.
It's generally accepted that threads for big games can be posted two weeks in advance.

jedimike

May 18th is a great day for gamers (US) with two potential GOTY candidates being released. I initially couldn't choose between RDR and AW, so I said screw it and ordered both.

I'm really anxious to play AW to see how this whole episode thing works out. I'm not entirely sold yet on the gameplay, but the story looks amazing and for the first time ever, I'll probably be buying the paperback tie-ins.

BTW, great job on the official thread!

careksims

Got the Limited Edition pre-ordered awhile back on Amazon. I know nothing about the story, but I did see the that video of AW at last year's E3 and that's about it. Can't wait for this baby.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
NIN90 said:
They have to be. They are 720p.
Wait, I thought this game was in 720p? It's not???

Ah well, I'm sure Remedy has already responded to this. Anyone have some quotes? Someone get some pixel counting pics in here, stat!

Joking aside, awesome OP Bruce! :)

Game has a 1.9 user review on Metacritic. What the hell :lol

Anyway, can't wait... Going to be hard having Red Dead and this so close together but I guess I'll manage somehow.

pakkit

Banned
razielim said:
Don't have a 360 but the game looks awesome and great OP!
Yep, I'm loving the quirky, deeply narrative games this generation is seeing nowadays (Heavy Rain, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, and now this).

GreekWolf

Dyno said:

Did you ever play the original Silent Hill? Do you remember the gameplay mechanics and the atmosphere?

Alan Wake is a deliberate, methodical thriller, like Silent Hill. It's not an action game like Uncharted.

FrankT

Beautiful OP. Cannot wait. Looking forwad to the commentary and OST from the CE. This and RDR on 18th are going to make for one heck of a start for summer.

IGN review up at 11:00 pst tonight.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
pakkit said:
Yep, I'm loving the quirky, deeply narrative games this generation is seeing nowadays (Heavy Rain, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, and now this).
No Deadly Premonition love? ;)

BruceLeeRoy said:
2z4fhau.gif
METACRITIC | GOTY
If there were a game version of Twin Peaks, it would be Alan Wake
Now I wish I had a 360:(

derFeef

LiK said:
Garnett Lee's tweet just moments ago:
hohoho, I sense good things :D

I like the sound of that, I am ready for a thrill ride. All games recently were a bit verbose, so this comes in the right time.

Arucardo

That metacritic user rating is probably the work of angry PC gamers :lol . I should really get this game, got the Pelit magazine in the mail today but I haven't had time yet to read it.

Rat Salad

Banned
MAY 18th for the U.S.?! I thought it would be releasingthis week since supposedly there are early releases hitting retail? Guess its just as well,I can work on my 5th season of Forza III I guess.

Nice official thread,pics are like a curvy blond with HUGE natural boobs,pure sex.

Top Bottom