• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My TF2 Server

SexConker

Banned
Love Me Sexy

Stats: http://hlx10.leetstats.com/hlstats.php

●West Coast, despite what various ip location lookup tools may say.
●Possibly moving to Chicago. (Central)
●Alltalk is off.
●Voting is enabled 45 seconds into the match. (Will limit abuse.)
&#9679;Use your mic! Unless you're < 16 years old. Seriously, we hate that shit.
&#9679;No donations. Ever.
&#9679;It'll be here for the long term.

Let Me Know If You Want A Reserved Slot
Just send me your Steam ID or tell me if you see me in the server.

Map Downloads Redirect To My Webserver
Though it can still be slow. If you want to get in quick, grab the custom maps you don't have from http://waitillfixit.com/tf2/ . Download accelerators work well with my webserver.

Currently testing with http://ic.ucsb.edu/~conker/tf2/
Let me know if map downloads (in game) fail, or are slow!
(You can still manually download, in advance, from either location.)

Standard Map Cycle: (Random order)
Code:
tc_hydro
cp_well
cp_granary
ctf_well
cp_gravelpit
ctf_2fort
cp_dustbowl
cp_badlands

Custom Maps: (Available with "nominate <mapname>", "rtv", "votemap(s) <mapname(s)>")

ctf_convoy_v2 has been temporarily removed due to crashing the server.
Any ideas?

Code:
ctf_aesoprock_b4
ctf_casbah
ctf_chaos_b2
ctf_crossunder
cp_warehouse_b8
cp_warpath
duel_mach
MARIO_KART
cp_castle3
cp_steel_test13

bw_bloodletter at hotmail dot com (or [CUBE]bw_bloodletter on Steam) for comments/suggestions.

Capndrake

200+ ping for me, just like Won (And probably others in Europe), so I don't think I'm going to play on this one, sorry. Unless of course it goes down once you stabilize it.

1-D_FTW

I was hoping you'd go with a central server, but I'll definitely give it a shot. And even if the ping isn't that great, at least play some pyro if gaffers are on it.

SexConker

Banned
Once I get the config all set up (next week or two I guess) I may see if I can move it to central or something.
I had a good ping to one of their locations in Chicago.

I'm NOT calling this a GAF server - I think Icy actually got into some shit over that (he was using logos and stuff at first, and some mods didn't like that, I don't know).

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Awesome server. Not used to the ping being that high but still fun.

I hope morons don't abuse RTV though. It was really annoying on Icy's server having the map changed 20 seconds into a round.

SexConker

Banned
Mine's set up to allow yo to vote on the next map, but it doesn't actually switch it until the current map is over I think.

I I think I'll keep it that way for maps that are in the rotation (which is yet to be decided) and then allow immediate switching for maps that aren't in the normal rotation (like Mario Kart).
Or something.

1-D_FTW

The vote was weird. It called a vote, Dustbowl got the necessary 7 votes, and then later another vote was called asking what we wanted to do: Extend the map, or choose another map. And Dustbowl wasn't an option in that second vote. I was being shot while I voted, but I'm 99 percent certain it wasn't there:D

SexConker

Banned
Edit: Anyone know of an easy way to make the server play a sound for people when they join? Too lazy to dig through and look it up, but I want to add "Love me Sexy"...

The way it WAS set up allowed for a manual vote in the middle of a match.
I set it to NOT trigger a next map at the end of voting (so people weren't dicks).

But the auto voting at the end of th emap was overriding that, so it made it pointless.

I've gotten rid of the stupid stock ads.
I've made it so rock the vote changes the map after 60 seconds (if a map wins).
I've made the rotation random, from:

cp_warehouse_b8
tc_hydro
cp_well
cp_granary
cp_dustbowl
cp_gravelpit
ctf_2fort
cp_warpath
duel_mach
MARIO_KART
cp_castle3
cp_badlands
ctf_aesoprock_b4
ctf_casbah
ctf_chaos_b2
ctf_convoy_v2
ctf_crossunder

You can nominate maps for voting (nominate, or votemap or votemaps).
And I've ripped out sb_industry because it's crap (it can still be manually voted for).

Oh, and setting it to show a max of 22 (instead of 24) didn't make much sense.
You can't join if it's at 22 (because it thinks it's full) unless an admin's on to open a slot.
So I'll live with the 22/24 display, and people getting kicked when joining.

Oh well.

Twig

Banned
SexConker said:
Oh, and setting it to show a max of 22 (instead of 24) didn't make much sense.
You can't join if it's at 22 (because it thinks it's full) unless an admin's on to open a slot.
So I'll live with the 22/24 display, and people getting kicked when joining.

