• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naka "slapped upside face"

BuddyC

I love Sega. Sometimes. Then they bring out Blood Will Tell and I just kinda question my loyalty, then my sanity.

BuddyChrist83 said:
I love Sega. Sometimes. Then they bring out Blood Will Tell and I just kinda question my loyalty, then my sanity.

That is not the attitude. !!! Etc. Dororo has turned out OK it seems. OK meaning rubbish but could be worse. And at least it's not Seven Samurai 20XX. be grateful swine!

Anyway Altered Beast is shaping up OK. OK meaning probably ass, but better than Dororo. Maybe. What do I know I've played neither not nearly enough.

Love.

BuddyC

Maybe Headhunter Redemption will fare better, but somehow, I doubt it. Either way, it'll have to wait until I finish Dororo, which suffers from one of the sloppiest localizations I've ever seen come out of Sega.

Bebpo

Banned
KyotoMecca said:
That is not the attitude. !!! Etc. Dororo has turned out OK it seems. OK meaning rubbish but could be worse. And at least it's not Seven Samurai 20XX. be grateful swine!

Anyway Altered Beast is shaping up OK. OK meaning probably ass, but better than Dororo. Maybe. What do I know I've played neither not nearly enough.

Love.

Errrr, Dororo is actually one of Sega's better games lately, even with its flaws.
Chances of Altered-to-stupidety-Beast turning out better than Dororo is like a 1/100 odds.

you'd think Sega fans would be loving up Dororo since they can actually say something other than "I refuse to believe the Sega game you bitching about exists, lets talk about the next Sega project".

BuddyC

Truth be told, Dororo isn't that bad of a game. It also isn't that great of one.

The combat is fun but over too soon, as are most boss fights. This could be a blessing in disguise, though I'll have to play further before I weight in on that issue. I find the voice acting horrible, but that really goes hand in hand with piss-poor writing. I also love the grammatical and typographical errors in the manual.

Anyways, back on topic, the video didn't really show much of IWDFY, but I'm certainly intrigued by the concept. Hopefully it includes awesome music and spontaneous dance numbers.

Society said:
Or reencode it...

No. Not sure if the issue was with the SR2005 vids or the Rub vid but either way, why would Kikizo sacrifice 60fps? Most people could play the 60fps OR2 vids fine. It is time to upgrade and stop complaining about formats. Everyone should have WMP10 anyway. Also check your monitor is set to 60hz refresh.

Kon Tiki

Banned
KyotoMecca said:
No. Not sure if the issue was with the SR2005 vids or the Rub vid but either way, why would Kikizo sacrifice 60fps? Most people could play the 60fps OR2 vids fine. It is time to upgrade and stop complaining about formats. Everyone should have WMP10 anyway. Also check your monitor is set to 60hz refresh.
I do not use WMP10. I do not use any WMP on my linux box. It is not much to ask to have video that work on any PC.

60hz refresh? You want me to go blind?

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Video works fine for me with WMP10.

It looks good, but two flaws I noticed were fairly bad pop up and it was smooth but slow. The spedometer read 200 km/h most of the video but it looked more like 45 km/h.

:(

If Sega can fix the pop up and the speed issues and it controls like classic Sega Rally, then this will be a winner.

Society said:
I do not use WMP10. I do not use any WMP on my linux box. It is not much to ask to have video that work on any PC.

60hz refresh? You want me to go blind?

Is that a joke or something? Do you go blind when you play a 60fps videogame? The deafult for most monitors IS 60hz. As for your anti WMP stance, fine, but don't then complain about not being able to watch certain WM videos, that just strikes me as... silly.

Kon Tiki

Banned
KyotoMecca said:
Is that a joke or something? Do you go blind when you play a 60fps videogame? The deafult for most monitors IS 60hz. As for your anti WMP stance, fine, but don't then complain about not being able to watch certain WM videos, that just strikes me as... silly.

Low refresh rates are proven to give people headaches. Do you use 640x480 res too?

I appreciate the fact you guys get the videos. I also understand how leet it must be to encode videos with new technology. I am not anti-wmp, I am anti-having to have 50 million fucking players to playing videos when a common fucking format is available to anyone with a pc. Especially when the content does not warrant it, this is a video of a fucking camcorder, you do not need the latest codec to encode it.

God damn little kids.

Society said:
Low refresh rates are proven to give people headaches. Do you use 640x480 res too?

I appreciate the fact you guys get the videos. I also understand how leet it must be to encode videos with new technology. I am not anti-wmp, I am anti-having to have 50 million fucking players to playing videos when a common fucking format is available to anyone with a pc. Especially when the content does not warrant it, this is a video of a fucking camcorder, you do not need the latest codec to encode it.

God damn little kids.

Yeah.

First you contradict yourself by claiming 60hz refresh on a monitor will make you go "blind" then you whine about *low* refresh rates proven to give people headaches. *Shakes head*

Second, despite your accusations, I suggest it is you who hasn't a clue. You honestly think there would be no point in encoding a shakycam video at 60fps, we may as well end the discussion. And then you have the audacity to suggest Kikizo doesn't know what it's doing.

For clarity anyway... "Video of a fucking camcorder" that films a 60fps game will still appear 60fps on camcorder thanks to the same principle that makes it look 60fps on the PS2 in the first place, interlacing. WMV is not interlaced in this case. So it becomes 60 to retain smoothness. Whether or not it is cam footage is irrelevant.

