• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My wife owned me in a game!

darscot

My wife who is your standard I have zero interest in a game completely owned me in Donkey Konga last night. Not only was she better at it then I was, but she became so addicted she completely tuned me out and refused to even let me play. It was kinda frightning to see. She got so consumed by it she was doing the whole reset retry at blazing speed. I know she is going to be playing all day while I'm at work too. Also forget the reviews the game rocks.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
My girlfriend beats my ass on a regular basis at Wario Ware, and we're split about 50/50 in bomberman. She will only play those two games with me now, ha.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
My wife destroys me in Karaoke Revolution. She sings so much better, it's not even funny. Then again, I'm better (much better) in frantic rhythm games, like Frequency/Amplitude, but she's very competent, probably even a bit better than I am in Space Channel 5. I was also a bit better at Donkey Konga at the kiosk when we played, but she tends to start off pretty bad in most games, but becomes much better really quickly.

Gek54

My wife literaly beats my ass if I beat her at Katamari Damacy. Especialy if she is winning and then at the last second I ram her ball. I got a nice handprint on my left cheek for that.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
My sister, who plays no games at all ever, once got SO addicted to that stupid Crazy Taxi mini game where you jump off a ramp and see how far you can land that she would have got the high score in a UK magazine if she'd bothered to send proof in.

Remarkable. I wouldn't even have the patience to do it. Girls also seem very good at puzzle games. I'm not sure why, the male brain is supposed to be better at rotating objects and the like, which is what a lot of puzzle game consist of, but they sure do love them.

It was so fucking funny when I beat my ex and her friend on a DDR machine though. m and my mate were watching them going "Hey, they're pretty good" and they both got Bs. We step up and get As. The reason it was funny as that we're such terrible dancers ahnd they always think they're so good. They probably are too, I'm convinced we only get higher scores because we treat it as a game and didn't sway about and stuff.

Tim

Gek54 said:
My wife literaly beats my ass if I beat her at Katamari Damacy. Especialy if she is winning and then at the last second I ram her ball. I got a nice handprint on my left cheek for that.

:lol awesome

My wife completely tunes me out when it comes to either Sims (anything), Medal of Honor or Silent Hill series.

Although Medal of Honor is fun to watch with her playing. Every few minutes you hear her yelling at the TV....

"FUCKING NAZIS!" usuall in anger after they snipe her off...

"Die you piece of shit nazi assholes!!!!" After she unleashes and dispatches a few with her machine gun.

If she sits down with either game, for get about it. Shes done for at least 2-3 hours. Sims especially.

Strange part is I cant get her to play any of my stuff... Halo, Riddick, etc, etc.

But I do have her hooked on Burnout 3 now.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
I love playing my girlfriend in four swords. She gets so pissed when I throw her into a pit or something or get her killed and steal all her force gems. It's great :D

thorns

Banned
So, girls play games.. what's so strange? the thing is they don't BUY games.. (well maybe except for the Sims).

My girl only plays GTA: Vice City, and Max Payne. I can't get her to ever play anything two player with me. Here's hoping for multiplayer GTA:SA.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
This former roommate of mine used to destroy me regularly in Bust a Move. I swear, I don't think I ever even won one.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Marconelly said:
My wife destroys me in Karaoke Revolution. She sings so much better, it's not even funny. Then again, I'm better (much better) in frantic rhythm games, like Frequency/Amplitude, but she's very competent, probably even a bit better than I am in Space Channel 5. I was also a bit better at Donkey Konga at the kiosk when we played, but she tends to start off pretty bad in most games, but becomes much better really quickly.

Marconelly, can you explain how Karaoke Revolution works for the PS2?? Does it come with a microphone or something??

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Justin Bailey said:
I love playing my girlfriend in four swords. She gets so pissed when I throw her into a pit or something or get her killed and steal all her force gems. It's great :D
Same here, that was such an awesome game to piss off your better half. I kept reminding everyone that I was "Asshole Link" and I kept getting dirty looks.

Yeah my girlfriend won't play videogames with anyone but her neice/newphew and myself. She isn't very good at them so she's too embarrased for anyone else to see her play.