Oh well.
Aw. I know at least one server that does it somehow. Baron's Pub. I frequently see 23 or 24/22 people on that server. Well I did a while ago, it's not really populated that often these days.

That's a shame. ):
Ysiadmihi said:
Awesome server. Not used to the ping being that high but still fun.

I hope morons don't abuse RTV though. It was really annoying on Icy's server having the map changed 20 seconds into a round.
Is it possible to disable rtv until five or ten minutes into the map? Just a thought.

SexConker

Banned
Renamed it to
Love Me Sexy - GAF West Coast

(Also threw in 2 mp3's by the delicious Jackie Moon...)

Oh - and I set the delay before rtv to 45 seconds, not 120.
(Figured 45 was enough - waiting for players is 30. Can adjust if there are problems)

1-D_FTW

If you're gonna have that many customs, you're gonna have auto-downloads right? Otherwise it'll just empty the server.

We had some good games going yesterday on Cheeto's server and it switched to one of his customs and it went from full to 4 players. When I finally rejoined, some people claimed you could enable auto-downloads by editing a setting, but I've downloaded plenty of custom maps before without problems.

Twig

Banned
Firestorm said:
That's right east coast. this is the ping we played with!
You should go with the GAF tag if mods are okay with it.
Yeah but East coast is more important than West coast so it stands to reason that WE should have the better ping at all times!

SexConker

Banned
bw_blodletter actually

old old old clan tag for black and white (bw)

Yeah - auto downloads for maps are being pushed through my webserver, which is kinda slow, but not too bad. MP3s I use are being pushed by the server.

SexConker

Banned
Convoy 2 rocks.
So many memories.
Play now!

Yes, Central would be a good compromise.
I may move it to Chicago.
Dunno yet.

zoku88

TheOneGuy said:
Yeah but East coast is more important than West coast so it stands to reason that WE should have the better ping at all times!
QFT. I propose moving it to the east, so that the most important people have the best time playing :p

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Thanks Conker for stepping up and setting everyone up with another server!

I don't have any probs with custom maps, but I think we should stick with a default map rotation with customs on rtv.

And another vote for a move to Chicago.

notsol337

marked forever
Mario Kart is the best fuck around map ever! <3

Also, standard rotation with customs in rtv is a good idea.

SexConker

Banned
Ok - Alltalk will stay off.

For voting and rotation:

If I use the auto vote at the end of each round, it will pull from mapvotes.ini 4 random(?) maps to vote for. Same for manual rtv.

I'll have to turn off (essentially) the auto vote at the end of each round if I want to keep it on a standard rotation. (Or, if I made mapvotes.ini contain only standard maps, people woul dhave to know I had, and then use nominate for, a certain map).

I think I'll turn off the autovoting at the end of each round, and enable a standard/mostly standard rotation.

Twig

Banned
It might also help to have a list of the maps available when players first join the server. Not everyone who plays there will be a GAF member. o:

1-D_FTW

Is there any way to get on the reserve list? I had TF2 crash to the desktop and when I went to join back 10 minutes later, it was at 23 and I got kicked for a reserve slot.

SexConker

Banned
I don't know what shit the bed means, but what's wrong with Convoy?
People don't like it?

I know a lot of people don't HAVE it, so it requires them to download it. The webserver I'm using is a bit slow (not HORRIBLE, but when 18 people need to grab a 30 meg file at once it can be bad).

I think I can use some space I have at my university.
Anyone up for helping me test this tonight?

Alright - set it up.
Someone hop on and rtv to a custom map you don't have.
(Use nominate or votemap - just rtv will pick 5 random maps I think.)

Let me know if the download works, and how long it took (also tell me what map, so I can see the size and estimate a speed).

SexConker

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
I mean, it messes up the server. It seems to crash for a few minutes then comes back up as Hydro.

Well damn - I'll disable it for now then.
Can someone check this out on the google machine? (See if it's a map issue?)

SexConker

Banned
Going to add CP_Steel later (today?).

Download speed from the new webspace is about triple.
About 1:10 to download Chaos 2 (28 MB).
Not bad.

Twig

Banned
I don't know what shit the bed means, but what's wrong with Convoy?
LOW CEILINGS LIMIT TRICK JUMPS ARGH

But technical problems. I remember there were problems with it on Icy's server, too. Who knows!

fallout

Thanks for putting up the server. Just finished some intense gravelpit games.

Oh, and MARIOKART.bsp did fail to download in-game. Had to grab it elsewhere.

Top Bottom