Like I said, they obviously prefer to keep that smoothness, and most users are prepared to have the latest version of WHAT IS ACTUALLY A STANDARD PLAYER in order to experience such benefits. And for that matter, many versions of WMP9 and below also play these files fine. It is just you who can't it seems.

Additionally I don't see the relevance of discussing resolution particularly in the context you introduce it above.

Clown.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
First you contradict yourself by claiming 60hz refresh on a monitor will make you go "blind" then you whine about *low* refresh rates proven to give people headaches. *Shakes head*
What exactly is contradicting about that? I mean, 60hz refresh rate IS eye scrochingly awful on computer monitors. I actually do get a headache just by using monitors with that refresh rate for more than 10 minutes. Frankly, I can't stand even the 75hz refresh. 85 is fine, 100 is perfect.

Marconelly said:
What exactly is contradicting about that? I mean, 60hz refresh rate IS eye scrochingly awful on computer monitors. I actually do get a headache just by using monitors with that refresh rate for more than 10 minutes. Frankly, I can't stand even the 75hz refresh. 85 is fine, 100 is perfect.

Fair point (though 60hz *is* often standard on TFT whcih is what I am using) -- when he said "low" refresh rate I assumed he meant in terms of gaming, not low as in "less than 100" in terms of traditional monitors.

Either way, his the logic about how best to provide ideal video for 60fps game (or not) is missing. And he came off as, ahem, moany and ungrateful.

Kon Tiki

Banned
I assumed you used wmp10 to achive better visual clarity, which would be rather pointless for a camcorder, as any other codec can do the job.

I had no idea that you were using it for framrate. Quite franklywhy should I? I assumed you knew that QT does 60fps. I guess I gave you too much credit.

You have zero justification for using the codec, and are acting like a jackass.

Society said:
I assumed you used wmp10 to achive better visual clarity, which would be rather pointless for a camcorder, as any other codec can do the job.

I had no idea that you were using it for framrate. Quite franklywhy should I? I assumed you knew that QT does 60fps. I guess I gave you too much credit.

You have zero justification for using the codec, and are acting like a jackass.

- WMP10 is a player, not a codec. What is this prep school?
- You are still banging on about "camcorder" which as I explained is an irrelevant issue.
- QT does 60fps? Yeah? And so does WMV. Not just in the new WMP10 player, but lower. Invalid point.
- Zero justification for using what codec? It is a standard coded, which you do not have but everyone else does. In fact the coded used is WMV9. (Nothing specifically related to WMP10).
- I am acting like a jackass? You started it by saying "god damn little kids"! Not that I care of course.

If you can suggest a better Windows based codec that encodes at 60fps progressive then I am all ears. Why Windows instead of Quicktime? Because I prefer it. Quicktime, and its bulky, cumbersone player, is gay. This is another issue though... ;-)

Kon Tiki

Banned
KyotoMecca said:
- WMP10 is a player, not a codec. What is this prep school?

Now can you direct me to windows media 10 codec? So i can install it (without an added media player)? :)

KyotoMecca said:
- You are still banging on about "camcorder" which as I explained is an irrelevant issue.
I explained my postion, aside from drawing a picture, there isnot much I can do to try to get you to understand.
KyotoMecca said:
- QT does 60fps? Yeah? And so does WMV. Not just in the new WMP10 player, but lower. Invalid point.

My point is that QT is more widespread than wm10. Elitism as its best.

KyotoMecca said:
- Zero justification for using what codec? It is a standard coded, which you do not have but everyone else does. In fact the coded used is WMV9. (Nothing specifically related to WMP10).
Wrong. Not every computer uses windows.
KyotoMecca said:
- I am acting like a jackass? You started it by saying "god damn little kids"! Not that I care of course.

Read your previous point ou tloud.
KyotoMecca said:
If you can suggest a better Windows based codec that encodes at 60fps progressive then I am all ears. Why Windows instead of Quicktime? Because I prefer it. Quicktime, and its bulky, cumbersone player, is gay. This is another issue though... ;-)
How mature, I guess I was right about your age. Back on topic, you do not need QT player to play QT files, you just need the codec. Which is what I am disputing.

Society said:
I explained my postion, aside from drawing a picture, there isnot much I can do to try to get you to understand.

My point is that QT is more widespread than wm10. Elitism as its best.

Wrong. Not every computer uses windows.

Read your previous point ou tloud.
How mature, I guess I was right about your age. Back on topic, you do not need QT player to play QT files, you just need the codec. Which is what I am disputing.

You are proving to be more and more inconsistent with every post; instead of proving me wrong on any of my above points you try to evade by saying "I would have to draw a picture" - if you actually read what I have written there is nothing left you can say, in defence (STILL bemoaning WMP10 when it is not the issue and STILL unable to comprehend why camcorder or not is irrelevant) and then you try to decontextualise the whole topic by claiming I am immature for a comment that was intended to round things off with a smile. Well done lad.

As Sho Nuff said ... ;-)

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO USE A PROPER PC WITH PROPER VIDEO PLAYERS THEN STOP COMPLAINING WHEN YOU CAN'T PLAY CERTAIN VIDEOS PROPERLY ESPECIALLY WHEN EVERYONE ELSE CAN.

(And once again this is not a WMP10 issue. QT more widespread than WMP10? HELLO THAT IS BECAUSE WMP10 HAS BEEN OUT FOR ABOUT A MONTH. Is it more widespread than WMP in general? Because that is what these files are meant for. The end.

Top Bottom