She did a quick RPG stint with Lineage II (but got bored after lvl 16 because the game is horrible), loved Halo deathmatch, enjoyed Metal Gear Solid: TTS which encouraged her to play some Splinter Cell (which she also enjoyed), etc etc.

Now her new vice is Donkey Konga and I'm pretty sure I'm going to order another pair of drums soon.

miyuru

Flynn said:
They're out there, Miyuru. Keep Looking.

I wrote this story about a chick that played games for a zine.

Actually I know a girl into anime and games. Her favorite game is Chrono Trigger, as well as the PS2 sequel, the name escapes me at the moment. Actually she says every summer, she plays through it, and she can beat CT in 3 days now :p Insane eh?

And I know you suckaz want a pic:

me_and_tiff.jpg

Crazy, huh?

Vashu

Is this like, new for you guys? I mean, come on.. I know lots of girls who are into games and anime and stuff.. Actually, my girlfriend is pretty awesome when it comes to games... She is on 81% of Castlevania: Lament of Innocence with only 8 hours on the clock, which is, to my standards, pretty good.

She also managed to kick my ass in Burnout 3, but not that I really am into racing games. *where is a rolleyes smilie when you need one?! :p*

And yeah, she is also into anime and stuff.... It's like girls are aliens, when it comes to gaming and the likes, how some people react over here... o_O

By the by, Li (that's her nickname, not here though ;)), is also awesomely good at the Mortal Kombat games.... Now THAT stuff is frightening, she even kicks ass in Doom 3... God, how I love her!! But, luckily for me, Dante doesn't really exist... She'll have to do with Vash then... *insert rolleyes*

atomsk

Party Pooper
games I get owned in my my gf and her sister on a regular basis:

bust a move/puzzle bobble
puzzle fighter
ddr
pacman vs.

they got me into ddr. I can a/b most songs on trick, and they're aa'ing maniac songs all over the place

Drek

Meh, my girlfriend would stomp just about 85% of the GA population at Soul Calibur 2. Talim all the way, she's disgustingly fast.

Never beats me when I'm using Raphael though. :)

Vashu

atomsk said:
games I get owned in my my gf and her sister on a regular basis:

bust a move/puzzle bobble
puzzle fighter
ddr
pacman vs.

they got me into ddr. I can a/b most songs on trick, and they're aa'ing maniac songs all over the place

Probably has something to do with them being more agile, coz I get my ass licked (no, not litterally) with those games too! Seriously, women become devils when they play DDR.... It's scary! *shiver*

Cherubae

On topic, does anyone have advice on how to get a significant other to play games with you? The last time my and my guy played a game cooperatively together was when the Turtles game came out last October. We played through a few levels and that's it. He never would play FF11 with me (level span reasons), and I have no intrest in playing WoW. I even went out and purchased Hot Shots 4 and asked if he wanted to play with me, but he would only play the single-user mode games and that's it :-( At least he unlocked all the characters for me.

Maybe if I stripped nekkid he'd play with me again...

Mareg

My girlfriend as absolute no interest in games generally.
BUT, when she was young, she used to play super mario bros 2-3 with her two sisters. Once, I took my SNES back from the closet grave and hook up The mario collection. She then passed both mario 2 and 3 in a single sitting. I swear she lost about 4 lives in mario 3. She just knew everything by heart.... Amazing stuff. After the moment passed, she looked at gemes the same way she always has... like dog's pooh.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
miyuru said:
Actually I know a girl into anime and games. Her favorite game is Chrono Trigger, as well as the PS2 sequel, the name escapes me at the moment. Actually she says every summer, she plays through it, and she can beat CT in 3 days now :p Insane eh?

And I know you suckaz want a pic:

me_and_tiff.jpg

Crazy, huh?

1) There was no PS2 sequel.

2) Chrono Cross.

3) Hit that shit, you flacid skank!

Vashu

Cherubae said:
On topic, does anyone have advice on how to get a significant other to play games with you? The last time my and my guy played a game cooperatively together was when the Turtles game came out last October. We played through a few levels and that's it. He never would play FF11 with me (level span reasons), and I have no intrest in playing WoW. I even went out and purchased Hot Shots 4 and asked if he wanted to play with me, but he would only play the single-user mode games and that's it :-( At least he unlocked all the characters for me.

Maybe if I stripped nekkid he'd play with me again...

