• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My TF2 Server

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Ysiadmihi said:
Speaking of retards, some jackass complained that I switched from pyro to demoman to destroy his sentry the other day. He said something like "that's not gaming".

Why are people like this allowed to have Steam accounts, or computers?

Fucking cheater.

SexConker

Banned
I used to switch to take out sentries or such, but I've gotten better as Scout, and with the reduced lag lately (my ISP is doing better, yay) I can actually kick some ass.

1-D_FTW

TheOneGuy said:
Yeah but you still get the random people joining the server (like the GAF server, for instance) and acting all high and mighty. Of course, they leave when they realize the regulars don't give a shit about their senseless whining, but yeah.

Or air?

SexConker's server is kind of new, though. And Icy's, well I hadn't played on Icy's since Christmas (except for tournament scrimmages). So I'm not sure what the condition of that server was in when it died. But good admins and an established base tend to keep those idiots to a minimum. Not saying they won't pop up, but they'll tend to get banned.

Hopefully Sexconker has good some good admins and the server develops a good reputation with time.

Davidion

1-D_FTW said:
SexConker's server is kind of new, though. And Icy's, well I hadn't played on Icy's since Christmas (except for tournament scrimmages). So I'm not sure what the condition of that server was in when it died. But good admins and an established base tend to keep those idiots to a minimum. Not saying they won't pop up, but they'll tend to get banned.

Hopefully Sexconker has good some good admins and the server develops a good reputation with time.

Icy's server was nicely kept, any jackasses were usually banned quick. I get the same vibe from Conker's server.

Honestly, as already mentioned, stick to regulars and you'll get less and less of these idiots.

SexConker

Banned
No one's been banned on my server, and I have no admins. (Yet)
From what I see, 90% of the people are good, 10% are idiots.
The idiots usually get bored pretty quick and leave on their own.

I'm sorry for not paying more attention to the thing, but I've been kinda busy.

I want to get some more stuff squared away on the server, then add some admins.
I may look into turning on votekicking or votebanning.

Javaman

I'm really enjoying playing against the non-Gaffers (cept the whiners). Most of the regulars have figured out all of my tricks and I'm more of a roadbump. :lol

Twig

Banned
Javaman said:
I'm really enjoying playing against the non-Gaffers (cept the whiners). Most of the regulars have figured out all of my tricks and I'm more of a roadbump. :lol
Damn sentry right in front of red spawn on Gravelpit.

KILLS ME EVERY TIME.

Davidion

Javaman said:

If it makes you feel better, you can be a rather difficult roadbump. ;)

I still remember you and your damn sentry next to the Dustbowl tunnels, on the first point, ON OFFENSE. That particular setup still incenses me to no end till this day for some odd reason. :lol

SexConker

Banned
Davidion said:
If it makes you feel better, you can be a rather difficult roadbump. ;)

I still remember you and your damn sentry next to the Dustbowl tunnels, on the first point, ON OFFENSE. That particular setup still incenses me to no end till this day for some odd reason. :lol

Offense sentries usually screw up the defense pretty bad.

Davidion

SexConker said:
Offense sentries usually screw up the defense pretty bad.

That and it's usually unexpected.

This is particularly annoying if you're the kind of player that likes to sneak behind enemy lines to take them from behind. The last thing you need is some unexpected obstacle like a blindside sentry or a few enemies to drain your health before you get to the main force or just take you out altogether.

fallout

Javaman said:
Even when I know where your sg's are, I still stupidly run into them and say to myself: "Oooh yeeeeah."

Davidion

Capndrake said:
Server got active about 15 minutes after I went to bed :(

Poor yurop :(

Oh, and we had some clanners that had high scores in a game of dustbowl and decided to join the opposing team to brag over voice chat. :lol What a gimp.

Javaman

Davidion said:

Oh, and we had some clanners that had high scores in a game of dustbowl and decided to join the opposing team to brag over voice chat. :lol What a gimp.

Yeah. It felt good to tie the next round and shut him up a bit. Pretty fun gaming overall though!

k3tc2o.jpg

2f03z4i.jpg

"Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak" :lol :lol :lol

fallout

Davidion said:

I was on their team. Apparently we were supposed to be impressed that they were back.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Davidion said:

God, that guy was a dingbat.

For some reason I can't shoot straight these past few days, and it's infuriating me. I was doing tons better last week. :(

Davidion

Seriously, I hate seeing some twat pop up on the regular server like that. I only saw one of them acting up, was the other one just as obnoxious?

Good thing everything else was copacetic. Good times as always all.

Fallen: Yeah I took a few days off from playing and I swear my reflexes (whatever little left of it) feel more shot than usual.

Twig

Banned
fallengorn said:
God, that guy was a dingbat.

For some reason I can't shoot straight these past few days, and it's infuriating me. I was doing tons better last week. :(
I've been pretty off for like two weeks now. I don't know what's going on! Was doin' all right earlier today but there weren't a lot of people on, so hey. Oh well, it'll come back. It always does.

I just never know when. ):

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
MOTD says 4/27 might be the end of the server since Bloodletter is banned and the server being empty most of the time.

If more people pack in the server and he get's unbanned he'll move it to Chicago.

Top Bottom