• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name me some music games for DC

I can think of Space Channel 5/SC52 and Cool Cool Toon off the top of my head, trying to see if there were any other good ones I missed :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ddr 2nd mix and ddr club mix

there were a couple pop n music games also i think.

Mofo

Cool Cool was SNKs entry to the whole "simon says" music genre (I could of sworn it was SNK, but now that I'm thinking about it I could be wrong). Think Bust a Groove type stuff... was never really a big fan.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Yeah, there's Pop 'n Music for DC, which is pretty fun.

And is REZ not a music game. A game with music yes, but not a music game.

The third party maracas I had sucked. They'd reset the game all the time because they had to be "recognized by the system" mid-song. Evenutally they just stopped working.

aku:jiki

JackFrost2012 said:
Cool Cool Toon is great and underrated! (and has like 50 songs)
I don't get it. Is the music supposed to chop up like mad? :(

(Yes, I bought it. Yes, I tried it on a couple of different DC's.)

Wow, the GAF must be pyschic or something; I was just thinking about starting a thread about Cool Cool Toon this morning.

I'm a big fan of the game; has some of the most unique controls ever for a music/simon says game. Ever tried ripping if off for a game at Ubi Soft, but I couldn't figure out a good means to improve upon it (course that was then..).

CCT has really good music,incredible motion capture, and a Gitaroo-Man style control scheme. It can get a bit hairy in the later levels on Hard, but on Easy the game stays challenging and fun throughout. It just is funny and has style, endearing characters, and good music ... which is like more than half of a music game.

No, the music shouldn't jump around.

Top Bottom