I guess it's just a conflict of interest, so try and find some games he would like to play together. And by the looks of it, he is just a sore loser, only wanting to play co-op games and the likes. Strippin nekkid is a last resort though, so if everything else fails...

If my girl would do that, I would do anything (gaming-related anythings ;)) she would want me to though! :p

miyuru

AlphaSnake said:
3) Hit that shit, you flacid skank!

Unfortunately, she's super religious. When I found out, I asked her if she'd seen Passion of the Christ since that was just released at this time. She said she'd like to see it, but then again she doesn't like R rated movies, well mainly because Passion is really gory apparently.

Anyway I then asked her if she'd watch an R rated movie without violence, and she said she's not very fond of crude jokes and swears either...

I'm so fake around her :lol

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
lol. welcome to my world of being owned at (by girlfriend) at :

Bomberman
Advance Wars 1/2
Time Crisis 1/2/3
VirtuaCop 1/2/3
Mario Tennis
Gundam
Halo
etc etc...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
miyuru said:
Unfortunately, she's super religious. When I found out, I asked her if she'd seen Passion of the Christ since that was just released at this time. She said she'd like to see it, but then again she doesn't like R rated movies, well mainly because Passion is really gory apparently.

Anyway I then asked her if she'd watch an R rated movie without violence, and she said she's not very fond of crude jokes and swears either...

I'm so fake around her :lol

Aww...that blows. :\

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
^ Fucking hell, she is the spit of my cousin. Stop perving on my cousin! She's only 15.

I got my goddaughter and her twin sister to successfully play Timesplitters 2 when they were 4. They never play games, and they managed dual analogue controls. They were shit n all, but they were managing to move around and point the gun in the right direction and stuff.

I was so proud.

Nester

DCharlie said:
lol. welcome to my world of being owned at (by girlfriend) at :

Advance Wars 1/2

I feel your pain there. I don't know how my wife does it with that game. AW1 was the game that made her want to get a GBA, along with Megaman Battle Network. She wipes the floor with me every time we play Advance wars. :(

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"I feel your pain there. I don't know how my wife does it with that game. AW1 was the game that made her want to get a GBA, along with Megaman Battle Network. She wipes the floor with me every time we play Advance wars. :("

well, the warning signs were there - i think she made Rank 5 or rank 6 in the game... she just played it solidly.

Vashu

I got sniped many times by my girl in Halo on Xbox... Really, she just loves to shoot the crap outta me. This one time, at band... oh wait... No seriously, one day when we were playing Halo with four people, I managed to get a shot at her and she fell down into the void at that asteroid thingie level.

She was not so happily surprised and shoved me of my seat! o_O Telling me I shouldn't scare her like that! :D

It was funny though, and she really is quite the competition. Great gaming with her! ^_^

Btw: DCharlie, being good at Virtua Cop and Time Crisis is just plain scary. You don't keep a gun in your house do ya?! :p

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Sounds like you guys are pretty piss-weak at the simple yet strategic games.

So far the girlfriend only regularly beats me at certain games but usually only happens when her friends play at the same time. Usually that revolves Mario Kart or something similar like Smash Bros where chance comes into play. Lately she's been trying Ridge Racer Type 4 since she hates the "slowness and weird controls" that is Gran Turismo 3. Hasn't beaten me yet but with practise she might.

Speedpop, ooooorrrr it could be that our woman friends are, this may sound REALLY crazy, GOOD AT GAMING?

No. It can't be, they're girls. They should be in the kitchen baking my ass a pie and on their knees giving me a mind-warping BJ while eating said pie.

What the hell was I thinking? Silly women...

Outside of the odd puzzle game victory, the only game that my wife beat me at with any kind of regularity, and this was inexplicable... was Timesplitters 2. And only when she had the rocket launcher. Every other weapon = victory me - 100's of times!

Glad it was a rental.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Marconelly, can you explain how Karaoke Revolution works for the PS2?? Does it come with a microphone or something??
You just use any USB headset, like Socom's or whatever others that are available. Also, first KR was being sold in two versions, one with headset, and one without. I bought one with the headset, and the second game I bought without, of course. Also, there's an actual USB microphone being sold that you can use with the game (it looks like a regular microphone, not like headset)

Top Bottom